British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

1 minute ago, salty said:

Can't begrudge BZ that win. Fantastic ride to win the final. Hope he goes on to win in Torun.

Of course he will. The whole series has been set up for him to win it.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

As for Pearson, my god, he bangs on about Hancock more now than when he was actually in races.  WTF was he on about with Doyle landing on his shoulder rather than head being a good thing? Speedway riders are frequently out because of collarbones.    And calling the overall title lead during a race is pointless, as Bartek showed on that final bend, how many times does he do that.  Awful commentator... as calling Tai winning a race he was not in last night shows.

1 minute ago, TheReturn said:

You can't appreciate a fantastic, brilliant racer? A clean and fair racer?  Yeah if you don't understand that yeah speedway is not for you. 

Can't say I do but that's how it is 

I appreciate Nikki Pedersen  but we are constantly told how wicked etc  he is/was

But I don't take notice of that criticism

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Got nothing to do with it.

I was cheering Woffinden but don’t tell me Zmarzlik won that with skill. He has the fastest bikes by a mile. A jockey on them. 

WELL, he didn't beat Woffy by a mile. You are hardly going to win races with the slowest bikes. Hamilton is F1 WC because he has the fastest car and as much as I don't like him personally would never doubt his driving skills.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO chance ... period

Phil- why do BSI and the TV production company continue to make errors on the scores- they gave Magic 10 and Emil 9 when it is clearly the other way round.

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WELL, he didn't beat Woffy by a mile. You are hardly going to win races with the slowest bikes. Hamilton is F1 WC because he has the fastest car and as much as I don't like him personally would never doubt his driving skills.

Why have you never questioned the ex rider who posts on here about his comments on cheating? 

You seen Icarus? It is great. 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course he will. The whole series has been set up for him to win it.

I bet If you check his phone records he was the one who ordered covid19 from Wuhan...

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Phil- why do BSI and the TV production company continue to make errors on the scores- they gave Magic 10 and Emil 9 when it is clearly the other way round.

They probably have an intern to do that particular job to save cost. One that don't don't jackrubbish about the sport.

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

F1 is simply down to the car you are driving. Stick a top ten driver in a Mercedes and they will be top three no doubt.

Stick a top rider on Zmarzliks bikes, and they will win. Swap bikes for Zmarzlik and Woffinden and the result would have been a win for Tai. The only way Zmarzlik won that was because he had the fastest bike.

My opinion of course and others will disagree.

1 minute ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Why have you never questioned the ex rider who posts on here about his comments on cheating? 

NEVER read them but what has that to do with Zmarzlik? I can guarantee you that there isn't a rider in the SGP who thinks that he is cheating. Not only is he speedway's World Champion but one of the most popular sportsman in Poland. Speedway at SGP level has numerous methods to check machinery etc. Having a fast bike is one thing, being able to make it count is quite another as Bartosz showed in the final tonight. I would also add that he is a delightful young lad, from a terrific family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

F1 is simply down to the car you are driving. Stick a top ten driver in a Mercedes and they will be top three no doubt.

Stick a top rider on Zmarzliks bikes, and they will win. Swap bikes for Zmarzlik and Woffinden and the result would have been a win for Tai. The only way Zmarzlik won that was because he had the fastest bike.

My opinion of course and others will disagree.

I'm happy to disagree. And I do. Those bikes are specifically tuned to suit A rider. Could well be that another rider even with similar physics can do cowdough with it.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that..

Zmarzlik truly a potential 'great' of the sport..

His bikes are fast but surely that is the point of a motor sport?

And there are plenty of 'all the gear but no idea' riders over the years who have 'rocket ships' but haven't done anything like this kid..

And the beauty of Speedway is the fastest bike isn't always the one that can get around the track the quickest given too much power can result in no grip and, therefore, no forward propulsion..

Inside, and outside, freshly graded track or not,  this lad stalks you and passes you for fun..

A true joy to watch, and with Woffy they truly showcase how good this sport is..

Lets hope he wins this and the ludicrous scoring system doesn't take his deserved 'back to back' titles away..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

They probably have an intern to do that particular job to save cost. One that don't don't jackrubbish about the sport.

AS you probably know it is an automated system operated by the graphics company (one of the leading ones in the country) but there is obviously a glitch. Will pass on to BSI.

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NEVER read them but what has that to do with Zmarzlik? I can guarantee you that there isn't a rider in the SGP who thinks that he is cheating. Not only is he speedway's World Champion but one of the most popular sportsman in Poland. Speedway at SGP level has numerous methods to check machinery etc. Having a fast bike is one thing, being able to make it count is quite another as Bartosz showed in the final tonight. I would also add that he is a delightful young lad, from a terrific family.

Is it not slightly scandalous an ex rider can post about known cheating though without any form of question? 

Re the rest of your post I find it sycophantic bull sh it, I don’t care sorry.