British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

F1 is simply down to the car you are driving. Stick a top ten driver in a Mercedes and they will be top three no doubt.

Stick a top rider on Zmarzliks bikes, and they will win. Swap bikes for Zmarzlik and Woffinden and the result would have been a win for Tai. The only way Zmarzlik won that was because he had the fastest bike.

My opinion of course and others will disagree.

Well Scott Nicholls disagrees with you, that's good enough for me.  Bart is a quality motorcyclist, as Scott said he squeezes everything out of the bike, pure racer.

1 minute ago, f-s-p said:

I'm happy to disagree. And I do. Those bikes are specifically tuned to suit A rider. Could well be that another rider even with similar physics can do cowdough with it.

Fair enough. We all have our own opinions. I am not a Zmarzlik hater. Just believe the whole series has been set up for his benefit due to where the rounds are. So anyone but Zmarzlik. 

However, as expected, he has it in the bag. The organisers must be happy they got it right.

1 minute ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Is it not slightly scandalous an ex rider can post about known cheating though without any form of question? 

Re the rest of your post I find it sycophantic bull sh it, I don’t care sorry. 

Someones got a beef, spit it out Jim.

2 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Is it not slightly scandalous an ex rider can post about known cheating though without any form of question? 

WON'T lose any sleep over that.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Fair enough. We all have our own opinions. I am not a Zmarzlik hater. Just believe the whole series has been set up for his benefit due to where the rounds are. So anyone but Zmarzlik. 

However, as expected, he has it in the bag. The organisers must be happy they got it right.

SURELY the same applies to Janowski ... one of his home track, two others in Poland and one in Prague.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Watch it The Bushwackers will be after you!

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AS you probably know it is an automated system operated by the graphics company (one of the leading ones in the country) but there is obviously a glitch. Will pass on to BSI.

So I was only wrong on person/organisation to blame. :t:In real life though, I've wanted to create the perfect excel sheet myself (cos it would be free) for almost 20 years now. Cant do it, so haven't released A SINGLE draft for public use. Maybe something for the bigger companies to live by...

12 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SURELY the same applies to Janowski ... one of his home track, two others in Poland and one in Prague.

It would have been a repeat of the Jerzy and Zenon syndrome

They got a world champion but just not the ....................... right one!!!

Edited by Mr. Clemens

8 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Someones got a beef, spit it out Jim.

No beef at all neither here or there. well done Bartos,

I just find it slightly odd people deny the idea anyone might ever cheat at sport when people have been found guilty of it and an ex rider talks about methods of cheating on this forum

The flat out “no shut up go away” it’s now been proven it’s not a great method of journalism ,  there is evidence to show this, dodgy things happen so in sport at high levels, a lot. Again just a general comment 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Discrepancy in scores (Tai/Freddie/Bartoz) between speedway updates site and SCB website. Anybody else noticed and if so, what are the correct scores?

If it's reported in previous pages, apologies !!

20 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

As for Pearson, my god, he bangs on about Hancock more now than when he was actually in races.  WTF was he on about with Doyle landing on his shoulder rather than head being a good thing? Speedway riders are frequently out because of collarbones.    And calling the overall title lead during a race is pointless, as Bartek showed on that final bend, how many times does he do that.  Awful commentator... as calling Tai winning a race he was not in last night shows.

Pointless? Of course it isn't, it's highlighting the importance of the race.

Great commentary with Nige and Kelv tonight. They're getting better and better.

And I'm someone who wasn't keen on him when he first started.

5 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Shame, fans would probably like to know why ex riders talk about cheating but never get to see depth to it. 

Maybe because these ex riders weren't man enough at the time lodging OFFICIAL protests and making checks happen. Instead they whine here now for how many years later... Maybe they had something of their own to hide at the time?

Just now, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

No beef at all neither here or there. well done Bartos,

I just find it slightly odd people deny the idea anyone might ever cheat at sport when people have been found guilty of it and an ex rider talks about methods of cheating on this forum

The flat out “no shut up go away” it’s now been proven it’s not a great method of journalism ,  there is evidence to show this, dodgy things happen so in sport at high levels, a lot 

Didn't think for a minute that you had a beef with Bart, it's just the way you keep harping on about an ex rider etc, it's obvious who your comments are aimed at but he's not Rising to the bait.

2 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

Discrepancy in scores (Tai/Freddie/Bartoz) between speedway updates site and SCB website. Anybody else noticed and if so, what are the correct scores?

If it's reported in previous pages, apologies !!

I was going to ask this question as I do not understand how you can get 16 pts in the meeting and 2nd in the Final and end up with Tai's total!  Should he have got 18 WC points not 14 WC points as he was second?