British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

6 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

No beef at all neither here or there. well done Bartos,

I just find it slightly odd people deny the idea anyone might ever cheat at sport when people have been found guilty of it and an ex rider talks about methods of cheating on this forum

The flat out “no shut up go away” it’s now been proven it’s not a great method of journalism ,  there is evidence to show this, dodgy things happen so in sport at high levels, a lot. Again just a general comment 

NEVER said that nobody cheats at sport. List is as long as your arm. And no doubt there has been cheating in speedway and maybe still is in on occasions in domestic racing. But the safeguards at the highest level, the World Championship, are stringent and if riders thought another was cheating they would not be slow in coming forward. 

3 minutes ago, berniev123 said:

I was going to ask this question as I do not understand how you can get 16 pts in the meeting and 2nd in the Final and end up with Tai's total!  Should he have got 18 WC points not 14 WC points as he was second?

At least I'm not alone !!

Updates site :-

BZ 19

TW 16

JD 12

FL 15

SCB site :-

BZ 20

TW 14

JD 16

FL 14

Hmmmm??

4 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

BZ 19

TW 16

JD 12

FL 15

BZ 20

TW 14

JD 16

FL 14

Hmmmm??

It`s not rocket science- the TV got Magic and Emil wrong- i posted this on my comp page within 60 secs of the final finishing all worked out by hand from my programme

20 Zmarzlik

18 Woffinden

16 Doyle

14 Lindgren

12 Vaculik

11 Madsen

10 Sayfutdinov

9 Janowski

8 Fricke

7 Zagar

6 Dudek

5 Laguta

4 lindback

3 Michelsen

2 NKI

1 Milik

Edited by racers and royals

3 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

BZ 19

TW 16

JD 12

FL 15

BZ 20

TW 14

JD 16

FL 14

Hmmmm??

As the Updater I've just used last year's scoring system and then update the standings after the meeting before adding that to the thread of the next GP (E.G R7 at Torun shows the current standings).

Zmarzlik finished on 13 after 5 rides, won his semi and the final. 13 + 6 = 19 (or it did when i was at school)

11 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Great commentary with Nige and Kelv tonight. They're getting better and better.

Really!  'There's Dudek's father, no idea what his name is'

Here's some clues:

He rode for 23 years in the Polish League (14 of them with ZG)

He appeared in 7 Polish Championship Finals (including a podium finish)

He competed in this match:

http://www.speedwayw.pl/dmp/1992/zgwr_1.htm

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

Really!  'There's Dudek's father, no idea what his name is'

Here's some clues:

He rode for 23 years in the Polish League (14 of them with ZG)

He appeared in 7 Polish Championship Finals (including a podium finish)

He competed in this match:

http://www.speedwayw.pl/dmp/1992/zgwr_1.htm

Not sure they would know that as they didn`t know who rides for Torun apart from Jack Holder.

21 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Maybe because these ex riders weren't man enough at the time lodging OFFICIAL protests and making checks happen. Instead they whine here now for how many years later... Maybe they had something of their own to hide at the time?

Aye the ex rider was tugid I would just be interested to see depth to the comments 

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not sure they would know that as they didn`t know who rides for Torun apart from Jack Holder.

But they do know that Crump (J) was born in Bristol... I believe they mentioned it once!

27 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

No beef at all neither here or there. well done Bartos,

I just find it slightly odd people deny the idea anyone might ever cheat at sport when people have been found guilty of it and an ex rider talks about methods of cheating on this forum

The flat out “no shut up go away” it’s now been proven it’s not a great method of journalism ,  there is evidence to show this, dodgy things happen so in sport at high levels, a lot. Again just a general comment 

So he 'cheats' time, and time, and time, and time, again...?

For two years?

And he hasn't been tested and found out?

The unique thing  about Speedway is that it takes place on all shapes and sizes of tracks, and it also takes place on tracks with differing levels of grip/slickness etc. All of which will impact a bikes characteristics very acutely...

Meaning a 'too fast bike' is no use..

You then have the completely random riding order which may favour certain gates given the track grading schedule..

You then have the weather which can influence many a meeting dependant on your gates when the adverse weather strikes...

Yet, within all these variables Zmarzlik is still 100% head and shoulders the best on the planet..

Maybe, (therefore), he is just very, very good....?

And also maybe we should just sit back, relax, and enjoy watching a potential 'great' at work..

Him and Woffy are truly a couple of all time greats whose races are (cliche alert), always worth the admission alone..

Just enjoy the unique spectacle..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, mikebv said:

Him and Woffy are truly a couple of all time greats whose races are (cliche alert), always worth the admission alone..

and also very fair to each other. Which is good to see.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

(...) The only way Zmarzlik won that was because he had the fastest bike.

My opinion of course and others will disagree.

Of course I will disagree...and what's more...I am asking you a question...who and what stops other riders (Tai among them) to have faster bikes that BZ.

In the past Polish riders had no access to up to date speedway technical facilities and yet people like Plech, Jancarz, to name only these two, managed to mix with the best in the world. Now times have changed and all top riders have the same possibilities/opportunities to have what they need to win.

If you want equal chances for all, let use for GP racing  bikes provided by FIM, direct from a factory (untouched by tuners).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It`s not rocket science- the TV got Magic and Emil wrong- i posted this on my comp page within 60 secs of the final finishing all worked out by hand from my programme

20 Zmarzlik

18 Woffinden

16 Doyle

14 Lindgren

12 Vaculik

11 Madsen

10 Sayfutdinov

9 Janowski

8 Fricke

7 Zagar

6 Dudek

5 Laguta

4 lindback

3 Michelsen

2 NKI

1 Milik

Thank you. Within 60 seconds - that is impressive !!

3 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Of course I will disagree...and what's more...I am asking you a question...who and what stops other riders (Tai among them) to have faster bikes that BZ.

In the past Polish riders had no access to up to date speedway technical facilities and yet people like Plech, Jancarz, to name only these two, managed to mix with the best in the world. Now times have changed and all top riders have the same possibilities/opportunities to have what they need to win.

If you want equal chances for all, let use for GP racing  bikes provided by FIM, direct from a factory (untouched by tuners).

There should  be equal chances for all that is what competition is - and that goes for any sport

A loaded dice is no good to anyone 

Thanks for the answer Aceslider but the SGB/SGP site have this: Bartosz Zmarzlik 20, Fredrik Lindgren 18, Jason Doyle 16, Tai Woffinden 14 and that is why I asked.