British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

And all this discussion about who got what championship points, way after the end of the meeting as per last night, I find slightly amusing. Wouldn't it be easier to just award points according to where you finish in a race? 3 for first, 2 for second and 1 for third might work.

When you put in that context, and given that SCB reported incorrect figures (suggesting that even they are confused), I think you have a point:o

1 minute ago, Aceslider said:

When you put in that context, and given that SCB reported incorrect figures (suggesting that even they are confused), I think you have a point:o

I'd go further. Your total race points would count towards the world championship and your finishing position in each GP final would only determine your finishing position in that GP.

Does anyone have a sense of déjà vu?

11 minutes ago, chunky said:

And unfortunately - particularly when it comes to motorsport - one person will always find a way to make it go quicker...

AND as long as that is legitimate it will always happen. What happens on the track is only a part of any motorsport and that includes speedway. But, as has already been pointed out, the secret is getting both the machine (bike or car) in perfect harmony with the driver or rider. Hamilton and Bottas both drive Mercedes cars but they are very different and what works for one wouldn't work for the other. Otherwise they would be identical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AND as long as that is legitimate it will always happen. What happens on the track is only a part of any motorsport and that includes speedway. But, as has already been pointed out, the secret is getting both the machine (bike or car) in perfect harmony with the driver or rider. Hamilton and Bottas both drive Mercedes cars but they are very different and what works for one wouldn't work for the other. Otherwise they would be identical.

Good point.
But bottom line, is there anyone out there who can deny BZ the no.1 ranking in the world?

Today, anyway?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mikebv said:

So he 'cheats' time, and time, and time, and time, again...?

For two years?

And he hasn't been tested and found out?

The unique thing  about Speedway is that it takes place on all shapes and sizes of tracks, and it also takes place on tracks with differing levels of grip/slickness etc. All of which will impact a bikes characteristics very acutely...

Meaning a 'too fast bike' is no use..

You then have the completely random riding order which may favour certain gates given the track grading schedule..

You then have the weather which can influence many a meeting dependant on your gates when the adverse weather strikes...

Yet, within all these variables Zmarzlik is still 100% head and shoulders the best on the planet..

Maybe, (therefore), he is just very, very good....?

And also maybe we should just sit back, relax, and enjoy watching a potential 'great' at work..

Him and Woffy are truly a couple of all time greats whose races are (cliche alert), always worth the admission alone..

Just enjoy the unique spectacle..

Where 

Did 

i say

he 

cheats

your “enjoy the spectacle comment” is redundant to me I don’t think like you, you accept things blindly . I  find that way of life dull and that of someone not wanting to learn and challenge that’s not me. 

Just now, False dawn said:

Good point.
But bottom line, is there anyone out there who can deny BZ the no.1 ranking in the world?

Today, anyway?

PROBABLY not but that is down to Bartosz and not simply his equipment

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NEVER said that nobody cheats at sport. List is as long as your arm. And no doubt there has been cheating in speedway and maybe still is in on occasions in domestic racing. But the safeguards at the highest level, the World Championship, are stringent and if riders thought another was cheating they would not be slow in coming forward. 

Some of Woffindens comments though... 

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PROBABLY not but that is down to Bartosz and not simply his equipment

Absolutely. I can remeber but a few riders in the past 50 years that are so exciting to watch. Particularly his all action style.
I'm sure I can think of a few but Bobby Ott springs to mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

And all this discussion about who got what championship points, way after the end of the meeting as per last night, I find slightly amusing. Wouldn't it be easier to just award points according to where you finish in a race? 3 for first, 2 for second and 1 for third might work.

That seems quite revolutionary.

Has it ever been tried ?

1 hour ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Where 

Did 

i say

he 

cheats

your “enjoy the spectacle comment” is redundant to me I don’t think like you, you accept things blindly . I  find that way of life dull and that of someone not wanting to learn and challenge that’s not me. 

I see Matthew is making friends again.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Check his engines. Seems to me to be more than 500cc. 

It's all about set up, too much power, too much spin,

gets you nowhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

There are a myriad of other factors involved in F1 so it's a poor comparison to speedway. Try something like the Easy Kart karting series, same controlled engines, same tyres, same gearing even, just down to driver ability and set up. Some riders are better than others, some riders or their team can set up the bike  better than others. Simple as that. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Clemens said:

It would give new riders the opportunity to shine and up their game 

GP challenge for that or Euros