Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

8 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SEVEN points ahead not 17

SEVENTEEN RACE POINTS ahead not 7

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Got nothing to do with it.

I was cheering Woffinden but don’t tell me Zmarzlik won that with skill. He has the fastest bikes by a mile. A jockey on them. 

He was able to stay and win on the fastest bikes,his passes are executed with great skill which obviously upsets you.Still that’s your option.

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Check his engines. Seems to me to be more than 500cc. 

Think you will find they are checked, as you know fine.:rolleyes:

Zmarzlik is head and shoulders above, who cares if he has the fastest bikes, the same could be said for Woffy numerous times he won it. His straight line speed was way faster than anyone else. Rickardsson looked his bike was 1000cc at times. It happens. 

Zmarzlik without a doubt the best rider in the world right now, absolutely superb. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

F1 is simply down to the car you are driving. Stick a top ten driver in a Mercedes and they will be top three no doubt.

Stick a top rider on Zmarzliks bikes, and they will win. Swap bikes for Zmarzlik and Woffinden and the result would have been a win for Tai. The only way Zmarzlik won that was because he had the fastest bike.

My opinion of course and others will disagree.

For someone who knows about the sport you talk some rubbish at times,It’s the bike set-up that makes them the fastest on the night.These machines are not performing anywhere near the maximum speed that they can achieve .Its set up and gearing that gives them performance.:rolleyes:

• Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

For someone who knows about the sport you talk some rubbish at times,It’s the bike set-up that makes them the fastest on the night.These machines are not performing anywhere near the maximum speed that they can achieve .Its set up and gearing that gives them performance.:rolleyes:

Of course he knows that, it's pretty much the same for most tv live meetings, he just sets out to, in his mind, be controversial and generate conversation, it's really not needed but hey ho. Anyone watching that last night can only marvel at what Bartosz can get out of his machinery, he's brilliant to watch, moreso when he's beaten out of the gate, I was willing Woffy to hold out in that final but inside I knew he was going to get overhauled, it was an enthralling race.

If Bart retains the crown it will be fully deserved, best rider in the world right now.

• Like 4

... Also, what is it with the bald fat guy with the glasses and his out of his league punching above his weight trophy wife? Why is Polish TV fixated on him? He's all over the league coverage as well!

Woffy will be disappointed as he made a mistake off bend 2 and scrubbed off speed. Woffy is as quick just not as good when behind. Also The fantastic Pole is I believe about 55 kg in weight and on these slick tracks he has a massive advantage about two thirds of the way down the straight which he uses to great effect. This gives him a 5 to 15 kg weight advantage on some of his competitors. There are no deep gp tracks So unless it rains and rains in Toruń, he is home and dry, this year.

27 minutes ago, iainb said:

... Also, what is it with the bald fat guy with the glasses and his out of his league punching above his weight trophy wife? Why is Polish TV fixated on him? He's all over the league coverage as well!

looks a suitable case for a heart attack if you ask me :o

29 minutes ago, ray c said:

looks a suitable case for a heart attack if you ask me :o

At least it'll be caught live on TV when Bartek crosses the line to become champion again and the camera inevitably cuts to him :rofl:

Edited by iainb

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It wasn't that long ago that people were talking about how Madsen generates so much speed out of the corners. Also, Laguta was fast in the first 2 GP's but that was down to the tyres. What, just the tyres? What about the other riders using them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

His name is Jörg Grohmann, he's German, and one of Robert Lambert's sponsors. He loves his speedway, is a big fan of Lambert, Zmarzlik and speedway in general, and follows it wherever he can.

He puts his money where his mouth is. Maybe that's not to your liking? Maybe he should stay at home, put he feet up in front of the telly, listen to Pearson & Tatum, post sarcastic remarks on BSF and keep his money to himself? The sport would be so much better for it wouldn't it?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

His name is Jörg Grohmann, he's German, and one of Robert Lambert's sponsors. He loves his speedway, is a big fan of Lambert, Zmarzlik and speedway in general, and follows it wherever he can.

He puts his money where his mouth is. Maybe that's not to your liking? Maybe he should stay at home, put he feet up in front of the telly, listen to Pearson & Tatum, post sarcastic remarks on BSF and keep his money to himself? The sport would be so much better for it wouldn't it?

GOOD post ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

No, he can do exactly as he pleases... Don't know why I have to see him every time Zmarzlik or Lambert wins a race though do you?