British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

3 hours ago, nw42 said:

Anyone watching that last night can only marvel at what Bartosz can get out of his machinery, he's brilliant to watch, moreso when he's beaten out of the gate, I was willing Woffy to hold out in that final but inside I knew he was going to get overhauled, it was an enthralling race.

If Bart retains the crown it will be fully deserved, best rider in the world right now.

Absolutely bang on. As a fan, I have no strong feeling either way for Zmarzlik. To be honest, I would have preferred Woffinden to have won.

But I do like it when our World Champion is a rider who demonstrates real all-round quality by overtaking his closest rivals. Think Penhall v Olsen and Knudsen 1981, Collins v Simmons in 1976 and Rickardsson v Nielsen in 1994. Its the mark of a real champion. Zmarzlik is a bona fide class act well worthy of the mantle of World Champion. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, falcace said:

Absolutely bang on. As a fan, I have no strong feeling either way for Zmarzlik. To be honest, I would have preferred Woffinden to have won.

But I do like it when our World Champion is a rider who demonstrates real all-round quality by overtaking his closest rivals. Think Penhall v Olsen and Knudsen 1981, Collins v Simmons in 1976 and Rickardsson v Nielsen in 1994. Its the mark of a real champion. Zmarzlik is a bona fide class act well worthy of the mantle of World Champion. 

Can't argue with any of that...

7 hours ago, iainb said:

No, he can do exactly as he pleases... Don't know why I have to see him every time Zmarzlik or Lambert wins a race though do you?

Sponsers lambert & Zmarzlik, very nice genuine guy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

Sponsers lambert & Zmarzlik, very nice genuine guy

Whoever directs the Polish TV coverage seems to be infatuated with him. I must say the TV coverage has been particularly poor this year, passes often being missed, reverse angles at the start, aerial shots during a race, lingering shots of the flag man and the fat bald guy with the glasses getting more screen time than the riders! Nothing against him... In actual fact he could be my twin :rofl:

14 hours ago, iainb said:

wasn't totally convinced by Zmarlik... until last night, he's a different class at the moment, the move he pulled on Woffy in the final, for me, is up there with the memorable moments of the GP's Tricks "wall of death" at Cardiff and Gollobs las bend swoop on Jimmy Nilsen at Bigdosh.

He's head an shoulders above anybody else in this years series 17 race points clear of the next best (Woffy)

On another point... did anybody notice Pat Dudeks helmet last night? WTF was going on with the front of it? 2:04:21

Gollob's last bend swoop on Jimmy Nilsen was at Wroclaw, not Bydgoszcz :) 

And as for Dudek's helmet, it was BSI's camera, I believe both Dudek and Janowski had it on (at least on Friday), so hopefully we'll some good footage from it soon

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tarkens said:

In nearly 60 years of watching speedway, I have NEVER seen a move like that one. Every time I watch it (which is pretty regularly!) my heart skips a beat - literally...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tarkens said:

And as for Dudek's helmet, it was BSI's camera, I believe both Dudek and Janowski had it on (at least on Friday), so hopefully we'll some good footage from it soon

They show the footage on the Saturday Talking dirt programm

8 hours ago, tarkens said:

Thanks.

I thought Dudek was wearing some kind of Darth Dudek voice box to communicate with the pits lol

10 hours ago, chunky said:

In nearly 60 years of watching speedway, I have NEVER seen a move like that one. Every time I watch it (which is pretty regularly!) my heart skips a beat - literally...

To me the greatest pass I have ever seen too  thought TG was going to go through the fence ,Bart could well be one of the all time greats injury allowing .

12 hours ago, racers and royals said:

They show the footage on the Saturday Talking dirt programm

So you can wear a helmet cam for the media but not for your own use as its considered a danger.

26 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

So you can wear a helmet cam for the media but not for your own use as its considered a danger.

The FIM regulation that prohibits the use of a camera on a helmet is 01.67

6 minutes ago, MARK246 said:

The FIM regulation that prohibits the use of a camera on a helmet is 01.67

I daresay there's a loophole then where the   peak isn't considered too be part of the helmet. I know the thinking was the camera could  cause an injury but a peak mounted  one could possibly do a lot of damage in a  fall such as Jazon Doyle's at the weekend.. 

I also realise a lot of HSE type rules/laws are a fair bit into the beinv struck by lightning percentages.

18 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

I daresay there's a loophole then where the   peak isn't considered too be part of the helmet. I know the thinking was the camera could  cause an injury but a peak mounted  one could possibly do a lot of damage in a  fall such as Jazon Doyle's at the weekend.. 

I also realise a lot of HSE type rules/laws are a fair bit into the beinv struck by lightning percentages.

Just to be sure I have checked the regs.

01.67 A helmet is made to provide protection. It is not a platform to attach foreign objects. Cameras and/or other accessories are NOT permitted nor shall be attached to the rider's helmet.

So like you say the peak may be safe, especially if it has a green M on it 

• Like 1

As most riders use coloured helmets for each gate position, why not remove the peak so as not to have a tape infringement as the tapes rise & catch the peak.

19 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

As most riders use coloured helmets for each gate position, why not remove the peak so as not to have a tape infringement as the tapes rise & catch the peak.

I think it’s likely the front wheel has touched the tape well before the peak on a helmet. Seems the helmet peak catches when they have gone through the tapes with the wheel and carried on.

• Like 1