British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

What about poor old Vaclav Milik. He managed to finish 17th out 16  :P

I’m afraid I have to agree with Scott Nichols over starting procedures.They are virtually having to show them in slow motion at times to see if it was a roller.Unless they touch the tapes they should let it go.

• Like 2

Just now, False dawn said:

What about poor old Vaclav Milik. He managed to finish 17th out 16  :P

He has lost the plot these days.

Maybe not so simple, because the official website states:

Should a rider be excluded or fail to finish their semi-final, they will be ranked lower than a third or fourth finisher who does complete their race. If both third or fourth-placed stars fail to finish, they will be ranked according to how many race points they scored in the heats.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

I’m afraid I have to agree with Scott Nichols over starting procedures.They are virtually having to show them in slow motion at times to see if it was a roller.Unless they touch the tapes they should let it go.

Be careful what you wish for. If anticipating the tapes was allowed, more riders (all?) would be at it. Then you'd need super slomo to see who touched the tapes first!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

(...). Add this year that it is heavily weighted towards Polish riders and he should romp it.

I strongly disagree with your note that "this year that it is heavily weighted towards Polish riders"

Anybody who is somebody in world speedway rides day in and day out in the Polish League. Tai Woffinden has been Wroclaw riders for years more than I can remember. So is the case with any foreign riders. How therefore you, or anybody else, can claim that this year is heavily weighted toward Polish riders.

• Like 5

Hold on, let me quote the whole thing, where the third paragraph seems to contradict the first two paragraphs:

Reaching the semi-final ensures a rider will go home with at least nine points. The third-placed semi-finalist who scores the most race points in their five heats will earn 12, with the other third finisher awarded 11.

The fourth-placed semi-finalist who scored the most points in the heats will receive 10, with the other fourth finisher receiving nine.

Should a rider be excluded or fail to finish their semi-final, they will be ranked lower than a third or fourth finisher who does complete their race. If both third or fourth-placed stars fail to finish, they will be ranked according to how many race points they scored in the heats.

• Confused 1

Polish riders riding on Polish tracks in front of Polish fans. Heavily weighted in their favour.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 2

Just now, False dawn said:

Be careful what you wish for. If anticipating the tapes was allowed, more riders (all?) would be at it. Then you'd need super slomo to see who touched the tapes first!

At least they have got super slo -no.:Dy

1 minute ago, lucifer sam said:

That only sorts out two riders in the same semi. It seems that an exclusion from one semi where only 3 riders are lining up, trumps a 4th place finish in the other semi

2 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Going by that statement, then, the results & positions should be amended.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Polish riders riding on Polish tracks in front of Polish fans. 

They all ride Poland ,you know fine well.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mark said:

I know the argument is about Prague being a nice city to visit but there must be other nice places in Europe with better tracks than this.   Dire meeting with riders jumping as they know they can't pass and one gate yards better than the rest.   The riders cant enjoy this GP and the real fans don't either.       

Prague is a nice city to visit but its even better when you know you dont have to sit through three hours of boredom, best to visit when theres no GP, then have a speedway weekend at a GP staged on a decent race track.

Remind me not to go to another GP again as I get the feeling fans are getting short changed now with these exclusion rules I know rules are rules but I want to see 4 riders battle it out in a semi final not 2 riders ref may aswell voided the semi final and just put Zmarzlik and Wuffy in the final 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Going by that statement, then, the results & positions should be amended.

I then looked at the previous two paragraphs, and I'm less sure now.  I'm waiting to see what the FIM put out tonight ;)

Edited by lucifer sam