British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

47 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Hey Sheffield a beautiful city bring the gp here I am on the doorstep lol

The real ale pubs around Kelham Island make it a winner for me.:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Polish riders riding on Polish tracks in front of Polish fans. Heavily weighted in their favour.

Polish tracks ? ... they are Polish only by name and in reality the same for any rider, especially for Tai 

You're entitled to your own opinion, in the same way as I am to mine.

• Like 2

What a truly shocking GP., the racing was almost non existent with most races boring strung out follow the leader crap.

This venue has for years has produced utterly crap racing and it’s clear the people preparing it haven’t got a clue.

The answer to riders trying to anticipate starts, which to be fair affected most of the field tonight is to exclude anyone moving before the tapes are released, I dare say a few early exclusions would solve the problem as riders would (hopefully) learn very quickly.

It would be harsh as Tatum states but I do think it would solve this annoying problem.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

They all ride Poland ,you know fine well.:rolleyes:

Nothing to do with it. Home advantage is strong and with thousands of Polish fans it gives Polish riders an advantage. It’s the same in all sports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nothing to do with it. Home advantage is strong and with thousands of Polish fans it gives Polish riders an advantage. It’s the same in all sports.

That's why Greg always felt at home in Cardiff.

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

....Unless they touch the tapes they should let it go.

I totally agree with you...the starting procedures and the referee interpretations are just a joke...killing my enjoyment of speedway.

• Like 3

All premier football players have played at Anfield. The thousands on the Kop have nothing to do with helping Liverpool win. 

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Your right, thousands of Polish fans givesPolish riders an advantage,if that is the case you could have all GP’s in GB and still have the same scenario with Polish fans.;)

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

What another complete and utter load of rubbish Czech GP (as per virtually EVERY year) and also another example of the utterly disgraceful and farcical scoring system!, How can someone who doesn't win a race ALL NIGHT end up with 18 points?!!!

Making an utter mockery of a once great and professional sport!!

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

YET again Emil chooses the wrong gate. Lost out in so many semis over the years because he got it wrong. Chances of beating Zmarzlik (off one) from two was remote. Better to have a run round the outside especially, as Kelvin said, no track grading.

Seems to happen a lot. Won last GP semi off 2 and chose 1 in the final and then wins semi off 3 and picks 2 this time. Think the only final he has won since returning is the only final he has had no gate choice in.:drink:

Still with Madsen getting away with his flier, it gave Tai a semi final place as Dudek and Michelsen (if you promoted them 1 position) would have had 8 points with a race win and 2 race wins which would have put Tai out (even with a different order as Magic was also in the heat).:cheers: 

9 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

How can someone who doesn't win a race ALL NIGHT end up with 18 points?!!!

Under this system, it's theoretically possible to become world champion without winning a race.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Under this system, it's theoretically possible to become world champion without winning a race.

That’s exactly what I’m getting at....it’s a complete embarrassment of a system and totally tinpot and amateurish, not to mention, unfair!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, r8gdp said:

Overall the worst gp this year  still smarzlik s to lose  he s had the rub tonight not had to break sweat to win 

I would say Tai had more of the rub. 8pts going into the semi. comes out with 18pts. Now that ain't a bad nights work.10 pts for two races! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

What a truly shocking GP., the racing was almost non existent with most races boring strung out follow the leader crap.

This venue has for years has produced utterly crap racing and it’s clear the people preparing it haven’t got a clue.

The answer to riders trying to anticipate starts, which to be fair affected most of the field tonight is to exclude anyone moving before the tapes are released, I dare say a few early exclusions would solve the problem as riders would (hopefully) learn very quickly.

It would be harsh as Tatum states but I do think it would solve this annoying problem.

Are they not excluding anyone moving:blink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tyler42 said:

I would say Tai had more of the rub. 8pts going into the semi. comes out with 18pts. Now that ain't a bad nights work.10 pts for two races! 

And didn't even have to beat anyone in one of those races. :blink:

• Like 2