British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

29 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I can correct you immediately.

I have more chance of being stabbed the next time I go to the shop than being hospitalised with Covid-19.

That is the reality.

that is not the argument...if you live in much of the UK the above is not a possibility, its a certainty..good job you are not cyclopian !!!

Edited by spiegal
wrong word

1 minute ago, spiegal said:

that is not the argument...if you live in much of the UK the above is not a possibility, its a certainty..good job you are not myopic !!

Of course it's the argument. 

Even if I CAUGHT Covid-19, I'd still have more chance of being stabbed than being hospitalised from it.

You're acting as it its some kind of death sentence.

Right now it's the least of your worries with flu/pneumonia involved in 10 x the deaths and hospitalisations.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, spiegal said:

Right now I am thinking of a word that sums this amazing viewpoint up.....ah yes..I can recall one....

I've not given a viewpoint. I've given facts.

What part do you disagree with?

I can see both sides of this.  Just 1 death today due to covid yet increased numbers over the last fortnight found positive.  

2 hours ago, spiegal said:

Lets sincerely hope that you are not unfortunate enough to get infected...if you are...then can we all assume that you will not bother the NHS nor any medical practitioner, nor take up a bed, instead rely totally on your own beliefs and confidence ??..In that case I would stand corrected

Should BWitcher get infected by COVID-19, then no, I would not expect him to need any treatment (certainly nothing out of the ordinary), and certainly not need a hospital bed. Sadly, with your medical history, James, you may be more at risk. Before you say anything, I do not consider that I am "at risk", but my wife (who has several underlying health conditions, including a compromised immune system), would be.

The trouble is that you seem to believe the blanket panic that has continued to spread. As Mark said, increased testing has increased the number of confirmed infections, but for the vast majority - who are relatively healthy, and not over 80 - it is not a serious issue. I have lost a couple of friends to it, and know several others who have been infected, but again, for most victims, it is nothing more than .a minor complaint.

Here in the US, which as you know, has been affected badly, it is still not the civilisation-threatening affliction that many make it out to be. So far, we've had 194,000 deaths from the virus. That sounds a lot, I agree, but (and I know this will sound harsh) a good number of those would have succumbed to other ailments, particularly underlying ones, this year.

The fact is that over 600,000 Americans a year die from heart disease, and a further 600,000 die from cancer. Even though people may die "from" COVID-19, many will actually be dying from their underlying conditions.

Unfortunately, we've been brainwashed into believing that, if you die while suffering from COVID-19, that means you died FROM it, which is totally untrue. For most of us, it is nothing to worry unduly about - and certainly not worth bringing the world to a standstill for...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Mark said:

I can see both sides of this.  Just 1 death today due to covid yet increased numbers over the last fortnight found positive.  

By a test that doesn't test for Covid.. (it tests for coronavirus).

There's been increasing numbers for nearly two months.

The numbers only increase because tests increase.

There is no 'other side'.

Whilst 100 people are dying with Covid on their death certs, 1000 are dying with flu/pneumonia on their death certs. Folks just aren't told that.

7 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Whilst 100 people are dying with Covid on their death certs, 1000 are dying with flu/pneumonia on their death certs. Folks just aren't told that.

Not only are they not told that, we've had people on here stating that flu and pneumonia aren't listed on certificates as a "cause of death"...

Bydgoszcz  will be announced today I reckon (last logistical day to do it). 

Not the amount of virus in Czech Republic the issue but the concern that if 1 person gets tested positive over the weekend the Series Finale and PL in Poland are at risk.

Polish Federation dictates again.

Watch this space

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Woffy will win a round at Prague and go on to take the title with the rest of the series being held on "neutral" tracks. Although I understand he took a knock last night, I haven't watched it yet.

My country, The Netherlands, also joins the list of countries advising against unnecessary trips to prague :(

• Sad 1

Prague will go ahead according to the club on facebook. They say the Gorzow paddock rumours is all 'fake news'.

• Like 2