British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Prague GP`s rounds 5 and 6 Friday and Saturday September 18th and 19th

Never going to get many in this weekend. I have been there with 25,000 plus in 2000.

Woffinden needs a big night if he is to truly challenge for the World Championship, that's not an ideal start.

Just now, Grand Central said:

According to the FIM official attendance at 2000 Prague SGP was 12,000... 

How many beers Mr Shovlar must've had then.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Never going to get many in this weekend. I have been there with 25,000 plus in 2000.

Been there many times, have never seen a crowd like you are quoting

Just now, Grand Central said:

According to the FIM official attendance at 2000 Prague SGP was 12,000... 

Was full. Don’t believe the “official figure”. Poles packed the place out. I had a comfy seat by the starting gate but back straight was rammed packed. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Been there many times, have never seen a crowd like you . Was standing only back straight which now has seats. Was there when Gollob won his WC and mobbed again.

Been there twice. Also the year Gollob won his WC and it was mobbed. Can’t get many in there now with seating down back straight. A crap track though. Rarely much passing.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Just now, r8gdp said:

Think that could be woffy done now . The pressure is on him now

Not a great start, but a three-time World Champ shouldn't feel too much pressure needing 9 points (maybe 8) from four rides... With the new system, this shouldn't hurt him...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eric i said:

Any decent streams?

Spend 30 quid for the year and join Sportsmania. 1080p stream. Hundreds of sports channels plus catch-up.  Plus 3pm premier kickoffs plus all ifollow streams. Plus you can pay with PayPal now rather than Bitcoin.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, chunky said:

Not a great start, but a three-time World Champ shouldn't feel too much pressure needing 9 points (maybe 8) from four rides... With the new system, this shouldn't hurt him...

That’s the advantage of having this (flawed) system. He can get away with it. Normally that would hurt much more.