British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

The next Polish sensation- Damian Ratajczak

Damian is a Leszno junior, aged 15- he turns 16 next May( 23rd). This is a video of Tuesday`s Zielona Gora staged junior match in which he rides.

He needs to work on his gating but seems to have a great racing brain for someone so young.

Anyone else impressed ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Damian is a Leszno junior, aged 15- he turns 16 next May( 23rd). This is a video of Tuesday`s Zielona Gora staged junior match in which he rides.

He needs to work on his gating but seems to have a great racing brain for someone so young.

Anyone else impressed ?

Impressed. Absolutely.

He looks good.....great style too. Presumably his next step will be to ride for Rawicz with the occasional Leszno appearance? 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

He looks good.....great style too. Presumably his next step will be to ride for Rawicz with the occasional Leszno appearance? 

He`s that good he will be straight into Leszno`s team when he turns 16 next May.

Certainly looks good on a 500  for a fifteen year old, it'll be good to follow his progress over the next couple of years.

Can someone explain to me how the 'youth ekstraliga' league works... Or whatever it's called... There seems to be no coverage for it at all... It seems to work similar to the Speedway of Nations in terms of how the meeting runs on the day... But that's 8 teams in the league racing only 7 at a time? Do they all miss one round each? How do they decide which team misses what round? Etc... Any information would be nice to know. Thanks

Also do they have a similar set up with 1.Liga and 2.Liga?

If there's any websites with useful information on the league, please let me know, thanks :) Really interested...

Also, do the results go towards some kind of league table?

Edited by Dandelion

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Can someone explain to me how the 'youth ekstraliga' league works... Or whatever it's called... There seems to be no coverage for it at all... It seems to work similar to the Speedway of Nations in terms of how the meeting runs on the day... But that's 8 teams in the league racing only 7 at a time? Do they all miss one round each? How do they decide which team misses what round? Etc... Any information would be nice to know. Thanks

Also do they have a similar set up with 1.Liga and 2.Liga?

If there's any websites with useful information on the league, please let me know, thanks :) Really interested...

Also, do the results go towards some kind of league table?

Check out my Junior league thread on the same section and it is all explained there- Its run on a pairs format hence 7 teams only in a meeting, unlike the other junior comp DMPJ which is 4 team format( thread on that as well) the only thing somewhat strange about the junior league is that the final at Zielona Gora is an individual meeting using the best riders from the 8 teams( thread on that as well).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Check out my Junior league thread on the same section and it is all explained there- Its run on a pairs format hence 7 teams only in a meeting, unlike the other junior comp DMPJ which is 4 team format( thread on that as well) the only thing somewhat strange about the junior league is that the final at Zielona Gora is an individual meeting using the best riders from the 8 teams( thread on that as well).

Cheers I shall have a look :)