British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

FIM signs extensive deal with Eurosport Events

17 hours ago, iris123 said:

Otherwise I wonder how they will invest in worldwide grass roots speedway.........

Getting Philippe to do the GP programmes... :D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Getting Philippe to do the GP programmes... :D

THAT would be helpful... following the past few months and a winter to follow these are very tough times for SS and "every little helps."

Think it’s good news for the sport and opens up potential new viewers.

Eurosport are certainly putting money into the sport, the Premiership starts it’s 5 year deal in 2021. No knowing how much each club gets from the deal, I’m sure it’s more than BT but less than Sky offered. 

On 10/2/2020 at 11:17 AM, racers and royals said:

TV revenues will be the key. We are assuming that Eurosport being pan European will show the GP’s throughout Europe. This will not bring in revenue the same as renewing contracts with Canal plus Poland and Danish, Swedish and GB contracts. It will be interesting what they decide to do.

Revenue will come from subscriptions (Eurosport player) and from selling distribution rights for Eurosport / Discovery television channels to cable/satellite/broadband operators.

I hope this is done properly, Eurosports live broadcasts can be a bit patchy, what happens if tennis or some other sport over runs, do we arrive at the speedway with half a dozen heats gone.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, noggin said:

I hope this is done properly, Eurosports live broadcasts can be a bit patchy, what happens if tennis or some other sport over runs, do we arrive at the speedway with half a dozen heats gone.

What happens is just as you have posted. Speedway fans miss half a dozen heats. It is quite likely that they bought speedway in a bundle and not specifically to make anything of it or build it up.

56 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

What happens is just as you have posted. Speedway fans miss half a dozen heats. It is quite likely that they bought speedway in a bundle and not specifically to make anything of it or build it up.

CERTAINLY not bought as part of a bundle.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 5:10 PM, Pirates Of Poole said:

Think it’s good news for the sport and opens up potential new viewers.

Eurosport are certainly putting money into the sport, the Premiership starts it’s 5 year deal in 2021. No knowing how much each club gets from the deal, I’m sure it’s more than BT but less than Sky offered. 

I haven't watched Eurosport for a good few years, but I hope their presentation has improved. I'm not so sure this is good news if it hasn't. We could well have many a minute staring at a picture of a tractor going round with just background noise.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 2:16 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

ONE hundred million dollars for a ten year deal

Pity that wasn’t the money offered for the 5 year British Speedway TV deal as that would bring the top riders back!

13 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Pity that wasn’t the money offered for the 5 year British Speedway TV deal as that would bring the top riders back!

Not much left after Mr 20% has had his share of the pie :lol:

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 9:18 AM, iainb said:

Not much left after Mr 20% has had his share of the pie :lol:

Did he really collect $20 million? Perhaps he settled for $5 million! Not bad for that long ago investment of time and nudge nudge , who you knowness.

2 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Did he really collect $20 million? Perhaps he settled for $5 million! Not bad for that long ago investment of time and nudge nudge , who you knowness.

THIS continually sniping at Terry Russell is unworthy as without him there would have been no Sky deal in the first place. Anyone who does all the negotiating and brings in money is entitled to a cut. Many years ago a certain Michael Allison brought in considerable sponsorship for individual speedway events including the Wills Internationale. Do you think he did that for nothing.

For the record Terry was not involved with the Eurosport deal for British speedway which should have started this year.

• Like 2

That is good to know that. If by that you mean TR did not get any fee in relation to this Eurosport deal, which is not what you said. You said he was not involved, which is not the same as still being entitled to his "cut" - sounds more and more like a gang or a cartel!

10 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

That is good to know that. If by that you mean TR did not get any fee in relation to this Eurosport deal, which is not what you said. You said he was not involved, which is not the same as still being entitled to his "cut" - sounds more and more like a gang or a cartel!

HE did not and will not personally get a cut from Eurosport deal although, of course, Swindon like any other Elite League club will.

• Like 1