British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Welwyn

2021 SGP Field

Thought I would make a new thread as this discussion is crossing over two other threads.

So obviously the top 6 isn't finalised. But I can't see anyone from Fricke upwards missing out. (Fricke may well have missed out before last night but basically sealed his WC by actually winning a GP) 

So that leaves:

Zmarzlik

Woffinden

lindgren

Janowski

Madsen

Doyle 

Vaculik

Sayfutdinov

A Laguta

Fricke

Lambert 

Zagar

Berntzon

Kasprzak

So we basically have one spot, although having written it down, do both Artem and Emil get picks if they both finish outside the top 6? (Poland 3, GB 2/Sweden/Aus/Rus 2, Slovenia/Slovakia/Den 1) 

Have to say, it does basically means who is the best Dane? Would have to say  Thomson as Danish Champion would be favourite. I reckon if he had made a semi in his two WC appearance he would be a shoe-in. Do we have a Danish rider breakdown of the Extraliga averages anywhere?

16 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Thanks,

So we are basically looking at:

Nicki Pedersen  
Mikkel Michelsen    
Anders Thomsen

I would say seeing how Michelsen only got 30 points so far, then he probably doesn't get in. NP is the guy who has the best case to trump Thompson, especially as he pulled out of the Danish Championships after 2 rides plus he looked competitive in the SEC and finished sixth and only 1 point behind MM despite missing a meeting.

Those averages also show how gutted Jack Holder would have been that Fricke won last night.  

Edited by Welwyn

21 minutes ago, Welwyn said:

Thought I would make a new thread as this discussion is crossing over two other threads.

So obviously the top 6 isn't finalised. But I can't see anyone from Fricke upwards missing out. (Fricke may well have missed out before last night but basically sealed his WC by actually winning a GP) 

So that leaves:

Zmarzlik

Woffinden

lindgren

Janowski

Madsen

Doyle 

Vaculik

Sayfutdinov

A Laguta

Fricke

Lambert 

Zagar

Berntzon

Kasprzak

So we basically have one spot, although having written it down, do both Artem and Emil get picks if they both finish outside the top 6? (Poland 3, GB 2/Sweden/Aus/Rus 2, Slovenia/Slovakia/Den 1) 

Have to say, it does basically means who is the best Dane? Would have to say  Thomson as Danish Champion would be favourite. I reckon if he had made a semi in his two WC appearance he would be a shoe-in. Do we have a Danish rider breakdown of the Extraliga averages anywhere?

Personally I'd like to see G Laguta instead of A, I'd even have Gleb ahead of A Laguta, maybe Lidsey instead of Fricke, Fricke as a choice would be a knee jerk choice based on last nights win, he's not shown much else during the series and didn't qualify from the Challenge and even Lindback & Kolodziej have wond GP's. Final spot... Nicki P for me, there's still life in the old dog yet

• Like 1

Fricke deserves it, he has looked solid all series in my opinion. Its only his first year and can only see him getting better. 

45 minutes ago, iainb said:

Personally I'd like to see G Laguta instead of A, I'd even have Gleb ahead of A Laguta, maybe Lidsey instead of Fricke, Fricke as a choice would be a knee jerk choice based on last nights win, he's not shown much else during the series and didn't qualify from the Challenge and even Lindback & Kolodziej have wond GP's. Final spot... Nicki P for me, there's still life in the old dog yet

Has to be Fricke ... Lidsey's day will come

1 hour ago, Welwyn said:

So that leaves:

Zmarzlik

Woffinden

lindgren

Janowski

Madsen

Doyle 

Vaculik

Sayfutdinov

A Laguta

Fricke

Lambert 

Zagar

Berntzon

Kasprzak

TWO Russians ... there will be a SGP in Togliatti ... Covid permitting. Artum has done okay. Still not sure his brother is bothered.

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I think Fricke will get another year, the pressure is certainly on him now though

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

TWO Russians ... there will be a SGP in Togliatti ... Covid permitting. Artum has done okay. Still not sure his brother is bothered.

Artem is bloody fast when in front, looks like a novice when he's behind though, If Greg ain't bothered it's Gleb for me... and it looks like there's a whole host of others coming in the pipeline, not many people have mentioned (was it?) Loktaev who all but qualified in the GP Challenge until he blew it. Russia look like they could be a dominant force in World Speedway if they could stop all the major events being held on Polish tracks

Loktaev’s not even Russian? And neither is Gleb anymore if we’re being picky... Don’t know what Polish tracks has to do with it? They’re all brought up on these Polish tracks.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Fricke has been OK in GP’s iMO. bit unlucky not to reach Semi’s before last night.

• Like 1

If Fricke reproduces last night’s form tonight it would be hard to ignore him for next year.

• Like 2

Where do you start and finish 

with only 5 picks. One could make a case for 10.

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Why, before last night one semi final appearance. What if Anton wins tonight. Does that put him in the frame?

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Loktaev’s not even Russian? And neither is Gleb anymore if we’re being picky... Don’t know what Polish tracks has to do with it? They’re all brought up on these Polish tracks.

Was it Loktaev that blew it in the GP Challenge? For me it doesn't really matter what nationality he is, I think of rather see the 4th place from the challenge or Gleb than the likes of Dudek again

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Fricke has been OK in GP’s iMO. bit unlucky not to reach Semi’s before last night.

I thought he'd made a semi (s) before? Could be wrong