British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not a lot of difference from GB then,if that’s your opinion of what you are watching.

That was my opinion that is why I gave it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

It is being reported that there will be no play-offs in Poland again in 2021- which means the bottom club in the Extraleague get relegated and are replaced by the E Winner div 1 top team. the bottom team relegated and replaced by the top team in Div 2

That’s a real shame - play offs always mean there is bound to be excitement right until the end of the season at both ends of the table. 

13 hours ago, Najjer said:

That’s a real shame - play offs always mean there is bound to be excitement right until the end of the season at both ends of the table. 

Hopefully there won`t be a Torun or Krosno running away with it in 2021. Grudziadz have been in the Extraleague for a few years and will not want to finish bottom, but have to be favourites.

I didn`t mention it but the Extraleague play-offs for the top 4 remain in 2021.

Edited by racers and royals

Damian Lotarski has left Grudziadz. They’ve now only got 2 juniors left in their ranks, weakening their already weak juniors even further!

Looks as if there might be a delay this year on the issuing of the Extraleague fixtures - maybe into January before we get them. This is due mainly due to the FIM and FIM Europe wanting more time to finalise their calendars.

Google translation of a Sportowefakty article

Andrzej Witkowski wants to enlarge PGE Ekstraliga to 10 teams. Concrete talks in January
The honorary president of PZM Andrzej Witkowski talks about the expansion of PGE Ekstraliga from the 2022 season. He has already planned talks with Michał Sikora and Wojciech Stępniewski. They will happen in early January.

- This is a unique moment to expand PGE Ekstraliga to 10 teams. It is worth considering, says Andrzej Witkowski. The honorary president of PZM believes that the discussion on this topic should begin at the beginning of the year, to announce any changes before the start of the 2021 season.
- So far I have been loosely exchanging comments with the presidents Michał Sikora and Wojciech Stępniewski. We agreed to have a longer discussion in early January. If this change comes into force, it must be announced before the 2021 season, because it would mean that no one is dropped from PGE Ekstraliga. There would be less tension, some would spend less and two teams would be promoted to the elite. That's an idea for now. Details need to be worked out. I believe that we have the perfect moment for a discussion and it is definitely worth including the chairman of GKSŻ, Piotr Szymański. In this group, we should consider all the arguments for and against - emphasizes Witkowski.

The honorary president of PZM believes that expanding PGE Ekstraliga from the 2022 season would make sense for several reasons. - I am deeply convinced that in 2022 we will go a normal season without the coronavirus. Therefore, I believe that the fans deserve more speedway, which means more matches in PGE Ekstriga. The only way, then, is to enlarge the league. In addition, in 2022 there will be important changes in the slag. Eurosport Events, the new promoter of the Grand Prix and the Team World Cup, appears. In addition, there will be a new TV contract at PGE Ekstraliga. I hope this translates into more money for the clubs. Then there is a chance to share them and strengthen the centers that will join the elite - argues Witkowski.

At the same time, the activist adds that everything must be done to maintain the division into three leagues in Poland. - Poland's mission is to stop the division into three leagues. It would be possible, because teams from Ukraine, Slovakia and Hungary could compete in the second league from 2022. We already have Germans and Latvians. In my opinion, there is a real chance of these eight or ten teams. I believe that we should remain good for Europe and remember that the slag is in crisis. You have to look for new opportunities to revive the discipline - summarizes Witkowsk

• Like 1

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but an off topic question about Gleb Chuganov... In any international meetings he takes place in, is he still Russian or is he classed as Polish now? Which international squad will he be in???

25 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but an off topic question about Gleb Chuganov... In any international meetings he takes place in, is he still Russian or is he classed as Polish now? Which international squad will he be in???

He is a Polish citizen- but up to now the Poles have not picked him.

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He is a Polish citizen- but up to now the Poles have not picked him.

So can the Russians pick him for the speedway of nations? Or will they have to go with someone else?

4 hours ago, Dandelion said:

So can the Russians pick him for the speedway of nations? Or will they have to go with someone else?

I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected as I might be out of date on how things work, but I think that Gleb COULD race for Russia if he wanted to as he still holds a Russian passport and that is what counts for FIM team events.
However, he also holds a Polish passport so can race for them as well...and he has been included in the Polish national squad for 2021, so seems to have decided that he's going with Poland.
Assuming I am right with who he is elligible to represent, I have no idea what would happen if both Russia and Poland selected him for their team in the SoN....but it's probably a moot point as it seems unlikely either nation would select him now that he is over 21. Both nations have far better options for senior riders in the SoN.

• Thanks 1

Does Poland really need (want) Chugunov in their national team? Chugunov  should remain loyal to the Russian national team, just like Emil and Artem do, who also have Polish and Russian passports, but stay on the Russian side. But it is up to him to decide where belongs to.   

• Like 1

Mateusz Bartkowiak has joined Grudziadz on a season long loan from Gorzow. Decent signing for them!

On 1/30/2021 at 6:12 AM, HenryW said:

I could be wrong and am happy to be corrected as I might be out of date on how things work, but I think that Gleb COULD race for Russia if he wanted to as he still holds a Russian passport and that is what counts for FIM team events.
However, he also holds a Polish passport so can race for them as well...and he has been included in the Polish national squad for 2021, so seems to have decided that he's going with Poland.
Assuming I am right with who he is elligible to represent, I have no idea what would happen if both Russia and Poland selected him for their team in the SoN....but it's probably a moot point as it seems unlikely either nation would select him now that he is over 21. Both nations have far better options for senior riders in the SoN.

Dont mean anything yet, Timo Lahti for many years was with Svemo list of riders, though his FIM license was SML. Think it was the same with Kylmä.