British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

Extraleague have announced the timings and TV for the opening 2 rounds

Round 1

Saturday 3rd April Lublin v Czestochowa start time 5pm UK time Eleven Sport 2

Saturday 3rd April Grudziadz v Wroclaw start time 7.30pm UK time Eleven Sport 2

Sunday 4th April  Torun v Zielona Gora start time 3.30pm UK time N Sport

Sunday 4th April  Leszno v Gorzow start time 6.15pm UK time N sport

Round 2

Friday 9th April Zielona Gora v Grudziadz start time 5pm UK time Eleven Sport 1

Friday  9th April Wroclaw v Torun start time 7.30pm UK time Eleven Sport 1

Sunday 11th April  Gorzow v Lublin start time 3.30pm UK time N Sport

Sunday 11th April Czestochowa v leszno start time 6.15pm UK time N Sport

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

are premier sports showing extraliga fixtures this season?  Had a cursory google but only found stuff relating to last season

24 minutes ago, Kedavra said:

are premier sports showing extraliga fixtures this season?  Had a cursory google but only found stuff relating to last season

I suggest you contact them to find out- nothing on their programme schedule for April 3rd/4th that i could see.

Edit Torun v Zielona Gora seems to be on it.( Premier Sport 1 Sunday 4th April.

I have emailed premier sports to ask if they are showing polish league again. No reply as yet but fingers crossed 

I have just spoke to them and they have confirmed they are showing the matches live, starting Sunday 4th April   Not sure why they aren’t showing the matches scheduled for Saturday 3/4/21 or, if those two matches have been cancelled 

ive just spoken to them again and they are showing 72 live matches from 4/4/21 and, also showing the Swedish meetings from may onwards. if you had a subscription last year but cancelled it at the end of the season. When you subscribe, go onto the promo code section and enter :

SPEEDWAY2021     ( type speedway in capital letters). 

this will get you a 12 month subscription for £80 instead of £120  only negative being that it’s a one-off, upfront payment  for the entire £80 

hope this helps everyone 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

I have just spoke to them and they have confirmed they are showing the matches live, starting Sunday 4th April   Not sure why they aren’t showing the matches scheduled for Saturday 3/4/21 or, if those two matches have been cancelled 

They certainly haven`t been cancelled- Anyone subscribing to Premier should understand that they will not show all the matches live( if past seasons are anything to go on !!) Some matches they might not show at all.

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I suggest you contact them to find out- nothing on their programme schedule for April 3rd/4th that i could see.

Edit Torun v Zielona Gora seems to be on it.( Premier Sport 1 Sunday 4th April.

Leszno v Gorzow is on Premier Sports 2 on the 4th

56 minutes ago, the hobbit said:

ive just spoken to them again and they are showing 72 live matches from 4/4/21 and, also showing the Swedish meetings from may onwards. if you had a subscription last year but cancelled it at the end of the season. When you subscribe, go onto the promo code section and enter :

this will get you a 12 month subscription for £80 instead of £120  only negative being that it’s a one-off, upfront payment  for the entire £80 

hope this helps everyone 

Thanks for that, although I expect they will be offering some better offers hopefully in the next few weeks. It’s currently £11.99 per month where you can cancel anytime, the speedway season will only run for 6 months (maybe 7) so makes it cheaper to just pay month by month if you want it solely for speedway. 

Let’s see what happens in the coming couple of weeks

Frederik Jakobsen has turned down Toruń and signed up for Grudziadz as a covid guest rider.

Toruń are expecting to have all of their squad available for their first fixture assuming there is no more cases of covid before then.

On 3/23/2021 at 3:40 PM, the hobbit said:

hope this helps everyone 

To be fair to Premier they seem to be making an effort this season by promising to show more matches from Poland and Sweden, although i`m slightly bemused why they can`t show the 1st two matches on Saturday 3rd April.

LIVE POLISH AND SWEDISH SPEEDWAY RETURNING TO PREMIER SPORTS

-       71 live matches in 2021

-       Back to back Polish Ekstraliga on Sundays

-       Polish Ekstraliga season begins Sunday 4th April

-       Swedish Elitserien to be shown on Tuesdays and Thursdays when season begins Tuesday May 4th

-       Coverage throughout Spring and Summer with Finals last week of September

Speedway roars back into life this April on Premier Sports who today announced a deal to bring 71 live Speedway matches from the PGE Polish Ekstraliga and Swedish Elitserien to UK viewers throughout 2021.

Unia Leszno are looking for an incredible fifth consecutive title and the champions have signed 2017 World Champion Jason Doyle to lead their attack alongside fellow Australian and World Under-21 champion Jaimon Lidsey, Russian superstar Emil Sajfutdinov and home heroes Janusz Kolodziej and Piotr Pawlicki.

The PGE Polish Ekstraliga season begins on April 3rd and Premier Sports will broadcast back to back fixtures on Sunday’s beginning with KS Torún v Zielona Gora and Unia Leszno v Stal Gorzów Wielkopolski. British interest is strong at Sparta Wroclaw who are led by three-time World Champion Tai Woffinden while the highly rated Dan Bewley will hope for an improvement on his debut season in Poland in 2020.  New signing Artem Laguta and Gleb Chugunov will also be worth looking out for, as will Grand Prix winner Maciej “Magic” Janowski.

In addition to this, Premier Sports will also begin live coverage of the Bauhaus Ligan with fixtures on Tuesdays and Thursdays once the season begins on May 4th. Last year Masarna took their first League title in 20 years with a defeat of Indianerna in damp conditions in the playoff final, but they will have to defend their title without former Grand Prix winner Antonio Lindback who announced his retirement from the sport during the winter. Lejonen have retained British hero and European Champion Robert Lambert to lead their attack alongside Jarek Hampel and Kacper Woryna.  The Gislaved side also have several home grown stars including Oliver Berntzon, Linus Eklof and Mathias Thornblom, plus Casper Henriksson whose father Anders starred for Newport Wasps in the late 1990s.

Over the last number of years, the PGE Polish Ekstraliga and Swedish Elitserien have become the two best leagues in the world, with all the biggest names from the Speedway Grand Prix and international racing flocking to Poland and Sweden to race. 

Operations manager of Premier Sports, Richard Webb said, “This is excellent news for a hugely passionate Speedway fanbase in the UK making Premier Sports the go-to place from the best Speedway leagues in the world. We will broadcast a total of 71 live Speedway matches this season which is more matches than we have ever broadcast before!”

Premier Sports is available on Sky (412/429), Virgin TV (551, 552) and online via the Premier Player. FreeSports is available free on Sky HD Channel 422, Virgin TV HD Channel 553, on Channel 64 on Freeview and BT/TalkTalk and online via the FreeSports Player. 

No mention of Fridays matches, maybe they are just showing Sunday matches instead?

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Yes - half the matches doesn`t match their hype !!

I’ve just emailed them to confirm that they are halving their coverage this season compared to last season. Be interesting to see what they respond with.

I seem to remember that 71 matches is the number of matches the Polish Ekstraliga League sold the rights to at a massive amount more than they received before, so Premier are  probably showing all that is available to them. If you are a speedway junkie like me and watch all that is available it still seems price worth paying. I think to get every meeting filmed last year (except a couple of postponments) we would be looking at alot higher fees.