British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

2 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

6:15pm on Sunday.

That genuinely was one of the best speedway meetings I have ever had the pleasure of calling.  Full credit to the referee for whizzing it through to beat the rain, the riders for an incredible show, the fans for creating an amazing atmosphere, and thanks everyone for watching.  A draw was certainly a fitting result - tonight, the sport of Speedway was the winner.

And the commentary wasn’t bad either Dave - well done you and a good post :t:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought Bewley was excellent tonight. Woffy past his sell by date. Bewley and Lambert for the SON at BV.

Agree regarding Woffy,doesn’t mix it.Signed a new 3year contract with them though.They might regret that.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Agree regarding Woffy,doesn’t mix it.Signed a new 3year contract with them though.They might regret that.

Living on his past to get him the gig. No longer a world force. Still will. E able to maintain a decent average but not challenge the guys at the top.

As everyone else above has said, a brilliant meeting from start to finish. 

Bit bemused at the snidey comments towards Woffy though. I'm no real fan of his but he is still truly world class often enough to fully deserve his new 3 year deal with Sparta, and I doubt there is a better all round team performer than him anywhere. His team riding and track awareness remains head and shoulders above any other current on track racer. 

• Like 3

Agree woffy looking around all the time riding for the team it’s a two legged final the aim was to keep it close which they have done .it s set up nicely for Sunday 

32 minutes ago, stewmac said:

As everyone else above has said, a brilliant meeting from start to finish. 

Bit bemused at the snidey comments towards Woffy though. I'm no real fan of his but he is still truly world class often enough to fully deserve his new 3 year deal with Sparta, and I doubt there is a better all round team performer than him anywhere. His team riding and track awareness remains head and shoulders above any other current on track racer. 

My remarks were not meant to be snidey,they my observation of how he was riding,I understand his effort regarding being a team man ect,but he certainly wasn’t getting involved when the going was getting tough,he knew his team were in a good position regarding the match.They certainly can’t rely on him being the main man any longer.Obviously he will still do a job.

Good meeting, well done Dan Bewley.

I honestly don't understand the Woffy bashing. He's still way clear of Bewley & Lambert. Madness to suggest otherwise. 

Absolutely loved Bewley's 'Wall of Death'. Brilliant 

• Like 6

Great meeting, not one of my favourite tracks but there were some fabulous races tonight. Wroclaw are home and hosed in reality but Lublin didn't give up and deserved their draw. 

Proper speedway, Nige!

How the sport should be done.

Bewley riding the air fence:shock:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I honestly don't understand the Woffy bashing. He's still way clear of Bewley & Lambert. Madness to suggest otherwise. 

Absolutely loved Bewley's 'Wall of Death'. Brilliant 

Me neither. I’ve never been a huge Woffinden fan and whilst I don’t think he will ever become world champion again, he still deserves and more than able to compete among the world’s best. Whilst he might not be an all action Zmarzlik type style of rider, he’s still very good on his day. 

—————

An absolute top meeting. I would of loved Lublin just to edge it even by a few points to have some sort of lead to try and defend at Wroclaw. It’s a shame they have been depleted without Laguta and Lampart probably not 100% fit. Looking forward to Sunday regardless!

13 hours ago, Dave Goddard said:

6:15pm on Sunday.

That genuinely was one of the best speedway meetings I have ever had the pleasure of calling.  Full credit to the referee for whizzing it through to beat the rain, the riders for an incredible show, the fans for creating an amazing atmosphere, and thanks everyone for watching.  A draw was certainly a fitting result - tonight, the sport of Speedway was the winner.

Out last night, so watched it for brekky. Brilliant meeting.

Kinda got the impression you enjoyed it