British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Good meeting so far...

Upset on the cards?

If Lindgren joins in there might be...

And right on cue....

Great race with Emil and Swidnicki for thiird...

Looks a fair prospect...

Great race....

Lidsey getting attacked from all angles,..

He rode a great race.....

Decent meeting that a subdued Emil came good in ht14 tho

Some truly top class racing tonight..

Great to watch meaningful team speedway with something truly tangible on the result...

Is it the money on offer? Is it the amount of and the passion level of the fans? Or is the fact that winning a title in Polish Speedway has some real resonance, kudos and publicity..?

Probably all of the above I suppose..

If only eh?

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Some truly top class racing tonight..

Great to watch meaningful team speedway with something truly tangible on the result...

Is it the money on offer? Is it the amount of and the passion level of the fans? Or is the fact that winning a title in Polish Speedway has some real resonance, kudos and publicity..?

Probably all of the above I suppose..

If only eh?

Indeed " If only eh? " Quite refreshing watching a good, close, well contested meeting where every point seems important. I'm glad the majority of the Polish meertings seem to have that same ethos. 15 heats of entertaining racing finished in 1 hour 50 minutes, followed by the whole team thanking/enacting with the supporters.  Watching tonight, really brings home how poor the speedway spectacle in this country has sunk to.

Still we can look forward to Peterborough on Monday evning!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zlata prilba said:

Decent meeting that a subdued Emil came good in ht14 tho

Emil's form this year is slightly concerning as a long time fan of his.

He was the top man in Ekstraliga last year and is currently languishing outside the top 10 in averages.

I hope he can get himself sorted out and get back to the form that we are used to seeing in the League...unless the lower form in the league leads to better form in the SGP and finally winning a World Title. Then I would be happy :D

On 6/9/2021 at 1:19 PM, racers and royals said:

Yesterday the  PZM put this into the public domain- Google translated

4. Please be advised that in accordance with the Licensing Regulations of the Polish Motor Association - Appendix No. 3
part I, paragraph 5, a club participating in the Polish Extraleague Team Championship must
have a certified track covering from the beginning of the 2022 season.
At the moment, two models of track covering have valid certification of the Polish Motor Association
speedway:
Speed Sport Track Cover (Ole Olsen)

Denmark

MATA ZABEZPIECZAJĄCA SPPEDWAY RC

Poland 

At the same time, we would like to remind you that linear drainage is an element of the track covering system
along with a curb, which must meet the requirements contained in the Resolution of the Presidium of ZG PZM No. 497/2017 of
On October 18, 2017, published in the Track Regulations as Appendix I.
Types of curbs accepted:

Please note that regulations apply to the installation of linear drainage and curbs
Of the Track Regulations for Speedway Motorcycle Competition (hereinafter: RT), and in particular art. 405 paragraph. 8 RT which
states that the level of turf inside the track may not be higher than the level of the curb of the track and Art. 402 paragraph.
2 and 4, obliging the club to agree with PZM and the managing entity of the project and deadlines
any modernization of the facility, including the speedway track.

Isn't there a "Briggo" track cover? He's missed a trick there

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Sad but true . I have always wondered how Miedzinski keeps getting a spot . Would rather holta tbh .

Can't help thinking Musielak would be a better option for Torun, he is topping the second tier averages. 

13 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Leszno are a poor side this year. 

Bizarre statement, they may not be as strong as the past few years which they have dominated but nobody will want to face them in the playoffs.

15 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Swidnicki won`t see what way he goes !!- or so my bet says :) Not as good as Lublin`s as a pair 

Swidnicki was quicker in heat 2, Ratajczak had to be pretty defensive to hold him off.

Madsen made up serious ground to pass Sayfutdinov in heat 1.

Great heat 7. Lindgren superb first lap, great race Swidnicki/Sayfutdinov.

Doyle surely jumped the start in the Aussie 5-1?

Madsen superb in heat 11.

Swidnicki smoked Ratajczak in heat 12 R+R :D

Heat 13. Great race.