British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

On 4/9/2021 at 9:32 PM, racers and royals said:

We move on to Sunday`s 2 matches( E Winner league match on 1st)

Gorzow v Lublin start time 3.30pm UK time N Sport

Czestochowa v Leszno start time 6.15pm UK time N Sport

Links

http://spedway.ucoz.lv/

http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-4.html

http://www.maniak.tv/mk7

Raceecards

Gorzow v Lublin  pages 14 and 15  https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:68f79bb5-584c-410f-b23a-3ef07eb916e1#pageNum=15

Czestochowa v Leszno pages 30 and 31  https://wlokniarz.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Włókniarz-Częstochowa-–-Unia-Leszno-Sieć.pdf?fbclid=IwAR2tpYSUyLu0caGqf-k_pyUL8G2tHBxLLRfDoZDmaKURXEYd4r8YDFk7zL8

Brought to the top

Edited by racers and royals

5 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

When is Kubera available for Lublin? Will they be running with Karion today? Or have they got a better youngster going in at 8 that I can’t think of at the moment 

From round 4.- no other to bring in.

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

From round 4.- no other to bring in.

thank you, it’s due to not paying a fee to purchase him isn't it? how come do you know? Leszno asking for loads?  

6 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

thank you, it’s due to not paying a fee to purchase him isn't it? how come do you know? Leszno asking for loads?  

It`s a rule in Poland that if Junior riders(trained by the club) leave before they become "seniors" a compensation fee is paid by the new club- could either be a fixed fee or one set by tribunal.

Just YoutubedFridays action.

Torun did much better in Worclaw than I suspoected.

Disappointing first & last rides for Woffinden, you'd have thought he'd be able to get the better of both Holders on his home track.  Dropped less points to Torun than his fellow Wroclaw GP riders I guess.

Until heat 14 - Good night for Bewley, looked quick, got a good heat wins in 10 and held off Lambert in heat 12.  Lambert will surely be disappointed to be out performed by Przedpełski & the Holders.

Great heat 14 win for Lambert over Laguta who seemed to lack pace, Bewlwy disappointingly last.

Meeting almost completely devoid of passing, Miedziński & Chugunov both poor ^ I can't get used to hearing Lewandowski during a speedway meeting.

I do wish the before heat graphics would indicate which Holder brother it is, can't tell until heat 1 is complete and the in-race graphics pop up.

More passing first 2 heats in Zielona Gora than all night in Torun.

Who is Pawliczak?  Never heard of him (nor surprising as I don't follow Polish speedway that much), but good heat win over Pr Pawlicki, Protasiewicz & Bjerre.  And again in heat 11 over current/former GP regulars.

Much better meeting with decent racing almost every heat.  The Pedersen v Fricke/Zagar v Kasprzak being the pick of them.  Pedersen (in particular) & Pawlicki kept the meeting closer than I thought Grudziadz would but comfortable home win.

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Disappointing first & last rides for Woffinden, you'd have thought he'd be able to get the better of both Holders on his home track.  Dropped less points to Torun than his fellow Wroclaw GP riders I guess.

Until heat 14 - Good night for Bewley, looked quick, got a good heat wins in 10 and held off Lambert in heat 12.  Lambert will surely be disappointed to be out performed by Przedpełski & the Holders.

Great heat 14 win for Lambert over Laguta who seemed to lack pace, Bewlwy disappointingly last.

Meeting almost completely devoid of passing, Miedziński & Chugunov both poor ^ I can't get used to hearing Lewandowski during a speedway meeting.

I do wish the before heat graphics would indicate which Holder brother it is, can't tell until heat 1 is complete and the in-race graphics pop up.

Who is Pawliczak?  Never heard of him (nor surprising as I don't follow Polish speedway that much), but good heat win over Pr Pawlicki, Protasiewicz & Bjerre.  And again in heat 11 over current/former GP regulars.

Much better meeting with decent racing almost every heat.  The Pedersen v Fricke/Zagar v Kasprzak being the pick of them.  Pedersen (in particular) & Pawlicki kept the meeting closer than I thought Grudziadz would but comfortable home win.

Damian Pawliczak is the U 24 nominated rider- was a junior until this season, seems to be improving rapidly

https://www.zuzelend.com/zaw,884,damian-pawliczak#

1 hour ago, Col said:

No disgrace being beaten by either of the Holders, especially round Wroclaw. Whilst Chris might not be the same beast as when he was World Chanpion, given he rode for Wroclaw last year too, he’s still an able performer at this level if he makes a decent start. Jack on the other hand is well and truly on the rise and on paper I would say is Torun’s best rider. He shown what he can do in his last two rides of this match, continuing where he left off from last year with Gorzow.

Woffinden wasn’t spectacular but thought he looked pretty quick and a decent first match for him.

Edited by Najjer

Should be a barn storming affair in Częstochowa later, I'm sure Doyle & Semktala will be looking to show their former employers what they are missing out on.  Could the Lions not afford to keep Doyle?  I don't follow Polish speedway that closely but Miskowiak could be the standout reserve this season, what happened to Swidnicki?

Edited by Col

16 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Woffinden wasn’t spectacular but thought he looked pretty quick and a decent first match for him.

I may have been harsh but compared to Zmarzlik's first outing of the year I know who looks more likely to be World Champion this year!  They will surely be the main contenders (again).  I suspect had it mattered Woffinden would have put more into heat 15 and suspect he didn't have set-up quite right in his first outing (often seems to happen to him), was better in 2/3/4 rides. 

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Should be a barn storming affair in Częstochowa later, I'm sure Doyle & Semktala will be looking to show their former employers what they are missing out on.  Could the Lions not afford to keep Doyle?  I don't follow Polish speedway that closely but Miskowiak could be the standout reserve this season, what happened to Swidnicki?

Częstochowa were effectively faced with a choice between Doyle, Madsen or Lindgren due to the new U-24 rule. I think Madsen and Lindgren already had contracts for this year so that made that decision pretty easy.

Swidnicki was due to ride in the first match before it was cancelled but Kowalski seems like a real talent. Watch out for him!

I'd forgotten Wictor Lampart when I said Jakub Miskowiak would be stand out Ekstraliga reserve!
Understood on new rules mean Doyle had to move (didn't stay to upto date with stuff over winter), Lindgren & Madsen have been with Lions for a few years and are at least his equal (apart from 2016 & 2017).

I'll only really notice Poles I've never heard of before when they beat someone I wouldn't expect them to beat - see Pawliczak earlier.  Swidnicki was exciting to watch last year, if Częstochowa have 3 capable reserves that's a real bonus for them, any other young Poles to keep an eye out for?

2 minutes ago, Col said:

I'd forgotten Wictor Lampart when I said Jakub Miskowiak would be stand out Ekstraliga reserve!
Understood on new rules mean Doyle had to move (didn't stay to upto date with stuff over winter), Lindgren & Madsen have been with Lions for a few years and are at least his equal (apart from 2016 & 2017).

I'll only really notice Poles I've never heard of before when they beat someone I wouldn't expect them to beat - see Pawliczak earlier.  Swidnicki was exciting to watch last year, if Częstochowa have 3 capable reserves that's a real bonus for them, any other young Poles to keep an eye out for?

Fabian Ragus