British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

54 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Rumoured teams

Gorzow 1-5 (Zmarzlik, Vaculik, Thomsen, R. Lambert & Wozniak)

I thought Lambert was being rumoured to be heading to Torun rather than Gorzow.

If all your rumoured teams come off, there's not much left for Zielona Gora. They could be in some trouble.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HenryW said:

If all your rumoured teams come off, there's not much left for Zielona Gora. They could be in some trouble.

Rumours are just rumours though so if you're a ZG fan then no need to panic just yet.

24 minutes ago, HenryW said:

7 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Rumours are just rumours though so if you're a ZG fan then no need to panic just yet.

I'd take a punt on Zielona Gora lining up with Dudek, Tungate, Jeppeson, Zagar and Protasiewicz... assuming their bid to hang onto Vaculik isn't successful

18 minutes ago, HenryW said:

That's right. It's rumoured that Lambert is locked for Toruń. I don't think that Gorzów have enough money to sign him as they offered a hefty contract (largest in Ekstraliga history) to Zmarzlik and Lambert's demands are pretty high.

As for Zielona Góra the big problem there is that the owners have fallen out with themselves. It is said that they don't have money enough not only to keep Vaculik, but even to get the reliable replacement for him.

5 minutes ago, Przemek said:

That's right. It's rumoured that Lambert is locked for Toruń. I don't think that Gorzów have enough money to sign him as they offered a hefty contract (largest in Ekstraliga history) to Zmarzlik and Lambert's demands are pretty high.

As for Zielona Góra the big problem there is that the owners have fallen out with themselves. It is said that they don't have money enough not only to keep Vaculik, but even to get the reliable replacement for him.

Other than being frozen out, I think it's about the only option that's left on the table for Matej Zagar. I can't see how he can be accomodated anywhere else

20 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Other than being frozen out, I think it's about the only option that's left on the table for Matej Zagar. I can't see how he can be accomodated anywhere else

Definitely. It seems like Zagar and ZG are doomed to each other.

Fill in the blanks imo.

Włókniarz Częstochowa

Leon Madsen, Fredrik Lindgren, Bartosz Smektała, Kacper Woryna, Jonas Jeppesen (U24), Jakub Miśkowiak & Mateusz Świdnicki

Stal Gorzów

Anders Thomsen, Martin Vaculik, Bartosz Zmarzlik, Szymon Woźniak, Rafał Karczmarz (U24), Wiktor Jasiński & Kamil Nowacki

GKM Grudziądz

Nicki Pedersen, Kenneth Bjerre, Przemysław Pawlicki, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Roman Lachbaum (U24), Denis Zieliński & Kacper Łobodziński

Unia Leszno

Emil Sajfutdinow, Jason Doyle, Janusz Kołodziej, Piotr Pawlicki, Jaimon Lidsey (U24) & Kacper Pludra

Motor Lublin

Grigorij Laguta, Mikkel Michelsen, Jarosław Hampel, Dominik Kubera (U24) & Wiktor Lampart

Apator Toruń

Chris Holder, Jack Holder, Paweł Przedpełski & Robert Lambert (U24)

Sparta Wrocław

Tai Woffinden, Artem Laguta, Maciej Janowski, Przemysław Liszka & Michał Curzytek

Zielona Góra

Matej Zagar, Rohan Tungate, Patryk Dudek, Piotr Protasiewicz & Norbert Krakowiak (U24)

10 hours ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Rafal Karczmarz confirmed for Gorzow. Which should complete the 2021 septet.

Bartek Zmarzlik, Martin Vaculik, Anders Thomsen, Szymon Wozniak, Rafal Karczmarz (U24), Jasinski & Nowacki as the juniors.

Quoted this one across from the other thread - Is Karczmarz now confirmed? Hadn't seen that anywhere but will add it to the list.

21 hours ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Tai Woffinden, despite having broken hand, did his best to make sure that his team Wroclaw reached for bronze medal in the Polish Speedway ExtraLiga. He made available for  Dan Bewley not only his engines from Ryszard Kowalski, but also mechanics, and during the two final matches personally supervised the progress.The effect was surprisingly good, because the young Bewley scored 23 points in two matches for the bronze medal and was by far the biggest surprise at the end of the season. Most importantly, the 21-year-old rode not only efficiently, but also very effectively, and confirmed that his problems at the start of the season were due to poor equipment and not fear of risky riding.

(…)His position in the Wroclaw team will be rather unchallenged, because currently Tai Woffinden, Artiom Łaguta, Maciej Janowski, Gleb Czugunow and Bewley are sure of a contract for the next season. In recent weeks, several clubs have applied for the Brit, but Wrocław have told them that they do not intend to release him.

(source: Przegląd Sportowy)

19 hours ago, Mark said:

Very pleased to read this.   Dan had a poor year so this will give him loads of confidence.    He might get better engines next year.

It was great to see Bewley finally showing the form that we've seen him show around the NSS. His kit is quite obviously not up to scratch for Polish League racing and it must have been a bit of an eye opener for him (and me). How he goes about funding the investment that is obviously needed in his equipment is the big question as it's a bit of a chicken and egg situation. Maybe GB Speedway should step in and invest in the machinery he needs, like they did with with Steve Worrall & Danny King (I think) a few years back, although I don't think it was under the GB Speedway badge back then. Maybe they could offer some kind of loan scheme, like a student loan, and the rider starts paying back their loan when they have reached a certain standard (earnings) in the Polish League.

Rumblings of Torun choosing between Tobiasz Musielak and Adrian Miedzinski for one of their senior Polish riders in their team, with others suggesting they take a punt on Gregorz Zengota. Personally speaking I wouldn't have Miedzinski anywhere near my team but he's obviously been at Torun in the past for a number of years.

I have also updated the post on the first page to now include teams 'outgoing riders' so that it's easy to track who has left and where they have gone to.

• Like 2

Presumably Max Fricke whose birthday is the end of March next year, where he turns 25, could be frozen out also. He will be too old to qualify for one of the under-24 team positions and looks unlikely to fit in at Wroclaw if they sign Artem Laguta as expected and keep Tai Woffinden. Not really much room left for him to go anywhere else other than Zielona Gora or into Division 1. Not ideal for a Grand Prix rider!

Wroclaw I would also presume are likely to end up with Laguta and Woffinden as their overseas riders, Janowski with options to declare Chugonov as the other Pole or the under 24 rider along with Dan Bewley.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Quoted this one across from the other thread - Is Karczmarz now confirmed? Hadn't seen that anywhere but will add it to the list.

Sorry mate. 

I posted that on the wrong thread.

Yes it's a confirmed deal.