British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

On 10/14/2020 at 9:24 PM, Najjer said:

People are after him but he’s also said he might stay at Tarnow yet for another season. 

Can he not do both? Like some riders did this year, it would be a shame if he weren't in the Ekstraliga, seems like one of the better (top 6 or 7) young u-21 Poles...

On 10/14/2020 at 10:56 PM, HenryW said:

I'm fairly sure that Orwat is already 21.

Was about 80% sure this was his last season at u-21level but wasn't sure... I'm not sure how they do the ages? What if the rider turns 22 half way through the season? Can they be an u-21 until that point or no?

On 10/17/2020 at 8:19 PM, Dandelion said:

Was about 80% sure this was his last season at u-21level but wasn't sure... I'm not sure how they do the ages? What if the rider turns 22 half way through the season? Can they be an u-21 until that point or no?

As HenryW pointed out, Orwat is already 21 so I believe next year will no longer be classed as a junior - So putting 2 and 2 together, probably quite likely he will end up leaving Bydgoszcz to get a regular ride elsewhere as they have already signed Lyager for their U-24 position so I can't see Orwat fitting.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 7:36 PM, Dandelion said:

I'd imagine SOMEONE would sign Mateusz Cierniak next year? He was by far the best u-21 in 1.Liga last season, not sure of his most likely destination though? Same goes for Tomasz Orwat too, but I'm not sure if he is still a u-21 next year?

Wroclaw are the latest team to show interest in Cierniak and try to prize him away from Tarnow. Gorzow, Lublin and Grudziadz are still chasing him too reports say aswell.

Talking of Wroclaw - still no news on Max Fricke which surprises me!

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Najjer said:

As HenryW pointed out, Orwat is already 21 so I believe next year will no longer be classed as a junior - So putting 2 and 2 together, probably quite likely he will end up leaving Bydgoszcz to get a regular ride elsewhere as they have already signed Lyager for their U-24 position so I can't see Orwat fitting.

Maybe Orwat could be a Polish senior back up option for Bydgoszcz... As has been pointed out on the other thread, they're struggling in that department, not sure whether he'd hold his own there though unfortunately. Will be interesting to see

9 hours ago, Najjer said:

Wroclaw are the latest team to show interest in Cierniak and try to prize him away from Tarnow. Gorzow, Lublin and Grudziadz are still chasing him too reports say aswell.

Talking of Wroclaw - still no news on Max Fricke which surprises me!

Grudziadz are the ones who need him the most, they've got next to nothing as junior level as far as I can tell... Lublin very strong at Junior level too... Would love to see him at Gorzow, they're my Polish favourites, not too keen on Wroclaw

Max Fricke may not end up in any team!! Will he come crawling back to Britain I wonder?

22 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Grudziadz are the ones who need him the most, they've got next to nothing as junior level as far as I can tell... Lublin very strong at Junior level too... Would love to see him at Gorzow, they're my Polish favourites, not too keen on Wroclaw

Max Fricke may not end up in any team!! Will he come crawling back to Britain I wonder?

Grudziadz look in trouble at the moment unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat. They are interested in Norbert Krakowiak too for the U-24 position which would be a good addition. I personally think that one all hinges on whether Zielona can get Jonas Jeppeson or if they decide to go with Jan Kvech instead.

Max Fricke could be in a direct head to head with Matej Zagar to go to Zielona also - Although I've seen reports linking Zagar to Falubaz a few weeks back but no mention of Fricke at all as of yet.

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

Max Fricke could be in a direct head to head with Matej Zagar to go to Zielona also - Although I've seen reports linking Zagar to Falubaz a few weeks back but no mention of Fricke at all as of yet.

No sooner had I commented on this earlier, but it's now being reported today that Wroclaw have given the green light for Max Fricke to leave next year. As expected Zielona Gora have made contact with him, as well as Rybnik in Division 1 - Effectively to replace Robert Lambert after being relegated.

So Torun effectively ruling out Gregorz Zengota and Jason Doyle from their side, meaning they will likely line up with Robert Lambert as their U24 rider, Jack and Chris Holder, and then a selection on match days between Pawel Przedpelski, Adrian Miedzinski and Tobiasz Musielak for the final two positions in the team.

17 minutes ago, Najjer said:

So Torun effectively ruling out Gregorz Zengota and Jason Doyle from their side, meaning they will likely line up with Robert Lambert as their U24 rider, Jack and Chris Holder, and then a selection on match days between Pawel Przedpelski, Adrian Miedzinski and Tobiasz Musielak for the final two positions in the team.

I said Doyle wouldn`t be there and not everyone agreed with me :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I said Doyle wouldn`t be there and not everyone agreed with me :)

Reminds me, I must get my copy of this week's Star autographed......;)

9 hours ago, Najjer said:

Unless they have two good Poles at 6/7 that looks a weak team.    Miedzinski spends too much time in the air fence or putting other unfortunate riders in it.    I'd rather have Doyle in front of both Holder brothers as a pure point scorer.   But see the sense of keeping both as they will work well together.  

Zielona Gora moving closer and closer to agreeing deals with Matej Zagar and Max Fricke - and surprisingly, Rohan Tungate too. That would mean at least one of them would have to sit out on match day, so a pretty ballsy move from Tungate in a bid to get a Extraleague position! 

It’s said that Jepsen Jensen is bound for Gdańsk or Rybnik in Division 1 to make way for the other overseas riders

Edited by Najjer

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Zielona Gora moving closer and closer to agreeing deals with Matej Zagar and Max Fricke - and surprisingly, Rohan Tungate too. That would mean at least one of them would have to sit out on match day, so a pretty ballsy move from Tungate in a bid to get a Extraleague position! 

It’s said that Jepsen Jensen is bound for Gdańsk or Rybnik in Division 1 to make way for the other overseas riders

Jepsen Jensen's ego won't handle division 1, haha!

Just to give an idea of the sheer scale of money on offer in Poland - Zmarzlik’s new contract is supposed to be the biggest ever in Polish history and potentially could be worth upto just under £600,000!