British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Those top 2 will let them down

Laguta is anything but a let down :nono:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Laguta is probably the most exciting rider in world speedway at the moment for me.

• Like 2

Might shock a few but here is my table prediction for 2021. 

It takes 7 riders to win a meeting and some teams have firepower but they're sitting ducks in the U24 and Juniour positions.

This will raise a few eyebrows but My prediction is

1. Leszno (Too good for everyone again all round)

2. Czestochowa (Jeppesen, Miskowiak & Swindnicki is a strong tail end that should be too strong for the majority in this league and they've also got some firepower up top)

3. Lublin (Kubera, Cierniak & Lampart is the strongest tail end in the league by far imo and it should clean up most meetings, Grigorij Laguta is a strong leader imo)

4. Gorzow (One of the weakest tail ends in the league and I don't see the tail end getting much success against anyone but they top 4 is very strong and should compesate for it)

SHOCK PREDICTION 5. Wroclaw (Three No.1's which is a lot of firepower but the rest of the side is nothing to shout about which will level things out against most sides)

6. Torun (Can't see them worrying anyone away from home. Will need Lambert & J. Holder to score well just to scrape some home wins imo)

7. Zielona Gora (I think they could pip Torun to 5th place and do better than expected but I have big concerns over Protasiewicz these days)

8. Grudziadz (Can't think of anything positive to say about the side sorry.)

16 hours ago, HenryW said:

They have a rider who finished 8th in the averages...in an 8 team league. 

And this makes him a better than average third heat leader? :blink:

There must be a fair few teams missing a number 1 and/or number 2 if everyone below him is at 3rd heat leader level.

Nit picking. They don't have a GP rider of which there are 15, so all things being equal most teams will have 2 GP riders.

5 minutes ago, Col said:

Nit picking. They don't have a GP rider of which there are 15, so all things being equal most teams will have 2 GP riders.

Grudziadz have a GP rider... it’s KK, being a GP rider is irrelevant when the best 15 riders in the world dont make up the GP field

Nothing wrong with Grigorij Laguta but I don't think he's quite in the same bracket as the genuinely top class riders - Zmarzlik, Woffinden, A Laguta, Madsen, Janowski, Sayfutdinov, Vaculik, Doyle & Lindgren. At 36 he's unlikely to improve too.

So Lublin don't have an out & out #1 they have a very good second heat leader and 4 third heat leaders. With the best tail in the league they should be very competitive.

Kasprzak & Berntzon in the GP's will be out classed, but they qualified by rights. I can only assume the Polish riders fall out with the National team boss is how Kasprzak was nominated for the GP challenge ahead of Piotr Pawlicki & a few others 

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

ZG to announce their team next week- they have announced today that MJJ, Lindback and Jeppesen won`t be amongst  them.

Not surprised with MJJ and Lindback getting the boot both of them were poor this season for ZG 

26 minutes ago, Col said:

Nothing wrong with Grigorij Laguta but I don't think he's quite in the same bracket as the genuinely top class riders - Zmarzlik, Woffinden, A Laguta, Madsen, Janowski, Sayfutdinov, Vaculik, Doyle & Lindgren. At 36 he's unlikely to improve too.

So Lublin don't have an out & out #1 they have a very good second heat leader and 4 third heat leaders. With the best tail in the league they should be very competitive.

Kasprzak & Berntzon in the GP's will be out classed, but they qualified by rights. I can only assume the Polish riders fall out with the National team boss is how Kasprzak was nominated for the GP challenge ahead of Piotr Pawlicki & a few others 

No- KK won the Golden Helmet which in this Covid  season gave him the spot in the Challenge final.

4 hours ago, Col said:

And as others have pointed out, the permanent riders in the SGP aren't necessarily the best 15 in the Polish league.

When talking about the standard of a rider in a Polish league team, it seems more reasonable to me to consider what they actually do in the Polish league rather than individual competitions.

38 minutes ago, Col said:

Averages say that Laguta did much better in the Polish League than the two highlighted. I take your point about his age, but there have been a few that have kept their stadard up beyond that age in recent years.  

Funnily enough, Mikkel Michelsen also finished with a higher average than Doyle and Lindgren last year...So maybe Lublin have better league riders than you give them credit for.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HenryW said:

And as others have pointed out, the permanent riders in the SGP aren't necessarily the best 15 in the Polish league.

When talking about the standard of a rider in a Polish league team, it seems more reasonable to me to consider what they actually do in the Polish league rather than individual competitions.

Averages say that Laguta did much better in the Polish League than the two highlighted. I take your point about his age, but there have been a few that have kept their stadard up beyond that age in recent years.  

Funnily enough, Mikkel Michelsen also finished with a higher average than Doyle and Lindgren last year...So maybe Lublin have better league riders than you give them credit for.

Laguta can certainly match Doyle, Lindgren and Janowski. Bar one naff year at Torun, he is usually around the 8.5 mark most years. His downfall is on the continent out with Poland and his homeland. Wrong bike set-up coupled with episodes of erratic riding usually penalises his final points score.

Bit of a gulf though compared to his brother, BZ, Emil and Madsen once he fully recovers from injury.

Would like to see him reach the GP before he retires.

Edited by Robinh88

6 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Would like to see him reach the GP before he retires.

I think this year was probably the best chance with the crazy weak GP Challenge and him being nominated straight into the final...but he blew it pretty quickly :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, HenryW said:

Were Doyle & Lindgren stats obscured by Czestochowa's cancelled home fixtures?

Did Lublin operate RR for a rider for a lengthy period? If so were Laguta & Mikkelsen used wisely and their RR rides in heats they'd surely win? How teams lineup their 1-5 can also affect this.

I don't know. I do know I'd rather have Lindgren & Doyle in my team than G Laguta & Mikkelsen.

Edited by Col