British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague 2021 Play-off finals 2nd legs Sunday 26th September live on TV

On 9/26/2021 at 9:36 PM, Robinh88 said:

Whoever runs operations at Wroclaw deserves huge credit. The planning and execution has been fantastic to follow.

Below you can read excerpts from an article written by Lukasz Kuczera in the Sportowe Fakty website

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/962437/malzenstwo-ktore-wygralo-polska-lige-klub-traktuja-jak-dziecko

(…)  Andrzej Rusko, president of Betard Sparta Wroclaw, the new Polish champion  has been working in speedway for over 30 years. During this period, he created a tycoon in Lower Silesia, the richest club in Poland.

It was the beginning of the 90s, when speedway in Wroclaw was declining,  and then appeared a man called - Andrzej Rusko . An efficient manager and businessman who started to introduce ideas straight from the West. Ensuring  support of Poland’s first private TV channel Polsat TV, which was a novelty at the time - the clubs did not have title sponsors, or bikes from respected tuners, gave the medals they wanted. Three years in a row, (1993-1995) the speedway riders from Wroclaw did not descend from the throne .

On Sunday 26 Sept.2021, Betard Sparta Wroclaw  became the Polish champion for the fifth time in history. Although the speedway traditions in the capital of Lower Silesia date back to the early 1950s, the club won all the titles in the Rusko era. It is hardly surprising, however, since he himself treats the club as his child.

Sparta is our common child. Mine, Christine's  and many other people. The child that was born grew and gave us a lot of joy - said Andrzej Rusko when the association he founded celebrated its 25th anniversary. During this period, he could always count on the support of his wife - Christine Kloc . It was she who took the lead when he decided to head Poland's  football  Ekstraklasa. (…)  

When Rusko was active in Ekstraklasa, the club found itself in a black hole. Back then, it fought to stay in the PGE Ekstraliga , had a worse squad, and the Olympic Stadium, which was reminiscent of the communist times, deterred fans. 

This worse period of Betard Sparta is remembered by Tai Woffinden . The Brit, a three-time world champion, joined the club in the 2012 season. As he says himself, Krystyna Kloc saved his career, because the people of Wroclaw stretched out a helping hand to him at the right moment. As Woffinden climbed the ranks of the world speedway, so did Betard Sparta

I've waited 10 years for this. I just cried - said Woffinden  after winning the gold with Wroclaw, For the last several months now Wroclaw  is his home. He has bought a house 20 minutes from the track and moved in with his family.

If  Woffinden has been waiting for gold for many years, so did Rusko. Wroclaw celebrated the last title in 2006. After lean years, fat years have come. In recent seasons, they regularly appeared in the playoffs, but they always missed  the dot on i. Ironically, each time they had on their way their biggest rival - Fogo Unia Leszno .

The Wroclaw president’s dream was to celebrate gold in 2017 - it was the first season of competitions at the completely renovated Olympic Stadium. For the amount of PLN 120 million in Lower Silesia, they acquired one of the most beautiful speedway facilities in Poland. The activists also did a gigantic marketing job. Suddenly it turned out that 12-13 thousand fans can appear in the stands at every match. Currently, no one says that Wroclaw, as a city, is too big for speedway. On the contrary. Before this year's finals of PGE Ekstraliga with Motor Lublin,  there were voices that if the facility had 30,000 capacity, it would also be able to fill it.

In order to be successful, Andrzej Rusko had to deviate a bit from his policy. For several years in a row, Wroclaw attracted the stars of the young generation, who, with appropriate support, were to reach there a higher level. Before the 2021 season, Artem Laguta was brought in  - one of the best speedway riders in the world, currently the leader of the general classification of the SGP world championship .

All this would not be possible without the city's support. City’s President Jacek Sutryk is a huge fan of speedway. Perhaps in part because he rides a motorcycle himself and has a passion for two wheels. The city's involvement in the speedway sport is greater than in the times of its predecessor, moreover, Wroclaw is organizing the speedway Grand Prix cycle again - from which it gains profits. The presidents of other Polish speedway  clubs say straightforwardly: it is currently the richest club in Poland, with a budget well over PLN 10 million.

Andrzej Rusko has been in this business for so long that he managed to make enemies in it. Betard Sparta and its president have often been accused of doing everything to achieve success. First of all - it does not train its own riders, but only brings in juniors from outside. However, this is also changing before our eyes. For some time now, trainings with the youngest have been actively conducted in Wroclaw, the effects of which should be visible in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 10:29 PM, racers and royals said:

Some great news from the Jablonski family

I am alive! He has woken up! Mati is doing well! It's a long way to go, but most importantly, we can plan it together!!!

More recent news is that Mateusz has been able to take a few steps out of bed- N Sport commentator Tomasz Dryla who visited him said " it`s a miracle"

• Like 3

22 hours ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Below you can read excerpts from an article written by Lukasz Kuczera in the Sportowe Fakty website

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/962437/malzenstwo-ktore-wygralo-polska-lige-klub-traktuja-jak-dziecko

(…)  Andrzej Rusko, president of Betard Sparta Wroclaw, the new Polish champion  has been working in speedway for over 30 years. During this period, he created a tycoon in Lower Silesia, the richest club in Poland.

It was the beginning of the 90s, when speedway in Wroclaw was declining,  and then appeared a man called - Andrzej Rusko . An efficient manager and businessman who started to introduce ideas straight from the West. Ensuring  support of Poland’s first private TV channel Polsat TV, which was a novelty at the time - the clubs did not have title sponsors, or bikes from respected tuners, gave the medals they wanted. Three years in a row, (1993-1995) the speedway riders from Wroclaw did not descend from the throne .

On Sunday 26 Sept.2021, Betard Sparta Wroclaw  became the Polish champion for the fifth time in history. Although the speedway traditions in the capital of Lower Silesia date back to the early 1950s, the club won all the titles in the Rusko era. It is hardly surprising, however, since he himself treats the club as his child.

Sparta is our common child. Mine, Christine's  and many other people. The child that was born grew and gave us a lot of joy - said Andrzej Rusko when the association he founded celebrated its 25th anniversary. During this period, he could always count on the support of his wife - Christine Kloc . It was she who took the lead when he decided to head Poland's  football  Ekstraklasa. (…)  

When Rusko was active in Ekstraklasa, the club found itself in a black hole. Back then, it fought to stay in the PGE Ekstraliga , had a worse squad, and the Olympic Stadium, which was reminiscent of the communist times, deterred fans. 

This worse period of Betard Sparta is remembered by Tai Woffinden . The Brit, a three-time world champion, joined the club in the 2012 season. As he says himself, Krystyna Kloc saved his career, because the people of Wroclaw stretched out a helping hand to him at the right moment. As Woffinden climbed the ranks of the world speedway, so did Betard Sparta

I've waited 10 years for this. I just cried - said Woffinden  after winning the gold with Wroclaw, For the last several months now Wroclaw  is his home. He has bought a house 20 minutes from the track and moved in with his family.

If  Woffinden has been waiting for gold for many years, so did Rusko. Wroclaw celebrated the last title in 2006. After lean years, fat years have come. In recent seasons, they regularly appeared in the playoffs, but they always missed  the dot on i. Ironically, each time they had on their way their biggest rival - Fogo Unia Leszno .

The Wroclaw president’s dream was to celebrate gold in 2017 - it was the first season of competitions at the completely renovated Olympic Stadium. For the amount of PLN 120 million in Lower Silesia, they acquired one of the most beautiful speedway facilities in Poland. The activists also did a gigantic marketing job. Suddenly it turned out that 12-13 thousand fans can appear in the stands at every match. Currently, no one says that Wroclaw, as a city, is too big for speedway. On the contrary. Before this year's finals of PGE Ekstraliga with Motor Lublin,  there were voices that if the facility had 30,000 capacity, it would also be able to fill it.

In order to be successful, Andrzej Rusko had to deviate a bit from his policy. For several years in a row, Wroclaw attracted the stars of the young generation, who, with appropriate support, were to reach there a higher level. Before the 2021 season, Artem Laguta was brought in  - one of the best speedway riders in the world, currently the leader of the general classification of the SGP world championship .

All this would not be possible without the city's support. City’s President Jacek Sutryk is a huge fan of speedway. Perhaps in part because he rides a motorcycle himself and has a passion for two wheels. The city's involvement in the speedway sport is greater than in the times of its predecessor, moreover, Wroclaw is organizing the speedway Grand Prix cycle again - from which it gains profits. The presidents of other Polish speedway  clubs say straightforwardly: it is currently the richest club in Poland, with a budget well over PLN 10 million.

Andrzej Rusko has been in this business for so long that he managed to make enemies in it. Betard Sparta and its president have often been accused of doing everything to achieve success. First of all - it does not train its own riders, but only brings in juniors from outside. However, this is also changing before our eyes. For some time now, trainings with the youngest have been actively conducted in Wroclaw, the effects of which should be visible in the future.

Thanks for posting this it was a great read and very inspirational.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:07 AM, jarekosc said:

Unia Leszno is really good speedway team i am supporting them since i was a child ! Hopefully they can stay on top for next years. zakłady bukmacherskie

Welcome to the forum Jarekosc. We have regular poster Stewmac as a big Leszno fan- he might post a photo of his car reg plate.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 9:07 AM, jarekosc said:

Unia Leszno is really good speedway team i am supporting them since i was a child ! Hopefully they can stay on top for next years. zakłady bukmacherskie

Hi Jarekosc, I live in Scotland but I'm a big Leszno fan - see my car plate in the picture - and I'll be driving over to Leszno at Easter for their first meeting v Gorzów. 

rsz_screenshot_2022-02-04-11-48-58-28_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

• Like 3