British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Help Lynn win something

57 minutes ago, nickcat0 said:

In 1995, I lived and worked in Kings Lynn for 6 or 7 months. It has got to be one of the dullest and most boring towns in the UK. Unless it's greatly upped its game in the last 25 years, then I can't imagine what criteria was used to decide the winners of each round.

If you would have taken a short drive from Lynn to say Brancaster to Salthose, just stunning.

For me, North Norfolk is one of the finest coast lines in England

• Like 2

23 hours ago, sommelier said:

If you would have taken a short drive from Lynn to say Brancaster to Salthose, just stunning.

Sadly, for most of my time there, I was without a car (apart from when my then fiance/now wife came to visit) ....... Usually on my day off work, if i didn't fancy wandering around Kings Lynn, then I'd catch the train to London, it was only about 90 mins away.

23 hours ago, sommelier said:

As nice as Salthouse is, it is not a short drive from Lynn

On 11/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, therefused said:

As nice as Salthouse is, it is not a short drive from Lynn

Perhaps he meant Salthouse Heath, this is only 35.5 miles from Lynn, less than 1 hours drive.

Is an hour really a short drive :unsure:

There are plenty of nice places in Norfolk without going to the pretentious and second home dominated north coast. 

20 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Is an hour really a short drive :unsure:

There are plenty of nice places in Norfolk without going to the pretentious and second home dominated north coast. 

I lived in Cley for 11 years, hardly call it pretentious! I only moved there for the Wildfowling

6 hours ago, sommelier said:

I lived in Cley for 11 years, hardly call it pretentious! I only moved there for the Wildfowling

Perhaps I’m generalising a bit but most places are from Thornham round to Weybourne have a fair element of pretentiousness. And of course locals who grew up in those places can’t afford to live there when they leave nest. 

There’s always the Dersingham Bog to visit.   
Talking of Salthouse is the Dun Cow still open ?   And how about Cookie’s Shellfish place.    I’m in North Norfolk but don’t seem to that far around the coast

George Russell in a Mercedes F1 car should put Kings Lynn on the map :wink: