British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chunky

Four in a Row - or More

20 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Best I could come up for Richard was four rides within five heats at Belle Vue in 1975.

He did the same again guesting for Halifax in the Yorkshire Cup at Hull in 1976, heats 9, 11, 12 and 13.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BL65 said:

He did the same again guesting for Halifax in the Yorkshire Cup at Hull in 1976, heats 9, 11, 12 and 13.

It really wasn't that unusual for a rider to ride in the last three heats, particularly the Home 3 or Away 1.

Vaclav Verner did 4 row for Exeter in a home meeting against Sheffield in 1994,he rode in heats 11,12,13 and 14 (3,fx,3,3) and won heat 16 for good measure,aged 45!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Vaclav Verner did 4 row for Exeter in a home meeting against Sheffield in 1994,he rode in heats 11,12,13 and 14 (3,fx,3,3) and won heat 16 for good measure,aged 45!

Was that the night he rode eight times? I remember something about that...

On 10/16/2020 at 5:12 PM, chunky said:

Unfortunately, I don't have any REAL memories of that, even though I was there. My main memories from the Laurels was from 1980. That's when I spent the second half of the meeting (and several ensuing hours) unconscious in St. George's Hospital after head-butting the concrete arch on the pits bend...

Ouch that must have hurt 

12 hours ago, chunky said:

Was that the night he rode eight times? I remember something about that...

No,just the 7.