British Speedway Forum
jenga

2021 speedway season !

15 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HAVE seen estimates of a minimum of nine months but only time will tell. Need to be positive ...

Only if you want to spend 10 days at home isolating :)

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Only if you want to spend 10 days at home isolating :)

No one knows the time factor as the trialists have not had the viccine long enough to judge.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

No one knows the time factor as the trialists have not had the viccine long enough to judge.

Well if their immunity has already dropped then they do. But the immune response has been reported as varied but you have to winder at reports of 9 months to a few years. Let’s just hope it is enough to get out of this chaos once and for all

On 12/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

FROM a google site ... Once someone is vaccinated for COVID-19, their body should naturally develop antibodies that correspond with the virus and ward off future infection, but it’s still not clear how long those antibodies will last.

very strange.  my understanding of antibodies is that the body does develop them, sometimes requiring a vaccine to identify the contagion, but I wasn't aware that the (healthy) body could then forget how to generate those antibodies.  If that were the case wouldn't we constantly need top up vaccinations for all kinds on diseases that we've been inoculated against??  Unless this virus is mutating?  Lots of strange messages out there.    

34 minutes ago, enotian said:

very strange.  my understanding of antibodies is that the body does develop them, sometimes requiring a vaccine to identify the contagion, but I wasn't aware that the (healthy) body could then forget how to generate those antibodies.  If that were the case wouldn't we constantly need top up vaccinations for all kinds on diseases that we've been inoculated against??  Unless this virus is mutating?  Lots of strange messages out there.    

I thought that this possibility was aired at the launchtime of the vaccine in the UK. There are several unknowns like fertility of women. and possibility of its reaction in people taking multiple medicines, which were not able to be tested in the haste to produce a vaccine to help to stave off the virus. Only realtime experience will say how long the vaccine will be working successfully, but there has been a view expressed that it could be similar to the Flu virus, with the need to have an annual injection say in September/October to get us over the worst period.    

8 hours ago, enotian said:

You do constantly need top up vaccinations for some diseases

Rabies for instance requires one every 2 years at most if you work in a job where it is considered a danger

Typhoid requires a top up every 2-5 years according to which vaccine you have

Whooping Cough requires a top up every 10 years if you work with young infants

Whereas if you have the MMR vaccine it is considered to be life time protection

Whilst having sympathy for the difficult position promoters must be in, can't help but feel that all season ticket holders from last year, who rolled over their tickets to this year, ought to be getting some information about what they may possibly expect in 2021.

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

Whilst having sympathy for the difficult position promoters must be in, can't help but feel that all season ticket holders from last year, who rolled over their tickets to this year, ought to be getting some information about what they may possibly expect in 2021.

I think following on from the most recent news conference, I would be saying to fans dont pin to much hope on an Easter start to the season, if the Tier system is still in place then how will that work, Tier 3/4 no fans, Tiers 1/2 up to 2000 fans, basically if the tier system is still in place then we cant really start the season, as an example prior to today Kent, Somerset  can have fans but Birmingham, Sheffield cant have fans, how will that work ?. We simply do not know how this Pandemic is going to pan out.

5 hours ago, RS50 said:

I am in that position where my 2020 season will rollover to 2021, hopefully we will see speedway then. I`m sure the promotions will get all relevant information out when the time comes.

A lot can happen in four months.

2 hours ago, screm said:

I am in that position where my 2020 season will rollover to 2021, hopefully we will see speedway then. I`m sure the promotions will get all relevant information out when the time comes.

A lot can happen in four months.

To be fair to the Berwick promotion, they have always kept the fans informed (and I am in exactly the same position as you). But how the hell are promoters supposed to predict the future when situations change almost daily. They have every sympathy from me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RS50 said:

There is no guarantee that some tracks haven't already spent the money. I'm not optimistic that my 10 meeting ticket will be honoured. The sport will be in a very different place than it was pre Covid and brexit. When speedway starts again, Some clubs will not survive this worldwide crisis, it's inevitable.

Edited by cityrebel

6 hours ago, cityrebel said:

There is no guarantee that some tracks haven't already spent the money. I'm not optimistic that my 10 meeting ticket will be honoured. The sport will be in a very different place than it was pre Covid and brexit. When speedway starts again, Some clubs will not survive this worldwide crisis, it's inevitable.

All clubs have stated their intention to run in 2021 - with the season fixtures commencing (hopefully) from Easter.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

All clubs have stated their intention to run in 2021 - with the season fixtures commencing (hopefully) from Easter.

Talking about it and doing it are two different things. The way this second wave is spreading, easter could be very optimistic.

On 12/20/2020 at 6:45 AM, cityrebel said:

If your ten match ticket is for Eastbourne Eagles, there is no need to worry. Club has said on more than one occasion season tickets and ten match ones will roll on to 2021. They've got a team all set to go, works been done to Arlington Stadium, all we need know is for Covid to ease off and vaccinations to ramp up