British Speedway Forum
jenga

2021 speedway season !

My own personal view is that an Easter start date is a very bold claim. I don't think there will be any chance to get the public into sporting arenas before the Football season is over in mid May.

Some events for 2021 have already been cancelled ie isle of Man TT & Glastonbury. 

Following the cancellation of Elite Sport in Wales today, I don't think it will be long until the rest of the UK follows. Should another lockdown happen the perhaps a new thread should be started. 2022 Speedway Season.

25 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Following the cancellation of Elite Sport in Wales today, I don't think it will be long until the rest of the UK follows. Should another lockdown happen the perhaps a new thread should be started. 2022 Speedway Season.

grim reaper or what :rofl: be positive :t:

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

grim reaper or what :rofl: be positive :t:

I have to get through the Bah Humbug season first!!

Edited by BuxtonTiger

1 hour ago, BuxtonTiger said:

I'm  not sure that is correct. My understanding is that the Welsh Football League has been re-classified and is no longer elite. But genuinely elite Welsh sport ( e.g. Wrexham FC [!] can still continue.

14 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Good grief - talk about negative.

Covid, while seperate to flu, is settling down into a seasonal pattern.  The summer months next year should be OK.  Under the current tier restrictions, Tier 1 is crowds up to 4000 and tier 2 crowds up to 2000.  As long as everyone is down to tier 2 next Easter, then the British Speedway season can take place almost unaffected.

50 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Good grief - talk about negative.

Covid, while seperate to flu, is settling down into a seasonal pattern.  The summer months next year should be OK.  Under the current tier restrictions, Tier 1 is crowds up to 4000 and tier 2 crowds up to 2000.  As long as everyone is down to tier 2 next Easter, then the British Speedway season can take place almost unaffected.

Riders will also have to live in the same tier as their clubs operate if travelling between tiers (or indeed from other countries) is still the requirement.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Technik said:

My own personal view is that an Easter start date is a very bold claim. I don't think there will be any chance to get the public into sporting arenas before the Football season is over in mid May.

Some events for 2021 have already been cancelled ie isle of Man TT & Glastonbury. 

Glastonbury hasnt been cancelled (yet)

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Riders will also have to live in the same tier as their clubs operate if travelling between tiers (or indeed from other countries) is still the requirement.

Again, if everywhere is Tier 2 or lower by next Easter, then it's not a problem. 

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

You are allowed to travel between tiers for work when you are unable to work from home....

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You are allowed to travel between tiers for work when you are unable to work from home....

Good point. Its so long since I worked that I missed that advice!!:unsure:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

You are allowed to travel anywhere in England I think... it's just "advised" you don't

37 minutes ago, iainb said:

Hmm... Remains to be seen if they stand up in court if challenged

Very true