British Speedway Forum
ch958

Jason Garrity

Says everything about Garrity as a person that he picked on two people who wouldn't put up any kind of resistance, a bed bound man and a disabled lady. Hopefully Garrity will use his time inside to good use and come out a better person, sadly I doubt he has the sense to do that.

• Like 2

Looking at the number and variety of news sources to carry the outcome of Garrity's trial, there's no end of bad publicity for speedway. 

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

5 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Looking at the number and variety of news sources to carry the outcome of Garrity's trial, there's no end of bad publicity for speedway. 

Well I just looked through five or six and found no mention of him being a Speedway rider, as most people have never heard of Speedway and even less Garrity, I doubt there'll be much lasting damage.

• Like 4

He got what he deserved....a young talented rider when he started.... went astray to say the least.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Well I just looked through five or six and found no mention of him being a Speedway rider, as most people have never heard of Speedway and even less Garrity, I doubt there'll be much lasting damage.

Oh, there won't be much damage to speedway's profile. Chiefly because it no longer has one. Up there with tiddlywinks.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

19 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

He got what he deserved....a young talented rider when he started.... went astray to say the least.

He was a total waster in his early teens and had history, got a good chance to sort himself out.Unfortunately never took it.

• Like 1

pity they didnt have the power to add an additional sentence of putting him in a locked room with his hands tied and with fit healthy young relatives of the victims.  Even unfit older relatives.  From what I have been told from people who were around speedway in Manchester yes he had a bad start in life but he was given chance after chance and chose to go down this route.  Hell mend him

ETA they are looking for people to try and test COVID potential immunisations on.  I'd say scum like this should have that added into their sentence too.  They forfeit the right to be treated humanely the minute they prey in this manner on vulnerable people

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lioness said:

pity they didnt have the power to add an additional sentence of putting him in a locked room with his hands tied and with fit healthy young relatives of the victims.  Even unfit older relatives.  From what I have been told from people who were around speedway in Manchester yes he had a bad start in life but he was given chance after chance and chose to go down this route.  Hell mend him

Haven't you got an old gaelic curse ?

9 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Haven't you got an old gaelic curse ?

plenty of them but he isnt worthy of them. Until COVID stopped me in my tracks remember I worked with vulnerable people. For me it is one of the most despicable crimes you can commit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

no mention of speedway , but Scunthorpe speedway get a free advert !

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

None at all I would have thought.

Hopefully the sentence he has received acts as some form of recompense, for the ordeals that his victims suffered.

That Jason Varsity was a speedway rider should make not one iota of difference, in how people view him. He acted in an indefensible manner. People make plenty of mistakes in life, but equally have plenty of opportunities. Jason Garrity was given an opportunity in speedway, but failed to fully take it. Hopefully as his does his sentence, he will have time to reflect on his actions and leave prison a better person. In the meantime, I certainly will not miss his absence from the sport, which I hope he is not given the chance to return to.

• Like 1