British Speedway Forum
ch958

Jason Garrity

I very much doubt that prison will change him Moomin when all the chances given to him by people in speedway - promoters and riders - were just abused.

I agree with everything else you say. Plenty of kids from rough areas don’t get anywhere near the chances he was afforded yet make good. You just can’t help someone who is obviously evil to the core

No one in speedway is really surprised that “pikey Jase” is in jail. The biggest surprise is that it took so long 

one less druggy to have to lookout for

Edited by Jonny the spud
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

Will his transport breakdown on the way to the jail.

Not unless he's going to Saughton jail in Edinburgh

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It really staggers me that someone should commit this sort of really despicable crime; he must have been totally out of his skull. Was he really on drugs? He has now totally trashed his own life. And he was showing some promise as a speedway rider; he could have gone a long way if he had really wanted. What a total sad waste.

2 minutes ago, *JJ said:

It really staggers me that someone should commit this sort of really despicable crime; he must have been totally out of his skull. Was he really on drugs? He has now totally trashed his own life. And he was showing some promise as a speedway rider; he could have gone a long way if he had really wanted. What a total sad waste.

Can't say i agree with you about him going a long way in speedway. His attitude left a lot to be desired. How many times did he 'breakdown' on way to tracks in the north? Often he would turn up with his machines and kevlars still caked in dirt from the previous meetings.
He wanted it easy and was nt, in my opinion, willing to put in the work and dedication required to make a success of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, *JJ said:

i agree there was talent there at times . going a long way maybe not 

Saw him riding at Buxton against the Devils some years ago. Rode like he'd got a screw loose that day and bordering on dangerous

7 years 6 months! He'll serve half and be out in time for the start of the next UK speedway season....

Apologies, it's not a joking matter.  Anyone who prey's on the vulnerable has no place in society regardless of how tough their start in life might have been or the addictions which might have consumed them. I suspect his victims will suffer the after effects of his actions for much longer than he will atone for them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ancient mariner said:

Saw him riding at Buxton against the Devils some years ago. Rode like he'd got a screw loose that day and bordering on dangerous

Total liability on track most of the time .IMO .Think we can guess why.

13 hours ago, *JJ said:

Was he really on drugs ?? Saw several times some very strange behaviour in the pits, once a team manager told him to get out of sight part way through a meeting due to his behaviour !! Then another time after falling off was screaming in pain, until he went in the medical room came out smoking something and seamed right as rain !! I'm saying nowt about the jail term but must deserve it