British Speedway Forum
ch958

Jason Garrity

2 hours ago, HGould said:

he carried out a brutal nasty attack

He is a violent criminal.

not a brutal thug like Garrity.

From reading the Police statement it doesn't say he brutally attacked anybody, he burgled one person and robbed another at knife point. He's used threatening behaviour yes but he hasn't actually physically attacked anybody in this case (from what I've read). I am in no way defending or condoning his actions, I totally condemn them, just pointing out the known facts.

• Like 7

On 10/23/2020 at 1:15 AM, jenga said:

Neila , do you remember him dancing around the pits gate @ workington one year  and doing so crazy  moves that would shame a monkey on  a Bermuda trip ?  one of my mates pointed this out to me ,(yes i have mates ) and they do not  come in packets  . 

First time i saw him in the pits at comets land i said then he was as high as a kite a well known local rider looked at me and gave a thumbs up, mr godfrey tried to calm him when rasmus caught him on the line ,stood with my 7 yr old grandson who wanted an autograph we were told to p*** off , one of his helpers later came and said sorry with garrity watching then asked him why he said sorry when told he then called  him a stupid ( u know what).he now has plenty of time to think about those days !

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Believe it came back just inside the tolerances. Remember the hubbub but can’t remember who the rider was.

Jesper B Jensen, 11th July 2007

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

First time i saw him in the pits at comets land i said then he was as high as a kite a well known local rider looked at me and gave a thumbs up, mr godfrey tried to calm him when rasmus caught him on the line ,stood with my 7 yr old grandson who wanted an autograph we were told to p*** off , one of his helpers later came and said sorry with garrity watching then asked him why he said sorry when told he then called  him a stupid ( u know what).he now has plenty of time to think about those days !

If his behaviour was so obvious, surely authorities should have made greater strides to test him. Especially, as some have said, he apparently broke down on the way to meetings when forewarned would have random drug tests.

How deep is the drug problem in speedway, when this is allowed to happen and riders pull out of meetings (pretending to pull their back, unloading their bikes) when they arrive and know tests will take place? 

On 10/21/2020 at 11:12 AM, frigbo said:

Absolute scumbag...

Speedway riders are generally not renowned for their intellect, but Garrity is as thick as mince.

You don't have to be thick to commit his crimes though - just a despicable scumbag with no thought for others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

If his behaviour was so obvious, surely authorities should have made greater strides to test him. Especially, as some have said, he apparently broke down on the way to meetings when forewarned would have random drug tests.

How deep is the drug problem in speedway, when this is allowed to happen and riders pull out of meetings (pretending to pull their back, unloading their bikes) when they arrive and know tests will take place? 

In ian thomas book he tells the storey of a comets rider getting worried about taking a test after being promised a night to remember by a local lass and he

took some "pills" to help him on his way 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

In ian thomas book he tells the storey of a comets rider getting worried about taking a test after being promised a night to remember by a local lass and he

took some "pills" to help him on his way 

Nowt wrong with that. As long as the pills didn't help him score a 12-point maximum!

3 hours ago, moxey63 said:

Nowt wrong with that. As long as the pills didn't help him score a 12-point maximum!

You mean he didn't come first every time?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, moxey63 said:

Don’t think people on here are exaggerating regarding his behaviour and missing meetings.He done some pretty strange things IMO.Cant remember the rider but I was at a meeting where he “injured his back “ unloading his bike in similar circumstances.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

i remember brent werner putting his back out getting his bikes out of his van !  

11 hours ago, iainb said:

From reading the Police statement it doesn't say he brutally attacked anybody, he burgled one person and robbed another at knife point. He's used threatening behaviour yes but he hasn't actually physically attacked anybody in this case (from what I've read). I am in no way defending or condoning his actions, I totally condemn them, just pointing out the known facts.

My generation would view holding a knife to a pensioners as brutal and nasty .

It's the act of a dangerous criminal and a coward.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

My generation would view holding a knife to a pensioners as brutal and nasty .

It's the act of a dangerous criminal and a coward.

That's fair enough... We can definitely agree on the latter though

I've been near him in the pits twice when he's been tested. Both times he said why's it always me that gets "randomly" chosen, which suggests he's been tested on other occasions. Both times he was clear. 

Not trying to defend his actions in any way, deserves all he gets and more. 

Edited by OML

On 10/24/2020 at 1:05 AM, HenryW said:

What is the reliability of these testing kits?

If they are 100% accurate then it's a great idea and all is good, but I suspect that wouldn't actually be the case...

What level of false positives would be acceptable at a meeting where a rider or multiple riders get prevented from racing due to the failure of the testing kits rather than anything they had done wrong?

I used to work on large motorway projects where drug and alcohol tests were the norm as there was a total zero tolerance to both on site. Every day a minimum of 10 people were tested, a simple test of pee in a special container, snap the lid down shake and place on desk. then you watched the container together with the tester to see if the crystals change colour. A simple effective test that caught many out. The only time it was known to give a false reading was if you were taken certain prescribed drugs and the testers always asked pre test if you were taking anything. (and don't speedway riders have to declare prior to a meeting any strong prescribed drugs they are taking?)

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 4:26 PM, HGould said:

Don't in any way condone the use of drugs, recreational or more serious.

I couldn't care less if people take soft drugs recreationally. Plenty do, and I suspect if you conducted a random test of the whole UK population, you'd find a high percentage who do indulge in it and function perfectly well in their jobs. So not sure why people expect speedway riders to be any different.

Of course, it's different to be under the influence if you're actually riding - the same as alcohol - although the likes of cannabis hangs around in the body long after it's had any deleterious effect. 

It sounds like Garrity doing harder stuff though, which is a different matter.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby