British Speedway Forum
ch958

Jason Garrity

3 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Of course it is. Even high profile athletes got away with it for years. 

In his book Mike Tyson mentions a wizzer. A fake penis filled with “clean” urine for athletes to use when providing samples. Where there’s a will to cheat there’s a way. 

59 minutes ago, orion said:

Shawn and Kelly done ok

Yes. I should have thought about them , especially as I’ve read Kelly’s biography. I suppose that sort of answers my question. Who was the rider Kelly Shared a flat with, who was on the way down when Kelly was on the way up ? I think it was Chris Pusey. It seems he was off his head with booze all the time, and was supposed to have been a bad influence on Kelly. As if...:D

Both Morans seem to have wasted both their talent and their lives with the stuff though. It seems Michael Lee was not exactly a stranger to it either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Yes but illogical decisions and turning on riders on the straights are not going to win world championships. I can understand that certain irresponsible looneys take the stuff in any walk of life but does it actually enhance a riders ability on the track ? I would have thought not.  

You've answered your own question. If you took a drug that made you more relaxed you   would be more likely to go for  the ever decreasing gap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Yes but illogical decisions and turning on riders on the straights are not going to win world championships. I can understand that certain irresponsible looneys take the stuff in any walk of life but does it actually enhance a riders ability on the track ? I would have thought not.  

“The point is Speedway is a funny sport and a lot of it is mind games”

you previously said that, some substances help create a higher sense of confidence. 

One of if not the greatest ever football players was a known user of cocaine. In instances it will lead to an accelerated level of performance. 

58 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

You've answered your own question. If you took a drug that made you more relaxed you   would be more likely to go for  the ever decreasing gap.

or a gap that was not even there !

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 10:30 AM, NeilWatson said:

Jesper B Jensen, 11th July 2007

JBJ didn’t ride for Panthers in 2007

19 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

no but he rode for Oxford

Edited by stevehone

3 minutes ago, stevehone said:

no but he rode for Oxford

11th July 2007 was Poole v Peterborough, JBJ wasn’t in either team .

2 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

“The point is Speedway is a funny sport and a lot of it is mind games”

you previously said that, some substances help create a higher sense of confidence. 

One of if not the greatest ever football players was a known user of cocaine. In instances it will lead to an accelerated level of performance. 

Same with darts. It doesn't make you more "accurate", but once you get that supreme confidence, and removes EVERY doubt in your head, it does - as you say - lead to an accelerated level of performance.

• Thanks 1

Lets not forget that many many rider's are using Snus / Snuff & blatantly making requests for purchases on social media. 

Some will say it's only nicotine but it's used to heighten senses & believe it improves performance. An illegal substance in Europe but never ever gets talked about. 

This is still cheating & as bad as any rider that does class A/B substances imo. 

9 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Sure it was Jespers carb.

Can't remember opposition but remember machine examiner being asked to do random checks.

Found the carb to be outside of tolerances.

Even referee checked it and agreed.

But when Jim McMillan checked it was deemed to be ok.

9 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

This is my source, but I don’t have more details to hand.

FC3E0249-4B12-4CC5-B466-AB2FB7337690.jpeg

Sure it was JBJ around 2005

26 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Sure it was JBJ around 2005

You are correct

It seems the original link I found was incorrect or incomplete.

I remember that I was at the meeting as Peterborough Promoter, but it seems that's all I remember without help :-)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/speedway-jesper-gets-the-all-clear-554227 

It was a TV meeting

15th August 2005

Poole 44

1. Bjarne Pedersen 2, 2, 1', 2, 2' = 9+2
2. Matej Ferjan 0, 1', 1, 2 = 4+1
3. Ryan Sullivan 0, 3, 0, 1 = 4
4. Antonio Lindback 3, 2', 2, 3, 3 = 13+1
5. Leigh Adams (G) 2, 2, 3, 0 = 7
6. Tomas Suchanek 2, 0, 0 = 2
7. Edward Kennett R, 1', 3, 0, 1 = 5+1

Peterborough 46

1. Peter Karlsson 3, 1, 2, 3 = 9
2. Henning Bager 1, 0, T, 1' = 2+1
3. Jesper B Jensen 1', 1, 3, 2', 0 = 7+2
4. Sam Ermolenko 2, 3, F, 0, 1 = 6
5. Ales Dryml 0, 3, 3, 1 = 7
6. Daniel Davidsson 1, 0, 0 = 1
7. Lukas Dryml 3, 3, 2, 1, 3, 2 = 14

(courtesy Speedway Updates)

Edited by NeilWatson

23 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

I think enough has been said now and we should  not utter or mention his name again.... purely as a respect to the pensioners that he terrorised

The one saving grace for the sport is that speedway didn’t get a mention in the reports as it being Garrity’s profession. Thought it would have been the headline, to be honest... and shows the irrelevance of speedway in today’s media world.

Edited by moxey63