British Speedway Forum
ch958

Jason Garrity

14 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

Wow, this thread has gone spectacularly off-track when you look back to page one.

as all threads do , 

Edited by jenga
lockdown goss , starts thursday .
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 8:41 AM, iainb said:

Speedway is not a reflection of society though is it and that's part of it's problem imo. You can count the number of "BAME" people involved in the sport on one hand, Women? Can anybody name more than 5? Nobody in Speedway is Gay? The crowd is, in the majority, aging and male

Similar to all motorsport then from what I've seen.

• Like 1

Having known Garrity since his Coventry days, I always found him to be obliging and friendly whenever I saw him. Always shook my hand or hugged me, asked how I was and how the family was. He always tried hard with his social skills and tried to do his bit for the fans. Obviously nobody can condone what he has done and the punishment in prison is absolutely the correct decision. I really hope the people he terrorised can get on with their life in some sort of normal capacity tho God knows how difficult that might be. I'm certainly not going to defend anything he has done because you can't, but I do think he was someone who was easily led into trouble and once you get involved in drugs its a really tough road back.

• Like 7

On 11/1/2020 at 8:16 AM, Noodles said:

On 11/2/2020 at 10:39 AM, Richard Weston said:

Thank you.

Looks like an excellent programme for the apprentices - including running your business. 

Its a shame that the Poultec stuff seems to have been hidden amongst a thread for a someone convicted of an evil crime.  The Poultec scheme looks an excellent programme for young riders and they deserve lots of positive coverage for it imo

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lioness said:

Its a shame that the Poultec stuff seems to have been hidden amongst a thread for a someone convicted of an evil crime.  The Poultec scheme looks an excellent programme for young riders and they deserve lots of positive coverage for it imo

You are quite right. I have started a new Poultec thread so the Apprenticeship scheme can get proper publicity and is not tainted by JG

• Like 3

Nice one Richard :)

any fans sending jase garrity a x mas card for 2020.?  Scunthorpe fans must shirley be sending   something in the post . maybe a wee cake with a blunt file in it . i think the term for a blunt file is  pinned .   merry christmas to all ..

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jenga said:

any fans sending jase garrity a x mas card for 2020.?  Scunthorpe fans must shirley be sending   something in the post . maybe a wee cake with a blunt file in it . i think the term for a blunt file is  pinned .   merry christmas to all ..

at least he is getting a decent Christmas Lunch.:D and a few more !!

He probably wishes it could be Christmas every day. But the Slade for him is more HMP than Noddy Holder. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Fromafar said:

at least he is getting a decent Christmas Lunch.:D and a few more !!

...and hopefully a few more Christmas Lunches beyond this year at Her Majesty's pleasure.

On 12/11/2020 at 10:29 PM, jenga said:

Move on Jenga, Garrity didn't ride for the Scorpions, his last club was Birmingham- even shirley knows that!

3 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Move on Jenga, Garrity didn't ride for the Scorpions, his last club was Birmingham- even shirley knows that!

sure he rode for the scorps in 2018 !   i will ask shirley when i see him. ..