British Speedway Forum
ch958

Jason Garrity

As recorded above he has had to undergo a "Random" drug test more often than most. 

Now whilst I will never defend an offence that is proven I don't believe he was using any form of drug whilst he was racing. I will agree that he is hyper & over active giving the impression that he might be a user but his tests have been clear & he was never the only one tested but he was the one most often chosen at "Random". Given the results I will happily say he is not a drug user & lets be fair he is not on trial for drug related offences.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Technik said:

As recorded above he has had to undergo a "Random" drug test more often than most. 

Now whilst I will never defend an offence that is proven I don't believe he was using any form of drug whilst he was racing. I will agree that he is hyper & over active giving the impression that he might be a user but his tests have been clear & he was never the only one tested but he was the one most often chosen at "Random". Given the results I will happily say he is not a drug user & lets be fair he is not on trial for drug related offences.

Thank you for further factual background. Reading between the lines, is it possible to be a drug user but it not be detected by tests with enough foresight and planning? And even if it is, the rider involved does not strike me as someone who could institute such a highly disciplined regime.

I guess people have "assumed" hyper behaviour indicated drug use which in turn lead him to try and obtain money in an easily discovered way on his doorstep. Coupled with the vunerable nature of the victims has resulted in the less than sympathic response on here. You certainly don't get sentenced to 7½ years in prison for a minor offence.

If funding a drug use wasn't the motivation, what the hell was the perpetrator thinking?

I think enough has been said now and we should  not utter or mention his name again.... purely as a respect to the pensioners that he terrorised

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 2

I seem to remember when Ward got banned for alcohol in his system at the Latvian GP, there were a couple of riders who said then what they should be testing for more often is drugs. As certain drugs make you lose you inhibitions leading to crazy and dangerous riding that will/has caused serious injuries (sound familiar?).

How do they even find out when random tests are taking place I thought that was the whole idea of being random, maybe we need to go the same way as athletics and other professional sports, miss x tests you get an automatic ban. 

3 hours ago, Technik said:

He was on trial for worse offences and found guilty!!! 
Just because he wasn’t caught at Speedway means nothing.Never turned up  when when on them IMO.Total Waster.

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

Reading between the lines, is it possible to be a drug user but it not be detected by tests with enough foresight and planning?

Of course it is. Even high profile athletes got away with it for years. 

• Like 1

His career highlight was a race on the TV when he beat Doyle, the reality is Doyle barely bothered his arse because he wanted to race tomorrow and could see Garrity racing like a complete rocket in front on him.

An absolute arse of a boy on a speedway bike. 

• Like 2

On a slightly different point , is there any evidence that drugs actually enhance a riders performance on a bike ?

I get it with athletes that use the stuff to build muscles during training, but what would it  actually do for a rider in a race?

The point is Speedway is a funny sport and a lot of it is mind games. If one rider does something or makes some modification to his bike others will copy even though it makes no difference, they just convince themselves it does.

9 minutes ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

His career highlight was a race on the TV when he beat Doyle, the reality is Doyle barely bothered his arse because he wanted to race tomorrow and could see Garrity racing like a complete rocket in front on him.

An absolute arse of a boy on a speedway bike. 

Or, as Andreas Jonsson laconically put it “ He’s a bit wild “. 
Quite :D

4 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

On a slightly different point , is there any evidence that drugs actually enhance a riders performance on a bike ?

I get it with athletes that use the stuff to build muscles during training, but what would it  actually do for a rider in a race?

Depends on what was used, cocaine would give a completely false sense of confidence and ramp up every emotion in a rider resulting in rash, illogical decisions, turning on riders down straights etc....

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

2 hours ago, Hacksaw Jim Duggan said:

Depends on what was used, cocaine would give a completely false sense of confidence and ramp up every emotion in a rider resulting in rash, illogical decisions, turning on riders down straights etc....

Yes but illogical decisions and turning on riders on the straights are not going to win world championships. I can understand that certain irresponsible looneys take the stuff in any walk of life but does it actually enhance a riders ability on the track ? I would have thought not.  

I wonder if Jason had contact with Jerran Hart yet inside .

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Yes but illogical decisions and turning on riders on the straights are not going to win world championships. I can understand that certain irresponsible looneys take the stuff in any walk of life but does it actually enhance a riders ability on the track ? I would have thought not.  

Shawn and Kelly done ok

5 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

I think enough has been said now and we should  not utter or mention his name again.... purely as a respect to the pensioners that he terrorised

Again, I'm not an apologist for Garrity but just a point of fact... the victim's ages have not been disclosed, one of the victims is described as "an elderly woman"