British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

MORE POLISH LEAGUE INTERFERENCE

51 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Why don't the BSPA insert a clause into the contracts of all British riders that if a Polish club wants to sign them in the future, there is a buyout clause. If Poland want to sign British riders in the future, British clubs should be compensated. 

Interesting comment - but would not Polish clubs perhaps make a similar case in regard to their riders wanted by British clubs?

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

Interesting comment - but would not Polish clubs perhaps make a similar cause in regard to their riders wanted by British clubs?

I doubt you will see any Polish riders in Britain in the future, if the Polish leagues insist on riders signing for only one team, which is on the horizon the way things are  going. I think because of cost cutting, British clubs will need to look for home grown riders.

• Like 3

On 12/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, f-s-p said:

Some people here keep talking about restriction of trade and all that crap. PZM ruling is just that, a clause in a contract is a riders choice.

The moment a rider signs a contract, they know the rules (or at least they should) and have therefore agreed to them. They can’t then claim restriction of trade when they have knowingly agreed to it.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2020 at 9:48 PM, topsoil said:

I doubt you will see any Polish riders in Britain in the future, if the Polish leagues insist on riders signing for only one team, which is on the horizon the way things are  going. I think because of cost cutting, British clubs will need to look for home grown riders.

The Polish League’s are going to be pretty competitive regarding signing Foreign Riders any Brits fancying their chances of decent money there compared to Home in GB better watch what they are signing up too.IMO

There have been a few ripped off over the years( and they were top men).

The biggest worry that the Polish league is going to have possibly in the future is losing GP riders, Although I have not seen the plans & ideas  first hand I have it on good authority that in the long term Discovery Events want to add maybe 8-10 more GPs and have ideas of having riders on central contracts so they ride in GP series and a World Cup style event.

I think most riders would be happy to do this if they can have a more guaranteed income from less meetings but will have more travellling

10 hours ago, flagrag said:

The biggest worry that the Polish league is going to have possibly in the future is losing GP riders, Although I have not seen the plans & ideas  first hand I have it on good authority that in the long term Discovery Events want to add maybe 8-10 more GPs and have ideas of having riders on central contracts so they ride in GP series and a World Cup style event.

I think most riders would be happy to do this if they can have a more guaranteed income from less meetings but will have more travellling

IT is no secret that as part of their bid to the FIM for the commercial rights of the World Championship and other events Discovery proposed to take the SGP to many new countries but that could turn out to be a fool's errand. Speedway is a hard sell to the uninitiated and especially to countries where there are no 'home' riders available. Cannot see central contracts working either. 

22 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT is no secret that as part of their bid to the FIM for the commercial rights of the World Championship and other events Discovery proposed to take the SGP to many new countries but that could turn out to be a fool's errand. Speedway is a hard sell to the uninitiated and especially to countries where there are no 'home' riders available. Cannot see central contracts working either. 

Well said Phil. Covers most of the opinions I have on this theme.

Edited by Guest

i think we should take the view that if poland stops their young riders racing in gb then thats their loss,also if average british riders think they can succeed  in poland they are being naive and misguided.British speedway can indeed prosper without "top stars" as an example british superbikes is a very successful and profitable competition even though everyone knows the top riders are in moto gp,moto2 or wsb,also british riders would know theyd have no chance of moving up until they were at least top 3 in bsb .If a truly talented british speedway rider emerges theres still a route to the top through the gp qualifiers,finish top6 in gps then you can demand the mega bucks from the poles.  

• Like 3

On 11/4/2020 at 12:18 PM, Daniel Smith said:

The only rider of the top of my that may have a tug at the heart string will be Bewley at Belle Vue.

:t:

On 11/19/2020 at 12:50 PM, mikebv said:

I think last season could prove be the best, and most important, Dan has had so far in his career..

This is a 'kid' who has pretty much beaten all his peer group non stop from being under 16, with a good many 'scalps' of riders much older..

All of a sudden last season in Poland saw him riding loads of last places which would have been a huge shock to his system I would imagine...

As would Dan finding out the actual level of "Polish Speed" you need your bikes to have to be competitive over there (and therefore also on the 'World Stage')..

Wroclaw obviously see something in him to give him another go and hopefully next season he starts the way he finished the last..

Maybe in a few years time he will look back on last season as the one that truly opened his eyes to what is needed to be globally successful, and will be reaping the benefits of learning from it and will have raised his game on the back of it to the level needed...

At least we know, given fast equipment, Dan can do it, he's a natural, he just needs the money to sort his equipment, let's hope old Wuffy helps him along the way eh ....

Well now there has been an approved vaccine developed in the UK, I wonder if the Poles will change their attitude towards sharing.

1 hour ago, ShyTalk said:

Well now there has been an approved vaccine developed in the UK, I wonder if the Poles will change their attitude towards sharing.

no

On 12/28/2020 at 7:50 AM, Trees said:

At least we know, given fast equipment, Dan can do it, he's a natural, he just needs the money to sort his equipment, let's hope old Wuffy helps him along the way eh ....

IN SS this week... Tai says he is backing Dan in Wroclaw this year, his mechanics will set up his bikes, use Tai's engines, etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IN SS this week... Tai says he is backing Dan in Wroclaw this year, his mechanics will set up his bikes, use Tai's engines, etc

That is great news for Dan and a big thumbs up to Tai.