British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

MORE POLISH LEAGUE INTERFERENCE

6 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Surely all the top riders have already fled the UK and are riding in Poland in 2021?  Realistically, did anyone honestly expect to ever see Woffinden Lambert etc etc ride in UK speedway again ? 

As soon as Bewdly gets an offer he will be offski.  Brennon won't be far behind.

And  Chris von Strasse at Wolves still wants more team in the  PLin 2022. he he he funny chap.   Where's your riders coming from Chris ?  - and please don't say the NDL..... last time I looked there were just 6 teams left standing there.

Yep. It all starts at the bottom, and cash rules the roost. I don’t care what anyone says, money rules and only becomes an issue when you’ve got too much of it. Then greed takes over. 

It’s the devil and the deep blue sea for speedway in this country. There is no win, not without some major backing and the disbandment of the association first.

5 hours ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

So Poland's best footballer earns Zmarzlik's annual wage in 2 weeks.

So much for speedway being Poland's 'national sport'. :lol:

I’ve just called someone out for engaging you in another thread so I’ll apologise for contradicting myself because that’s rude of me, but this post really amused me.

Its all relative, speedway isn’t Polands National sport it’s a sport like it is here but just pays way more than we do. It’s not a rational comparison for you to make. Football drives huge revenue across the world, speedway does not do that, but when it gets close to being relative it will become successful, and Poland is the prime example of that just on a way smaller scale.

We could do what Poland do here, if your going to relate it to wages, but without people sitting in the seats to pay it then it ain’t happening. Different social climate in the UK vs Polska.

You don’t half chat some rubbish 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, acef said:

You don’t half chat some rubbish 

Ya think???

On 1/18/2021 at 6:20 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

I am a firm believer in "what goes around comes around. "

It is Poland's time to rule the roost in the Speedway World at the moment. 

Let us hope when the "bubble bursts" , when the Polish supporters find other things to do with their leisure time, and their  TV companies find another sport to put on their channelthat the GB promoters are just  as robust in imposing punitive conditions on the contracts of riders who decide that they suddenly want to return to ride in the UK.

As a now independent Sovereign nation we ought to be developing our own riding talent ...... and imposing contract conditions to restrict their ability to suddenly sign up for  EU nations and quit the tracks where they learnt how to race. No longer are we saddled with EU employment rules.

I don't think the Polish bubble will burst speedway in Poland has been successfully ran with huge crowds for decades, the sport has great foundations over there. That's what makes it so attractive to the big companies & TV companies.

Success breed's success and the Polish governing body sure know how to run a professional sport.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I don't think the Polish bubble will burst speedway in Poland has been successfully ran with huge crowds for decades, the sport has great foundations over there. That's what makes it so attractive to the big companies & TV companies.

Success breed's success and the Polish governing body sure know how to run a professional sport.

To be fair the Polish authorities are not that clever...

They hold just one meeting a year and this is held a week after the UK promoters AGM....

At their meeting the Poles list all the UK regulations agreed at that UK AGM for the coming season (well agreed for a week or two of the season at least)...

The Poles cover each regulation in turn in microscopic detail...

Before ensuring they implement absolutely none of the same ones in their regulations....  :D

• Haha 4