British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

MORE POLISH LEAGUE INTERFERENCE

On 12/28/2020 at 7:50 AM, Trees said:

At least we know, given fast equipment, Dan can do it, he's a natural, he just needs the money to sort his equipment, let's hope old Wuffy helps him along the way eh ....

Dan holds the track record at Belle Vue, on his own bike.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 7:50 AM, Trees said:

At least we know, given fast equipment, Dan can do it, he's a natural, he just needs the money to sort his equipment, let's hope old Wuffy helps him along the way eh ....

Not really sure why its woffindens responsibility to help anyone?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, therefused said:

Helping a Polish teammate!!

22 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Helping a Polish teammate!!

Not a responsibility though is it? Good on him for doing it, and I expect it’s for the benefit of GB too. 

2 hours ago, therefused said:

It’s his prerogative surely ,nothing to do with anything else.

4 hours ago, therefused said:

perhaps he is just a nice guy and done from is heart :rofl: and why wouldn't he want to help Dan ? it's to his benefit also if they win the league i'm sure there is big fat bonus waiting for them :party::t:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, therefused said:

Not his responsibility but as they are team mates and fellow Brits just thought he might give him a few tips along the way, simple as that!  

10 hours ago, geoff58 said:

perhaps he is just a nice guy and done from is heart :rofl: and why wouldn't he want to help Dan ? it's to his benefit also if they win the league i'm sure there is big fat bonus waiting for them :party::t:

wonder if it's something Wroclaw fund on the stipulation Tai's team help Dan, makes sense, and if Tai is willing to comply then it's win win for Wroclaw & SGB

Reading the Speedway Star this week and the proposed "huge" TV contract being negotiated for 2022, and the possible ten team top league, I would think there could be even more 'interference' from Poland...

Their second division too, is drawing very good viewing figures so is looking to get more from their deal as well...

Even more reason to 'go it alone' over here I would think and be in charge of your own destiny...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Reading the Speedway Star this week and the proposed "huge" TV contract being negotiated for 2022, and the possible ten team top league, I would think there could be even more 'interference' from Poland...

Their second division too, is drawing very good viewing figures so is looking to get more from their deal as well...

Even more reason to 'go it alone' over here I would think and be in charge of your own destiny...

I work with some Polish people, when I mention Speedway to them they all seem to have similar answers. Speedway in Poland is not national, the area where Speedway tracks mostly are is where the fans are. The majority of Poland are not really interested. This is what they tell me when I try to get them to visit the NSS.

8 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I work with some Polish people, when I mention Speedway to them they all seem to have similar answers. Speedway in Poland is not national, the area where Speedway tracks mostly are is where the fans are. The majority of Poland are not really interested. This is what they tell me when I try to get them to visit the NSS.

There are many people within this country that literally despise and can’t stand football. Doesn’t stop it being a national sport though.

1 minute ago, hyderd said:

Similar to the likes of Rugby Union and F1 over here I would suggest..

The vast majority of the nation aren't interested but they seem to get top level sponsors, excellent TV deals, and strong viewing numbers..

The Star mentioned a TV deal of £24 million for the top division which suggests more than enough of Poland has an interest to warrant the TV companies outbidding  each other to tender that sort of money...

• Like 1

I know nothing about Polish T/V but I would like to take a guess that they get better coverage on their sports programmes than the sports channels in this country

all they think about is Football  which is upper cr@p when you think about it    football is shown 24/7  no wonder  it is popular     But what it is 20 men/women running up the field and back again for 90 mins and in most cases gaining nothing,

14 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

I know nothing about Polish T/V but I would like to take a guess that they get better coverage on their sports programmes than the sports channels in this country

all they think about is Football  which is upper cr@p when you think about it    football is shown 24/7  no wonder  it is popular     But what it is 20 men/women running up the field and back again for 90 mins and in most cases gaining nothing,

They show 'magazine' type programmes on both channels that show the top league during the week where they discuss the last round of matches and the matches coming up that weekend...

Lots of coverage dedicated to the sport..