British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ch958

What are they doing now?

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

I think Joe Screen top Ace rider runs a pets home in Warrington area 

I'm sure you are correct...I recall an article in "Backtrack" some years ago where he had stables with some horses.

On 11/19/2020 at 4:19 PM, Speedtiger said:

I think Joe Screen top Ace rider runs a pets home in Warrington area 

Joe actually runs Daresbury Boarding Kennels and looks after my dogs when I am away.

I was at his place a couple of week ago and he was telling me that he had attended Alan Wilkinson's funeral and there weren't many there.

Joe is a top guy.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Little Thumper said:

Joe actually runs Daresbury Boarding Kennels and looks after my dogs when I am away.

I was at his place a couple of week ago and he was telling me that he had attended Alan Wilkinson's funeral and there weren't many there.

Joe is a top guy.

There wouldnt be many there bex=cause of the covid-19 rules. This shouldnt detract from the fact Wilkie was a popular guy.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

There wouldnt be many there bex=cause of the covid-19 rules. This shouldnt detract from the fact Wilkie was a popular guy.

I witnessed Alan's accident in 1978 at Hyde Road and all I can say is that thankfully, the way fallen riders are now dealt with means that they are considerably less likely to suffer such life-changing injuries.

I spoke to Alan a couple of times in the pits when he visited the Dog Bowl and whilst not the easiest person to talk to, his courage was immense.

If you live anywhere near Warrington, this is the place for your next dog's holiday

http://daresburyboarding.co.uk/

5 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Well, I live near Warrington, probably 15 mile from Daresbury, but, I don’t have a dog.

If you have a pussy they are most welcome.

Ah, love dogs but cats are the best. 10 years ago we moved from Warrington, where we live now near Chester we could take the two cats we then had (usually had three at a time) but when they died we couldn’t replace them. Long time since gone and don half miss them.

2 BV legends, not 100% sure think Peter Collins is in wedding car hire....well he was. Not seen him at BV for a few years since his mate Chris Morton left. Think Mort might be doing insurance-finance? 

Edited by Speedtiger

22 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

2 BV legends, not 100% sure think Peter Collins is in wedding car hire....well he was. Not seen him at BV for a few years since his mate Chris Morton left. Think Mort might be doing insurance-finance? 

Did PC not fall-out  with them over who should be allowed free admission,a few years back.

Went to a wedding in Cheshire a good few years ago and to my surprise PC was doing the cars - had a nice chat with him and he signed my invitation- still got it somewhere - a lovely bloke!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Did PC not fall-out  with them over who should be allowed free admission,a few years back.

Someone asked Chris Morton on Tuesday had him and pc settled their differences and the answer was a definite no. 
this was a lee Ashby Facebook chat.  

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Someone asked Chris Morton on Tuesday had him and pc settled their differences and the answer was a definite no. 
this was a lee Ashby Facebook chat.  

A pity...

Life is far too short to keep holding grudges.. 

• Like 3