British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hamish McRaker

Godfrey's 16

On 11/21/2020 at 8:36 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Well the way riders are signing for Polish teams and with other riders who are falling by the way side it looks like the 16 names Rob Godfrey has come up with might just come in handy eh...

Wonder if he can conjure up another 16 British names of say riders who have retired in the last 10 years and we can run a blended league of young kids and veterans...

Names on a post card...

Joe Screen. James Grieves. Stuart Robson. Adam Roynon. Lee Complin. Paul Clews. Andrew Tully. The Branney Boys. Jamie Courtney. Craig Watson. Gary Irving.  Leigh Lanham. Dsvid Howe. Paul Cooper. Chris Schramm...

There ya go 16... and there are many more... just to stir things up a bit like...

Regards 

THJ 

Wonder if any of the above 16 list are in contention for a space around the tracks due to brexit possibly making it difficult for foreing riders coming  in 2021 

Edited by pienpeesman
Error

8 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Wonder if any of the above 16 list are in contention for a space around the tracks due to brexit possibly making it difficult for foreing riders coming  in 2021 

A see ya trying to do biggish words mate, just say 'forrin', we'll get it, lol :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A see ya trying to do biggish words mate, just say 'forrin', we'll get it, lol :D

How about UN ENGLISH

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Benji Compton has had a bike built from SWR mmmmmmm wonder if he would make a full time track return as he does road racing & he's a canny hand at that

17 hours ago, StevePark said:

An ex-Newcastle rider (who shall remain nameless), used to get in for free at Newcastle, but spoilt it at first by bringing his wife and kids, but then the kids would bring their mates and their mates' family too.  It got totally stupid and was soon put a stop to.

A member of the WSRA can get in to all tracks for free.  But I know members of that, that aren't ex-riders!

I'm a member and it's the first time I've heard that. Former riders who were members could get a Gold Card for an exta £5 which allowed them free entry if they were accompanied by a full paying adult but it was scrapped.

Don't know if it still does but the riders licence entitled them addmitance to a seat in the stand subject to availability.

As has been noted many times, Berwick speedway have for years issued free lifetime passes to any rider who has ever raced as a Bandit (excluding guests!) be it for 400+ matches (Rob Grant) or just one like Manuel Hauzinger (30 yards).    

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

As has been noted many times, Berwick speedway have for years issued free lifetime passes to any rider who has ever raced as a Bandit (excluding guests!) be it for 400+ matches (Rob Grant) or just one like Manuel Hauzinger (30 yards).    

Hauzinger !  Did he ever complete a full 4 laps & I remember him at Newcastle doing as ken Dodd said NOT A LOT

11 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Hauzinger !  Did he ever complete a full 4 laps & I remember him at Newcastle doing as ken Dodd said NOT A LOT

Ken Dodd? ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

46 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Ken Dodd? ;)

Honestly 

I told pienpeesman Ken Dodd rode for Newcastle in the late 60's and pp said "Diddy" and I said no  "Doddy"

Boom Boom...

Sorry couldn't help me self...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 2

One of the riders on THJ list of 16 has been offered a team place for 2021 according to speedway star, it's Adam roynan

37 minutes ago, Neila said:

One of the riders on THJ list of 16 has been offered a team place for 2021 according to speedway star, it's Adam roynan

Hey man that's a big secret that no one is supposed to know about... where's that in the SS...

Regards 

THJ 

17 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hey man that's a big secret that no one is supposed to know about... where's that in the SS...

Regards 

THJ 

Page 12 under headline roynon back, can't be much of a secret then :D but knowing the said person he will be trying to get a better deal off another club !!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Nope.  Went into the first corner in his first ride - fell off - never rode for Berwick again.