British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

The track at the NSS is arguably the best in world speedway.

I'm just blown away each time I go there with the quality of racing, the passing & the moves pulled. 

Don't get me wrong I go to other tracks in GB and see some fantastic racing but for me the NSS is a solid 10 :t:

With the weather at least with an earlier start time it gives an option to delay if the rain falls 'at the right time'!

Rain or not I guess your gonna need your thermals, yer Long John's and yer Nora Batty's :party:

I did a season at BV while working up that way a year or two back and you're right it is a fantastic Speedway track, but...

It doesn't react to rain water too well and becomes over grippy if it gets too much, refer to day one of the SoN/SWC a few years back gate and go heaven, day 2 was fantastic though. And I do like to go to the BHM meetings with a noon start... not seen a good one yet, I hope this Monday will be different.

14 minutes ago, iainb said:

I did a season at BV while working up that way a year or two back and you're right it is a fantastic Speedway track, but...

It doesn't react to rain water too well and becomes over grippy if it gets too much, refer to day one of the SoN/SWC a few years back gate and go heaven, day 2 was fantastic though. And I do like to go to the BHM meetings with a noon start... not seen a good one yet, I hope this Monday will be different.

Belle Vue Colts v Stoke.

Thunderstorm about 6.30 pm….. track saturated….. most tracks that would be the end.

The track was left until about 8pm….work completed on the track…the track does drain very well and you could see the shale gradually getting lighter as the water drained off.

Meeting completed.

I agree when there is prolonged heavy rain prior to a meeting the track is very grippy everywhere.

1 minute ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Belle Vue Colts v Stoke.

Thunderstorm about 6.30 pm….. track saturated….. most tracks that would be the end.

The track was left until about 8pm….work completed on the track…the track does drain very well and you could see the shale gradually getting lighter as the water drained off.

Meeting completed.

I agree when there is prolonged heavy rain prior to a meeting the track is very grippy everywhere.

Yes, don't disagree that the track can take rain to get a meeting on and done... it's just that the racing tends to be rubbish in my experience

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Bank Holiday meeting Aces v Leicester a few years back was a cracking meeting. 

Although Aces hit 60 points the racing was off the charts! :t:

Even my mate, who is a Lions fan, went to the NSS for the first time and remarked how much he had enjoyed it despite the score. 

Any track can have it's duff meetings I guess, wasn't a fan of Kirky Lane altho when Mark Burrows held off Tomasz Gollob for 3 laps there in '98 that's something that I'll never forget. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Yes- semi’s from Daugavpils and finals

Thank you.

On 8/27/2021 at 12:56 PM, psycho3a said:

has the tickets sold out or is the website not working for new ticket sales ?

Definitely sold out all areas now

It’s that long ago that I can’t remember but this is 3 riders with one of them  being under 21 but does the under 21 rider have to take any rides at all. ?

Edited by Bruiser

42 minutes ago, Bruiser said:

It’s that long ago that I can’t remember but this is 3 riders with one of them  being under 21 but does the under 21 rider have to take any rides at all. ?

You are right 2 plus 1 U21 rider who has to have a minimum of 1 ride ( per day) in the finals.

Wish USA still had some world class riders. Let's hope those currently riding can step it up in the next couple of years. Maybe Wilbur Hancock will be the next big American :t:

Never forget Ronnie Correy riding for my home town Long Eaton in '95. That was awesome.