British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Emil has shown a liking for money over titles in the past when he sat out the GP's when he was possibly the best rider in the world along with Woffinden and denied us seeing those two duke it out for the world title... it's while he'll never be world champion

Once he retires and looks back on his speedway career I am sure he will regret that decision he made to skip the GPs. Ok he has 2 European Championships to his name, but it could possibly have been 2 World Championship titles, plus the first Russian world champion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Emil has shown a liking for money over titles in the past when he sat out the GP's when he was possibly the best rider in the world along with Woffinden and denied us seeing those two duke it out for the world title... it's while he'll never be world champion

Emil was owed a lot of money at the time I understand and hadn't got the funds to get his equipment up to the required level of winning a world title. 

The Russian federation don't seemingly want to back their riders. Shame Roman Abramovich or someone of his ilk can't/won't spare some loose change like a couple of million to support the sport.

Edited by PirateShip

It does surprise me that there isn't a fine, or is there?, for fielding an under strength team (pair) for the relevant federation. If every nation had problems with their best riders deciding not to ride or not being picked then the SON would soon become a farce. Matej Zagar as also pulled out but I guess with Slovenia not really having a chance of winning it seems to have been overlooked.

Top 2 teams from each semi after the 21 heats qualify for the final. In each semi there is a race 22 where the 3rd and 4th teams meet with the winners also reaching the final.

confirmation scoring this year is 4, 3, 2, 0

Named U21 rider has to have 1 ride minimum.

Edited by racers and royals

I seem to have missed something. What is the reason for Sayfutdinov and Laguna not competing?.

2 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

I seem to have missed something. What is the reason for Sayfutdinov and Laguna not competing?.

From what i remember its lack of support from the Russian speedway authorities for costs and logistics.

• Thanks 1

Are they building temporary stands again for Manchester? 

If not hope they do and realise extra tickets from a selfish point of view as looking to now attend.

Surely now Bewley is a cert pick for the SON after another 15pt MAX at the NSS! 

WOFFINDEN BEWLEY BRENNAN 

No brainer! :t:

I`m not sure why the FIM and BSI/IMG  are slow at informing the public these days- final teams for the SON semi`s( 2+ U21) have to be finalised 6 days before the event - surely it`s time for them to be announced !!!

8 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Surely now Bewley is a cert pick for the SON after another 15pt MAX at the NSS! 

WOFFINDEN BEWLEY BRENNAN 

No brainer! :t:

I don't disagree but I'm not sure a 15 point max that he should be getting with his eyes closed anyway would sway anyone's thoughts.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't disagree but I'm not sure a 15 point max that he should be getting with his eyes closed anyway would sway anyone's thoughts.

Fair point but it is one of several that he's had there this season. It certainly seemed to be pleasing Steady on tv last week as he was laughing and joking with him during and after the meeting after a 14+1 paid max. 

Proving his consistency of getting them around there is a step above one maximum & that wud sway my thoughts. 

Plus he's the track record holder. 

It is tho a tough call for wot I believe is a straight choice between him and Lambert SEC Champion & GP rider. 

Gotta be Bewley, surely? 

Better choose Tai coz I got me Tai Woffinden starter kit ready to wear! :party:

Anywayz I know Tai is definitely over ere in October so not to pick him wud be like well a bit silly really :rofl:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Are they building temporary stands again for Manchester? 

If not hope they do and realise extra tickets from a selfish point of view as looking to now attend.

At the moment they can’t, as there is a covid test centre on that bend! We’ve been hoping it would have gone by now but no signs of it leaving yet unfortunately.