British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

What a joke of a meeting. Inclusivity at the expense of competitive racing. An appalling track. Mistake-littered commentary. Altogether a great advert for world-class speedway.

1 hour ago, a4poster said:

Is the first semi-final going to be repeated on BT Sport at anytime as I missed the first showing.

Monday afternoon 4pm-6pm.   But you will regret watching it.

• Haha 1

I thought that Heat 21 Sweden vs Denmark last night was a really good and exciting race.

The meeting was not a classic, I agree, but it was not that bad either. The Americans (Luke Becker) were exciting to watch, and even the Finns had a couple of good moments.

Seems to me that only two riders really struggled with the track conditions, that's Leon Madsen and Pontus Aspgren. Others were riding it really well (Freddie Lindgren was fantastic).   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bavarian said:

Seems to me that only two riders really struggled with the track conditions, that's Leon Madsen and Pontus Aspgren.

So, it's not just me that thought that? Thanks...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bavarian said:

I thought that Heat 21 Sweden vs Denmark last night was a really good and exciting race.

The meeting was not a classic, I agree, but it was not that bad either. The Americans (Luke Becker) were exciting to watch, and even the Finns had a couple of good moments.

Seems to me that only two riders really struggled with the track conditions, that's Leon Madsen and Pontus Aspgren. Others were riding it really well (Freddie Lindgren was fantastic).   

Perhaps they were riding the track well, when they were by themselves. It wasnt a track for fast, close, exciting racing, which is what I thought speedway followers wanted.

2 hours ago, Bavarian said:

35 minutes ago, chunky said:

So, it's not just me that thought that? Thanks...

You were obviously only watching the front of the races, even Bartosz Zmarzlik almost ended up in the fence on the home straight. Rubbish meeting on a terrible track, only good thing was it was finished in time to watch Redcar's stream - great meeting on a proper race track.

Today can only get better with more teams in with a chance of qualifying

• Like 2

Good heat. Cat among the pigeons a little. Maybe I have picked the right night to watch

4 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Good heat. Cat among the pigeons a little. Maybe I have picked the right night to watch

The standard of rider seems a little more equal today, so that should help...