British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

47 minutes ago, acef said:

No bias here, but it should be Bewley. That is based purely on his track knowledge. I’d also say that he has a better chemistry with Tai, it’s a pairs event and those 2 have ridden together all season long. 

I think even outside of that, there is very little between Rob and Dan. You could argue in favour for both of them with a reasonable case. I think Rob is the slightly stronger rider overall but I don’t think that matters because it’s at the NSS, Dans home track and a track he holds the record on.

But like I said before, everything Bewley has done this season around the NSS means nothing. The standard between the British Premiership & SON is night & day, chalk & cheese etc. 

Lambert is in the World top 10

9th in the Ekstraliga averages 

I would have picked Bewley a month ago but Lambert impressed me at both Torun GP's. Pretty sure (and rightly so) swung it for Stead & Allen too

It was purely the partnership with Tai that made me consider Dan over Lambert. Because we know that BSI will ruin the track anyway.

However, we know that the art of team riding is basically none existent in Speedway these days so that discounts that. In the end, I'd have gone with Lambert. 

10 hours ago, RobHowe said:

I understand why some fans are upset at Lambert’s selection over Bewley, but there is - with the greatest respect - a huge difference between beating the likes of Danny King, Richard Lawson and Sam Masters week in week out when compared to competing with world class riders like Zmarzlik, Janowski, Madsen, etc.

As has already been mentioned, Lambert is on form - he’s made the last 3 GP semi finals, his Ekstraliga average is approx 1 point per meeting higher than Bewley and over the last 4 Ekstraliga meetings Lambert scored 20 more points than Bewley.

And he has experience at this level. Bewley doesn’t and the pressure of performing at that level could impact negatively on a young rider.

As we saw last night, on track prepared for the home team, Bewley was still beaten by MPT, Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris. No disrespect to those riders, but as has been pointed out the track won’t be prepared as Belle Vue riders like it so any home track advantage will be very much reduced. Bewley didn’t win the British Final on his home track, so he’s likely to fair less well against much tougher opponents.

Bewley is a great rider and given time will hopefully become one of the best riders in the world. But he isn’t there yet.

it was a tough decision but Lambert is the right partner for Tai IMO.

A fair common sense post.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RobHowe said:

I understand why some fans are upset at Lambert’s selection over Bewley, but there is - with the greatest respect - a huge difference between beating the likes of Danny King, Richard Lawson and Sam Masters week in week out when compared to competing with world class riders like Zmarzlik, Janowski, Madsen, etc.

As has already been mentioned, Lambert is on form - he’s made the last 3 GP semi finals, his Ekstraliga average is approx 1 point per meeting higher than Bewley and over the last 4 Ekstraliga meetings Lambert scored 20 more points than Bewley.

And he has experience at this level. Bewley doesn’t and the pressure of performing at that level could impact negatively on a young rider.

As we saw last night, on track prepared for the home team, Bewley was still beaten by MPT, Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris. No disrespect to those riders, but as has been pointed out the track won’t be prepared as Belle Vue riders like it so any home track advantage will be very much reduced. Bewley didn’t win the British Final on his home track, so he’s likely to fair less well against much tougher opponents.

Bewley is a great rider and given time will hopefully become one of the best riders in the world. But he isn’t there yet.

it was a tough decision but Lambert is the right partner for Tai IMO.

of which bewley does wroclaw and won the polish league and being MOM in 1st leg also finishing above lambert in euro championship !! bewley lknows every track condition there is about NSS also track knowledge !! woffinden only ever done 3/4 competitive meetings there and lambert not been there for 3 years !! having watched all polish matches this season lambert and woffinden have been beaten by lesser riders !!

Edited by NSS1

6 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

having watched all polish matches this season lambert and woffinden have been beaten by lesser riders !!

to be fair, so has Dan around the NSS

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

of which bewley does wroclaw and won the polish league and being MOM in 1st leg also finishing above lambert in euro championship !! bewley lknows every track condition there is about NSS also track knowledge !! woffinden only ever done 3/4 competitive meetings there and lambert not been there for 3 years !! having watched all polish matches this season lambert and woffinden have been beaten by lesser riders !!

2 years, August Bank Holiday Monday in 2019 was his last meeting there. 

Do we need covid passports to enter the stadium ? Any info thanks

55 minutes ago, Neila said:

Do we need covid passports to enter the stadium ? Any info thanks

Belle Vue is in England, it is Wales that is doing the covid passport thing.

14 hours ago, Kedavra said:

It's mind blowing that some are angry at the selection of Lambert. He's in the top 10 in both the GPs and the best league in the world. He was top of his team's averages whereas Bewley was just about 4th. He's has had a good season but Lambert has the experience of top level events. We all know the FIM track prep virtually removes home track knowledge so Lambert is a no brainer for me

To be fair, Dan was in a good team while Robert was in a rubbish team.

Robert was below the top 3 Wroclaw riders in the averages as well :rolleyes:

Can anyone advise the best way to get into town after the meeting, bus, taxi , is there a train station close?

40 minutes ago, bruno said:

Can anyone advise the best way to get into town after the meeting, bus, taxi , is there a train station close?

Plenty of buses from Hyde road to Piccadilly station. bus stop at B and M on Hyde road. Near to the old entrance to the zoo.

• Like 1

Day ticket available for bus, not sure how much, but after the last SON it took me a while to get into the city center, maybe be faster by train 

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Day ticket available for bus, not sure how much, but after the last SON it took me a while to get into the city center, maybe be faster by train 

Thanks for that do you know how far the nearest train station is

49 minutes ago, bruno said:

Thanks for that do you know how far the nearest train station is

10 minutes walk or less, just passed the diamond lodge hotel towards Denton, have a look on Google maps

23 minutes ago, Neila said:

10 minutes walk or less, just passed the diamond lodge hotel towards Denton, have a look on Google maps

Thanks again I'm staying at Diamond Lodge so should be easy enough