British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

2 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Some woke on here needs to help the Speedway Updates out on the golden boy's exclusion.

image.thumb.png.b722e156c8aaab5d5d0405e27f129b8f.png

So you're not the only one who doesn't have a clue, big deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/12/2021 at 6:22 AM, stevehone said:

underestimate Latvia and France at your peril, BIG spoilers and will take points off anyone

Just thought I'd remind people of your prediction, Steve...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KingoftheTrack said:

That's a wrap to Day 1

I've got my Sweden winnings in one pocket and the biters on here in the other pocket.

Happy days.

Glad you have enjoyed yourself son .get yourself to bed son school Monday .  Let the adults pick the bones out of that .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Decent meeting marred by two nasty accidents, best wishes to all the riders involved. Battle for silver and bronze as the gold is on its way to Poland.

Can anybody explain what happens on day 2 are the scores carried forward and do all the teams qualify for tomorrow then what does the winning team have to do to win outright 

thanks

That could and should have been so much better than it was, yes there was excitement but not generated by it being a decent racetrack, quite the opposite imo, poorly prepared and riders were forced to go searching for dirt out by the fence, apart from the odd exception as pointed out.  I love watching riders out wide but it was mainly quite processional.  

That seemed a bit underwhelming for a major speedway event. Predictable from the Poles and the rest can fight it out for the minor placing. I think that this would have been a good opportunity to try Bewley which at least meant that you had one home grown rider who plied his tried in British speedway this year. Let’s hope the track and racing produces a tad more excitement tomorrow. On this showing it will be a long time before GB host this event as it is not exactly a TV spectacle.

Just now, Susans1 said:

Can anybody explain what happens on day 2 are the scores carried forward and do all the teams qualify for tomorrow then what does the winning team have to do to win outright 

thanks

It's total points from two days. The top scoring team is in the final, and the 2nd and 3rd race off to join them. The winners of the final win the championship.

1 minute ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Glad you have enjoyed yourself son .get yourself to bed son school Monday .  Let the adults pick the bones out of that .

SON was ok. 

Shame we didn't get top spot but that's the price we pay when Bewley gets benched.

For anyone who still thinks Bewley should have been in, just remember that Lambert only dropped points on the track in ONE ride...

• Like 3

Some quite enjoyable racing despite the track, though the crashes was horrible.  Lambert justified his selection, they should give him a new watch as a reward.  Top three as expected, but with the Lambert and Woffinden exclusions Poland are already in the final so long as they do not mess up.  Lebedevs performing was expected, but France and Hellstöm Bängs stand out for the effort they put in.  Hopefully a better track tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chunky said:

It's total points from two days. The top scoring team is in the final, and the 2nd and 3rd race off to join them. The winners of the final win the championship.

Bit of a farce the scoring system,any thing to try and stop the Poles winning.While thr track should have been better ,I enjoyed the racing, it certainly wasn’t dangerous,unlike the semi -finals.