British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

5 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

I think that this would have been a good opportunity to try Bewley which at least meant that you had one home grown rider who plied his tried in British speedway this year.

No. If you think he was a better choice than either Lambert or Woffinden then fair enough.  But it is a championship final, you do not try someone out or reward league choices, you pick the best two riders so you have the best chance of winning it.

4 minutes ago, chunky said:

For anyone who still thinks Bewley should have been in, just remember that Lambert only dropped points on the track in ONE ride...

But failed to score in 40% of his programmed rides. :t:

Just now, someone said:

No. If you think he was a better choice than either Lambert or Woffinden then fair enough.  But it is a championship final, you do not try someone out or reward league choices, you pick the best two riders so you have the best chance of winning it.

I think he is better than Lambert.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hawk127 said:

I think he is better than Lambert.

You think he is one of the World's Top 10 riders?

7 minutes ago, someone said:

Lambert justified his selection, they should give him a new watch as a reward.

Again, from what I saw - and apparently most others saw - he was first to the tapes, and even if he wasn't "ready" to race, neither was Woffinden.

• Like 2

Hellstom Bangs was impressive, no lack of effort  for very  little reward.Good expieriance for him though.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 4

Just now, Fromafar said:

Hellstom Bangs was impressive, no lack of effort  forvery little reward.Good expieriance for him though.

He just wasn't getting out of the gate. Had he done that, he would have been a real threat.

48 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Can't agree with you on that, it's poorly prepared and not a patch on how it was on Monday, that was a proper racers track, this is dangerous.

The crashes to the Swdes and Woffinden were caused by the riders hitting the rider (Doyle) in front at high speed. Not caused by the track.

• Like 2

Just now, Fromafar said:

Hellstom Bangs was impressive, no lack of effort  forvery little reward.Good expieriance for him though.

Agreed mate can be proud of his performance .  

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The crashes to the Swdes and Woffinden were caused by the riders hitting the rider (Doyle) in front at high speed. Not caused by the track.

Yes but that was due to everyone getting out wide because that was the only place to generate speed.  Anyway, glad you enjoyed it, I did too but expected a better racetrack, so inferior to Monday night.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Interesting how it’s never mentioned how many ‘accidents’ he’s caused over the last few years! He’s worse than Freddie and not far behind Pedersen for me but because he’s a nice guy he gets away with it! 

• Like 2

What a great name the swede had ......should be funny when he  gets married when they asked about his wife ... Your Mrs Bangs :rofl:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DJC said:

Interesting how it’s never mentioned how many ‘accidents’ he’s caused over the last few years! He’s worse than Freddie and not far behind Pedersen for me but because he’s a nice guy he gets away with it! 

Who?

1 minute ago, nw42 said:

Who?

Quite obviously Doyle from the quoted post. 

• Like 1