British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

2 minutes ago, DJC said:

Quite obviously Doyle from the quoted post. 

Well there were 2 riders mentioned, hence the question.  You're so wrong on this one, no way was Doyle responsible for that, never in a month of Sundays, or Saturdays.

Edited by nw42
error

On 10/2/2021 at 11:09 AM, iris123 said:

Didn’t watch it. Does that mean he is now the best rider in the world ?

:rolleyes: Is Levebed now considered a spoiler or not? 

36 minutes ago, chunky said:

\The winners of the final (race ) win the championship.

... and that is totally unfair !!! The scoring system is also unfair.... I will never understand why mending something that's unbroken.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Well there were 2 riders mentioned, hence the question.  You're so wrong on this one, no way was Doyle responsible for that, never in a month of Sundays, or Saturdays.

Not sure about the Swedish crash, he had a bit to do with that! The Woffy one, on a few watches. He was in front so could pick his line, wasn’t the right one though! 
My point was more about his involvement in so many accidents these days. Perhaps I’m watching him too much but he always seems to be involved in the big ones, he seems too desperate for speed and too close to the edge these days

Edited by DJC
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, chunky said:

You think he is one of the World's Top 10 riders?

Not necessarily but I answered the question.

3 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

... and that is totally unfair !!! The scoring system is also unfair.... I will never understand why mending something that's unbroken.

It's what everybody seems to want these days - playoffs and sudden death...

35 minutes ago, chunky said:

Again, from what I saw - and apparently most others saw - he was first to the tapes, and even if he wasn't "ready" to race, neither was Woffinden.

It was just a joke, I was not seriously saying Stead or Allen need to rush off to Argos before they closed.

Just back in from the meeting so not seen the TV yet…from what I saw Jason Doyle was incredibly lacking speed all day and actually caused the Swedes and Woffinden to crash but obviously couldn’t be excluded but if he had had the pace then the crashes wouldn’t have happened…but when I re watch on TV I will see better

not sure why Lambert was excluded as that was a bit out of the blue …my first live look at Zmarzlik and what a talent..he was going half speed at times to watch his team mate…worth the admission alone for any meeting…

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, DJC said:

Not sure about the Swedish crash, he had a bit to do with that! The Woffy one, on a few watches. He was in front so could pick his line, wasn’t the right one though! 
My point was more about his involvement in so many accidents these days. Perhaps I’m watching him too much but he always seems to be involved in the big ones, he seems too desperate for speed and too close to the edge these days

He was in front in the Swedish crash ,but he does take things to the limit regarding giving racing room.He got his come uppance by try to ride the France rider out wide.

• Like 1

How come Phil Morris is in charge of track prep. Yes I know he is the travelling FIM clerk of the course, but why cannot he be humble enough to recognise some tracks have excellent staff preparing excellent racing tracks that don’t need him butting in. It’s as if he has to do something different to justify his existence.

• Like 1

I am surprised at the comments..I was there and I thought it a great meeting with more passing than I’ve seen for a long time ..there was as much passing as in the Premiership play off for me and I was there as well for that…..people must have incredibly high expectations of speedway these days because I’ve been going since the 70’s and that was as good a world level meeting I have seen 

Edited by Bruiser
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

How come Phil Morris is in charge of track prep. Yes I know he is the travelling FIM clerk of the course, but why cannot he be humble enough to recognise some tracks have excellent staff preparing excellent racing tracks that don’t need him butting in. It’s as if he has to do something different to justify his existence.

He is certainly making a name for himself regarding track cock - ups.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, someone said:

It was just a joke, I was not seriously saying Stead or Allen need to rush off to Argos before they closed.

But we'd still like to know why he was excluded...

11 minutes ago, chunky said:

It's what everybody seems to want these days - playoffs and sudden death...

I don’t. Things worked perfectly well back in the day.