Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

1 minute ago, Bruiser said:

I am surprised at the comments..I was there and I thought it a great meeting with more passing than I’ve seen for a long time ..there was as much passing as in the Premiership play off for me and I was there as well for that…..people must have incredibly high expectations of speedway these days because I’ve been going since the 70’s and that was as good a world level meeting I have seen 

I agree there was some great racing.

• Like 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

He is certainly making a name for himself regarding track cock - ups.

He knows how to turn a speedway track into a Morris Marina.

I'll get me coat...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, customhouseregular said:

I don’t. Things worked perfectly well back in the day.

I agree. I like plain league formats and round-robins; if you get the most points, you win. And you deserve to win...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

... and that is totally unfair !!! The scoring system is also unfair.... I will never understand why mending something that's unbroken.

I hate the scoring system, and would have no problem with the final being a single meeting,  but having it over two days you need a deciding heat at the end of it all.

Otherwise you risk it being all over at the end of the first day.  Tomorrow everyone but Sweden will be trying to get into the race-off, otherwise we would just be hoping Poland make a few mistakes to create any interest.

Edited by someone

Personally speaking, there was some very good racing tonight. I have seen more consistent better racing, but compared to some GP’s this year it was very good.

Having said that, I hope someone else has a big say on track prep for tomorrows meeting.

7 minutes ago, someone said:

I hate the scoring system, and would have no problem with the final being a single meeting,  but having it over two days you need a deciding heat at the end of it all.

Otherwise you risk it being all over at the end of the first day.  Tomorrow everyone but Sweden will be trying to get into the race-off, otherwise we would just be hoping Poland make a few mistakes to create any interest.

If the riders are getting decent money they won’t complain and just take their chance in the Final..It will take crash or EF to stop the Poles though.

23 minutes ago, chunky said:

But we'd still like to know why he was excluded...

Think due to fim rules think he was off his bike gardening as the 2 minutes was up

3 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think due to fim rules think he was off his bike gardening as the 2 minutes was up

That was the only thing I could think off (we didn't see that), but Woffinden wasn't ready at the tapes either! That is what confuses me...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chunky said:

But we'd still like to know why he was excluded...

The referee doesn’t like lambert lol

from what I saw on the tv they both got to the tapes together?   Could do with an explanation as to why woffy was nt excluded as well ?

5 minutes ago, chunky said:

That was the only thing I could think off (we didn't see that), but Woffinden wasn't ready at the tapes either! That is what confuses me...

It would certainly have been useful to see a replay of what each of the riders was doing when the clock hit zero.

I thought the racing was pretty good too... it's just that the track was a bit 1 liney after around 10 races. 

There's no practice tomorrow it's there?

You have to feel a bit sorry for the French. They scored a solid 24 points today but were the only ones who raced the Swedish seniors.

Everyone else got 7 points against the Swedes but the French only got 3. 

That extra 4 points would have put them right up in contention for the 3rd place going into day 2.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

Was looking straight at the clock and Lambert wasn't even sat on  the bike when the time was up., 

Okay, thanks. We couldn't see that...

3 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

Was looking straight at the clock and Lambert wasn't even sat on  the bike when the time was up., 

That is a horrible mistake for him to have made. It's not like he isn't used to the rules requiring you to be ready when the clock hits zero as they are the same in the GPs and the Ekstraliga.