British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

3 minutes ago, Ace no.5 said:

What happened to that outside only line with Fricke getting passed up the inside? How anyone can think this is "Processional racing" is beyond me.

I didn't say it was processional? You said there were races (plural) with 10-12 passes in them and then offered this race as evidence to support your claim.  You were mistaken. 

42 minutes ago, Noodles said:

I've just watched it - 6 passes. What were the other heats where there were 10-12 passes and I'll check those out too? 

I make it 11.

Just now, Grachan said:

I make it 11.

Yeah but that's because you watched it twice.

• Haha 1

I was, with the angle I was watching it from it seems riders had the drop on other riders at different points during the race. I did count 7 in that race alone on the video though. I wish I could watch it back on tv as I don't have BT Sport. I honestly thought the racing was outstanding. Poles a class above though.

14 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Nonsense.  Doyle was slow but for a track that supposedly has so many lines why didn't they just go either side of him?  They were all going for the same line because the track was rubbish, problem was slow coach Doyle was in the way. 

I feel sorry for you having to watch such a crap meeting on such a crap track...

3 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Yeah but that's because you watched it twice.

How do you get half a pass??? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, chunky said:

How do you get half a pass??? :rolleyes:

You just take it out of the top drawer Nige.

Regarding the track, how many times have we heard various commentators and pundits say “the track will come good” or “the track will come to the riders”?  The racing then becomes decent about heat 10-12 which is far too late. Today they had the equivalent of 14 heats before the meeting due to practice and then a short track prep. 
You  can’t have it both ways, it’s either a virgin track or a “came to the riders” track.

Just my opinion but as someone who no longer attends in person I thought it was a decent meeting on a reasonable track.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure this forum is set up to allow the little muppets to have a field day. Same old bollox on this thread as the Premiership final thread of which 80% of it is filled up with sh*te from the same to$$ers. Sat behind their desk all day, one hand on keyboard, other in their pants baiting others. Cant even read through these threads these days without the little maggots spouting irrelevant sh*t. MODS sort your sh*t out and do most of us a favour!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Any exclusion or retirement in the final and they lose it doesn’t matter how many points they are in front.

I really don’t see why 21 heats cannot decide it, they always seem to over complicate things like the new GP scoring system.

If the poles have a better head to head with the other team in the final then a race win only will win it for them 

I thought it was a good event, definitely better than most GPs. Whilst it wasn't as good as the Premiership final I really like having teams and the variety of rider. Hellstrom whatsit mixing it well and it shows that there are many riders out there who can compete with the best. Shame about the crashes and was surprised there weren't more given the desperation to get that bit extra. Lambert was very good for us though. 

Very good meeting only wish I was there, get well soon  Tai, good luck to Dan tomorrow , team GB can still do this. 

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing wrong with that track. It was a more then decent meeting with plenty of passing. It was slicker than usual given there was such an extensive practice. That only created more racing lines though, there was outside, inside and mid track. Impossible to defend and even harder to team ride. When a 3 time world champion said pretty much exactly that, I’d be inclined to trust his judgment. There were at least 5 races that were outstanding, some incredible speedway. I’ve seen way worse meetings than that this season around the NSS when the track has been pretty much perfect, and I know because I have a season ticket. In fact I’d go so far as saying that was the 2nd best meeting of the season after the PO final. That must have been at least 60 passes. 

As ever this forum is being destroyed by f%%%%%%g idiots and the MOD team, if one even exists, need to sort there s%%t out because it puts decent people off posting.

Poles are a class apart and Tai isn’t the rider this season that he has been, Lambert was better overall.

Id be using Bewley and Lambert tomorrow, I think we stand a better chance doing that. First time in years I’ve felt confident leaving Tai out of a GB line up, but we the reality is we currently have 2 riders who are better imo and in DB one who knows the track inside and out and has some serious speed around it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've seen virtually every meeting from NSS since the start, very rarely have I seen it where the line is so close to the fence, it was very much like czestaowa (or however you spell it)

Also, very rarely see any crashes if at all so to have 3 in 1 week is strange and both tonight was just due to riders not giving an inch. That's world championship speedway.

Hope tai Jacob and pontus are OK. 

The 1 hour practice at 2pm was stupid. It was like having a full meeting before the meeting. That's why the dirt was so wide (NOT THE TRACK PREP) 

Andrew meredith did the track. NOT MORRIS 

40 minutes from finish of practice to start time wasn't enough to bring the dirt back from the fence, as much as he tried, whats happened to the old school rakers, that's would have helped. 

Rain is set for 2am right through till 12pm, track will be very grippy with next to no passes. So if you thing today was boring (which it wasnt) then I'd plan to do something else at 4pm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark.1 said:

If the poles have a better head to head with the other team in the final then a race win only will win it for them 

What??? It doesn't matter what the head to head is, a race win in the final will win it. That's why it's the final.