British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

20 minutes ago, acef said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with that track. It was a more then decent meeting with plenty of passing. It was slicker than usual given there was such an extensive practice. That only created more racing lines though, there was outside, inside and mid track. Impossible to defend and even harder to team ride. When a 3 time world champion said pretty much exactly that, I’d be inclined to trust his judgment. There were at least 5 races that were outstanding, some incredible speedway. I’ve seen way worse meetings than that this season around the NSS when the track has been pretty much perfect, and I know because I have a season ticket. In fact I’d go so far as saying that was the 2nd best meeting of the season after the PO final. That must have been at least 60 passes. 

As ever this forum is being destroyed by f%%%%%%g idiots and the MOD team, if one even exists, need to sort there s%%t out because it puts decent people off posting.

Poles are a class apart and Tai isn’t the rider this season that he has been, Lambert was better overall.

Id be using Bewley and Lambert tomorrow, I think we stand a better chance doing that. First time in years I’ve felt confident leaving Tai out of a GB line up, but we the reality is we currently have 2 riders who are better imo and in DB one who knows the track inside and out and has some serious speed around it.

Lambert isn't better than Woffinden :rofl:

15 minutes ago, norbold said:

What??? It doesn't matter what the head to head is, a race win in the final will win it. That's why it's the final.

Just to be clear if zmarzlik wins the final and janowski comes last then poland will win it if they have a better head to head against the other team in the final 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

Someone once said that Forum sites were where the miseries the world meet up.

He was right.

I was in the south stand and thought the whole spectacle was brilliant apart from the crashes.

Zmarlik alone justifies the entrance fee. What a rider.

Just what do people expect?

Here's a challenge to everyone who thought that meeting was poor. Go on Youtube and find a meeting from the 70's, 80's, or 90's where there is multiple passing in every race and then post it on this forum.

You will search in vain.

This and and premiership plays off's have been represented the best of modern speedway as a spectacle.

I've been watching speedway since the 60's and I'm not sure I've seen anything much better than these last three tv meetings.

Here here, couldn't agree more! Some folk just moan for the sake of it! Last three meetings on TV very enjoyable and far better than any GP this year. Hope all the riders involved in incidents on the third bend are OK.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I've seen virtually every meeting from NSS since the start, very rarely have I seen it where the line is so close to the fence, it was very much like czestaowa (or however you spell it)

Also, very rarely see any crashes if at all so to have 3 in 1 week is strange and both tonight was just due to riders not giving an inch. That's world championship speedway.

Hope tai Jacob and pontus are OK. 

The 1 hour practice at 2pm was stupid. It was like having a full meeting before the meeting. That's why the dirt was so wide (NOT THE TRACK PREP) 

Andrew meredith did the track. NOT MORRIS 

40 minutes from finish of practice to start time wasn't enough to bring the dirt back from the fence, as much as he tried, whats happened to the old school rakers, that's would have helped. 

Rain is set for 2am right through till 12pm, track will be very grippy with next to no passes. So if you thing today was boring (which it wasnt) then I'd plan to do something else at 4pm. 

People have got lost in the slickness of the track which made it different to how it usually is, then somehow related that difference to it being a boring meeting. It wasn’t. It was a very, very good meeting and way better than anything I’ve seen in a GP or from Poland. 

Don’t agree with the rain and grippy bit, as long as the dirt was pulled back down post meeting that track needs and will take some rain. IMO it will help 

6 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Just to be clear if zmarzlik wins the final and janowski comes last then poland will win it if they have a better head to head against the other team in the final 

Wrong I am afraid. From the SON regulations, notice the emphasis on Team and not rider - 

The winning team of the Grand Final heat will become 2021 SoN champions. The losing team of the Grand Final heat will become 2021 SoN Runner up. The losing team of the Grand Final Qualifier heat will become 2021 SoN Third Place. 

The only time head to head comes into the equation is prior to Heats 43 and 44

Just watched most of the meeting back on TV after being there….I came out of the stadium thinking I’d just watched a really good meeting and now i have watched it back on TV I still think I have watched a really good meeting.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bruiser said:

Just watched most of the meeting back on TV after being there….I came out of the stadium thinking I’d just watched a really good meeting and now i have watched it back on TV I still think I have watched a really good meeting.

Like most of us on here...

Second and third place wins the final surely. Isn't that the whole point of the scoring system?

Where are people getting the idea from that a heat win will win the final?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Noodles said:

I've just watched it - 6 passes. What were the other heats where there were 10-12 passes and I'll check those out too? 

I've just watched it as well, and I am wondering what you consider a pass. 

6 passes in that race? Really?

As an aside, I am suprised by the number of posts writing Smarzlik...The boy is a double World Champ and absolutely on top of his game. Is it so hard to get his name right when it's shown on the TV so many times? Or am I missing some joke?

4 minutes ago, krompa said:

Berntzon to replace Aspgren/Thorssell tomorrow according to Przegląd Sportowy.

https://www.przegladsportowy.pl/zuzel/zuzel-jacob-thorssell-nie-pojedzie-w-2-finale-son-za-niego-berntzon/pnjrb52

Was Berntzon in the Swedish "squad"? 
The SoN website doesn't have him listed in the squad.
Is their website just rubbish and didn't update to include a squad change when Freddie withdrew, or have they been given some special permission to use him?

4 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Was Berntzon in the Swedish "squad"? 
The SoN website doesn't have him listed in the squad.
Is their website just rubbish and didn't update to include a squad change when Freddie withdrew, or have they been given some special permission to use him?

Must be special permission IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krompa said:

Must be special permission IMO.

If that's the case, it's finally a nice example of speedway doing the right thing, rather than a strict "rulebook" thing.
The Swedes started well and got destroyed in their 2nd race.
No-one wants to see 3 rider races through day 2, so it's great if they can have 2 riders on track on Sunday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

I've just watched it as well, and I am wondering what you consider a pass. 

6 passes in that race? Really?

So, it's not just me wondering that, then?

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

As an aside, I am suprised by the number of posts writing Smarzlik...The boy is a double World Champ and absolutely on top of his game. Is it so hard to get his name right when it's shown on the TV so many times? Or am I missing some joke?

NOTHING annoys me more than constant misspelling of names - often simple ones (like "Nicky Pederson" or "Lee Richardsson")...

• Like 1