British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

Could somebody confirm to me that if Poland get to the final and win the final heat and there 2 nd rider finishes 4th who would be crowned champions Poland or the other team there seems to be confusion regarding this

thanks

13 minutes ago, Susans1 said:

Could somebody confirm to me that if Poland get to the final and win the final heat and there 2 nd rider finishes 4th who would be crowned champions Poland or the other team there seems to be confusion regarding this

thanks

The other team. Its all about not finishing last 

15 minutes ago, Susans1 said:

thanks

Think the other team win as the points are 4,3,2,0 so it would be a 4-5 result

15 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Has Berntzon been officially confirmed to ride for Sweden today, or is this just a rumour?

NC+ reported Sweden is one man team tonight. PHB only.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Why could Brennan not replace Lambert when he was excluded for two minutes?

I’m not entirely sure of the logic but that’s what the rules state - no replacement allowed!

52 minutes ago, Susans1 said:

thanks

The other team,which has been said many times.It has been like that for several years now.Poland and GB have been top scorers overall before and lost out in the final heat to lose out on winning it.

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

The other team,which has been said many times.It has been like that for several years now.Poland and GB have been top scorers overall before and lost out in the final heat to lose out on winning it.

GB did but didn't the rules change after that? Poland were 5-1'd by Russia wasn't a split heat.

24 minutes ago, krompa said:

NC+ reported Sweden is one man team tonight. PHB only.

And this clearly shows how important the SON is to the riders this year, some just cannot be bothered and some of the Federations just let it happen.

Very Amateurish.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Why could Brennan not replace Lambert when he was excluded for two minutes?

It could be that the reserve rides so well (he has to have at least one race) that it is planned for a rider not doing too well to deliberately tape break to get the reserve in. Sort of Cheating the system.

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

It could be that the reserve rides so well (he has to have at least one race) that it is planned for a rider not doing too well to deliberately tape break to get the reserve in. Sort of Cheating the system.

But if he could be brought in anyway whats the difference? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

No. That makes no sense at all.

The U21 guy could come in to any race without needing to 'cheat' at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WembleyLion said:

I’m not entirely sure of the logic but that’s what the rules state - no replacement allowed!

Surely Ed, the logic should be to give the younger riders more experience.