British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Whoever wins this event will be a paper champion.

Very true...winning because of the opponent's misfortune is not a win...just luck.

Neverthelss what counts is an entry the history books.

Just came down from the ceiling.Well done team GB,never expected that in a million years.It was kind of fitting that Lambert and Bewley done it as it shows they could cope without Tai.Brennan's ride today was also brilliant from the lad.

Bangs an exciting prospect,top scored for the Swedes too:rolleyes:

Some good racing again,and hopefully some celebrations for the GB boys that go on for a few hours yet:drink:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, prodons said:

Am sure we were in the same boat back in 2018 when we scored most points yet lost out to the Ruskies in the Grand Final.

Fantastic to see a GB win!! :D

My case made. Under the rules the team scoring the most points often as not don’t win. Daft or what?.

Good that we won and even better we have some decent riders who will serve us well in the coming years but at the end of the day its a just a pairs event with a really stupid format . its hardly makes us world champions .

Edited by orion
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Brilliant result and what a boost for the sport.

As always the Belle Vue track was the real star of the show and the real winner is the sport itself.

Pity it's the end of the season because any casual viewers can't fail to have been impressed.

1 minute ago, customhouseregular said:

My case made. Under the rules the team scoring the most points often as not don’t win. Daft or what?.

1 minute ago, customhouseregular said:

It’s not daft. The 42 heats are to get you to the knockout. If you top score, you get a bye to the final, but it’s not handed to you on a plate.

Keeps people interested for longer, means you don’t end up with dead rubbers at the end of the event. A well established principle in many sports, including other speedway competitions…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

Very true...winning because of the opponent's misfortune is not a win...just luck.

Neverthelss what counts is an entry the history books.

Misfortune or bad decision making.My opinion is the latter,he never ever had to run that wide to where all the dirt had built up this is what bought him down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

It's like many sports now.Everything comes down to play offs.

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Misfortune or bad decision making.My opinion is the latter,he never ever had to run that wide to where all the dirt had built up this is what bought him down.

Certainly not at that point in the race...

3 minutes ago, orion said:

Good that we won and even better we have some decent riders who will serve us well in the coming years but at the end of the day its a just a pairs event with a really stupid format ... its hardly makes us world champions .

But it does gb are the world pairs champions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Where’s Woffinden?

At the start of coverage they showed a message from Tai saying he had hurt some ribs and MCL , and said he wished he could be there but good luck boys.

It's a fact that he was lucky not to have suffered worse.....

• Like 2

Just now, tellboy said:

As I have repeatedly said on here. I prefer plain league and round-robin formats (you score most points, you win), but that's not what most sports seem to want today.

Funny thing is, in the days of the old World Finals, most speedway fans seemed happy with scraping through the qualifying rounds, and then everybody starts from scratch next time...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Agree I am not a lover of them but the riders have accepted them and they set their stall out to deal with them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Hopefully it will warrant a mention in the national press.

Aye righto marra...........................no chance

1 minute ago, r8gdp said:

Agree I am not a lover of them but the riders have accepted them and they set their stall out to deal with them 

And it's the same for everyone - which is the important thing.

• Like 1