British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2021 finals Sat/Sun 16th/17th Oct- FINALS START AT 4PM BOTH DAYS

42 minutes ago, prodons said:

Am sure we were in the same boat back in 2018 when we scored most points yet lost out to the Ruskies in the Grand Final.

Fantastic to see a GB win!! :D

Have to agree.:cheers:

Suppose Britain were top with a last bend pass by Tai on Laguta in 2018 to top the points table by 1 point from Russia (think Cookie only had 1 race over the 2 days?).

Would be more gutting to be 10 points clear and lose (even a 7-0 would still have left you short).

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

When they showed the cards, it had gate 1 and 2. The cards are wrong.

Oh dear such sad nit picking..................they didn't affect anything did they.

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Janowski falling or not.

We beat them 5-4 earlier as well with all 4 riders completing 4 laps.

We were simply the best side on the day. 

Excellent post............................post of the day.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, customhouseregular said:

My case made. Under the rules the team scoring the most points often as not don’t win. Daft or what?.

I am not a soccer fan, but I believe they do not give the World Cup to the team which scored the most total goals throughout the tournament.  And I do not think they add up all the times from the different heats to decide race winners in the Olympics either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, someone said:

Oh, I agree it was a forced error, but you still want to win by racing to the end and not just because the format says you cannot lose.

unforced.........

On 10/11/2021 at 4:39 PM, one of clubs said:

Robert Lambert?, this must be a wind up. Has he ever rode at BV?,FFS. That will cost us a place on the rostrum. Which effing clown has made this decision?. OMFG. Can't be arsed Woofy i can sort of believe, but no Bewley?. Criminal.

This post aged well loooool

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, someone said:

I am not a soccer fan, but I believe they do not give the World Cup to the team which scored the most total goals throughout the tournament.  And I do not think they add up all the times from the different heats to decide race winners in the Olympics either.

What twoddle........................................G.B. won by the rules which every contestant was aware of.......get a life.

• Sad 1

I love the final as a finish to meeting…speedway is and should be about entertainment and let’s face it this meeting would have been over last night without it…a final keeps it all going to the end and allows a finish like today which was fantastic entertainment regardless on who would have ended up winning…..it was great entertainment…

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, singy13 said:

What twoddle........................................G.B. won by the rules which every contestant was aware of.......get a life.

But that was what I was said?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, singy13 said:

If what someone said is "twoddle", then what you said must have been twaddle too, because he was agreeing with you!

3 minutes ago, someone said:

It thought it was just me missing something?

OK...didn't read that way .....viva G.B.

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Janowski falling or not.

We beat them 5-4 earlier as well with all 4 riders completing 4 laps.

We were simply the best side on the day. 

I don't think GB were the best side on the day, but they won within the rules so are Champs!

24 minutes ago, singy13 said:

unforced.........

Lambert kept the pressure on Zmarzlik, forcing him to go out wide giving Janowski nowhere to go.

• Like 1